A75 scotland 40mph!

Interesting post, and some great comments from some, Rob always gives a good honest response…and i support the majority of them. The op has a point, no one likes to poodle along at 40 mph and many complain about it…does that mean you get impatient in town where the speed limit is 30 mph ? I must admit i am holier than thou and stick to all of the speed limits…yes even 30, 40, 50, and the legal 56 mph…and thats probably why i have had no endorcements for over 50 years, and my licence is as clean as the day i got it…and i am sorry for being so annoying on the roads with my speeds, but its due to the fact i dont give a ■■■■ about others, i do what i want to do, and have always enjoyed work where it doesnt pay to bully others, or to break the law, and god forbid, put myself on hourly pay where i have to tear arse about all day.

I refuse to believe that the plodders who sit@ 40mph whole way along A75 then in turn sit@ 50mph on every dual carriageway they come upon.

Think they’re talking PISH!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

truckyboy:
have always enjoyed work where it doesnt pay to bully others, or to break the law, and god forbid, put myself on hourly pay where i have to tear arse about all day.

Aren’t those two the complete polar opposites? Like why would you tear arse around if you’re hourly paid?

Olog Hai:

Quinny:
If it’s 40. I will sit at 40.
If it’s 50, I will sit at 50
etc etc.

If I come across a dual carriageway, then because the law is now 60mph, I will sit on the limiter. If it means you have to sit behind me, because I am obeying the law, then tough.

What a [zb] attitude to have.

Leave enforcing the law to the police and let those who want to go round you, go. It won’t hurt you to keep it to 45-50mph on a dual for a mile or two to let the queue past, but no, you make them stay behind you for when it’s time to slow back down to 40mph.

As you say, it’s no wonder that lorry drivers are regarded as they are.

:unamused:

Thanks Quinny for drawing this thresd to my attention. I really did not realise how attitudes have changed for the worse in latter years.
Some really good posts and some real dunderheads but this is just beyond belief.

You stick to the speed limits which is what we should do as professionals and because of that you have a ■■■■ attitude. UNBELIEVABLE

See, that’s why you should always think twice before jumping in. If you don’t, you run the risk of making a ■■■ of yourself.

If he religiously sticks to all limits then fair play. What does constitute a ■■■■ attitude - a really, really ■■■■ attitude - is the self-satisfied pleasure that he obviously takes in winding it up to 56 as soon as he hits a dual instead of letting those wagons past that have drivers who won’t appreciate being held to 40mph again when the dual ends.

It’s a terrible and very selfish attitude to have. Enforcing speed limits is the police’s job. Not a lorry driver’s.

Quinny:
Haven’t read all of this post because I got bored with it, and some of the so called professional drivers, But…

If it’s 40. I will sit at 40.
If it’s 50, I will sit at 50
etc etc.

If I come across a dual carriageway, then because the law is now 60mph, I will sit on the limiter. If it means you have to sit behind me, because I am obeying the law, then tough.

If you have to speed because your late, then perhaps you should have allowed yourself more time.

When you lose your job, because you have no licence, tough.

And I don’t care if your a Tang, a Sweaty Sock, Sassenach, Taff, Froggy, Polish…the law is the law, and that is why my licence is clean.

And you wonder why the public view us as public enemy number 1. :confused:

Ken.

Jeez mate where do I start. :open_mouth:

Why have you got that type of appalling attitude towards your fellow drivers just for the sake of it ?
Frankly you are just coming across after reading that as a self righteous arse with a real bad attitude mate.

I also sit at 40 (ish) on Scottish A roads and I’ll go faster on dc.s, I am rarely in a hurry as I get paid hourly and like you I am too fond of my licence to join the Teararse Hero Crew.
However…if someone wants past me, (and assuming of course he has not been trying to intimidate me in which case ■■■■ him :bulb: ) I will slow down to let him pass, why would I not ffs? :neutral_face:
Who are you to judge as to why another driver is in a hurry, he has maybe been held up on his last drop and wants to make for a half decent parking place with facilities, or needs to get home, or any other reason that is valid to him …whether you think it is or not is absolutely irelavent. :unamused:

We have enough crap to deal with in this job without fellow drivers just being ■■■■ awkward for the hell of it.

All the superstars north of the border going on about "cracking on " “keeping it lit”
"Running for the boat " etc etc are the same whinging about speed cameras, camera vans and police and DVSA crack downs .
Wait until the latest cameras linked to weight sensors and in operation 24/7 become prolific across Scotland .
You shouldn’t be moaning at other drivers for obeying the limits you should be moaning at your SMPs about the ridiculous speed limits in Scotland.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

grumpyken52:
All the superstars north of the border going on about "cracking on " “keeping it lit”
"Running for the boat " etc etc are the same whinging about speed cameras, camera vans and police and DVSA crack downs .
Wait until the latest cameras linked to weight sensors and in operation 24/7 become prolific across Scotland .
You shouldn’t be moaning at other drivers for obeying the limits you should be moaning at your SMPs about the ridiculous speed limits in Scotland.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Exactly, nice to see someone that comes across professionally.
Spot on mate.

Well this post certainly got more attention than I had anticipated lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Any of you 40mph “plodder” on A75 this morn along Annan stretch about 9am?

Plain white MAN XLX with Ekrea plain white trailer ADR.
You not see the 2mile queue of traffic behind you Top Class CLOWN!!!

If the Farmers in their tractors can pull over to let traffic flow why the hell couldn’t you!!![emoji34]

Big Truck:
You not see the 2mile queue of traffic behind you

LOL, excellent!

Big Truck:

If the Farmers in their tractors can pull over to let traffic flow why the hell couldn’t you!!![emoji34]

Drive a decent truck and overtake him then.

Stop blaming other people for your own crapness in life.

ThrustMaster:

Big Truck:

The ■■■■ WAS overtaken the 1st chance
I got along with twenty other cars/vans!!!

Another “Road Commander” as funny he came out of Gretna slip road into the dual at start of 75 sitting@ 56mph
SPEEDING.
Then when down to 2lane reverted to 39/40mph,
Ballbag!!![emoji849]

ThrustMaster:

Big Truck:

lol How is he blaming other people? At that time of day opportunities for overtaking in a car are hard enough let alone in a lorry regardless of make on that stretch. He is just pointing out yet another eejit who could have pulled over and made life easier for all concerned instead of being an inconsiderate ■■■■■

Mazzer2:
another eejit who could have pulled over and made life easier for all concerned instead of being an inconsiderate [zb]

Why should he? He was doing the maximum speed limit for his type of vehicle on that type of road. Speed limits are maximums, not minimums. It’s not his fault everybody else has the mentality of an impatient child, so he shouldn’t have to be accountable for their state of mind.

ezydriver:

Mazzer2:
another eejit who could have pulled over and made life easier for all concerned instead of being an inconsiderate [zb]

Why should he? He was doing the maximum speed limit for his type of vehicle on that type of road. Speed limits are maximums, not minimums. It’s not his fault everybody else has the mentality of an impatient child, so he shouldn’t have to be accountable for their state of mind.

You’re right mate he doesn’t HAVE to, I can’t argue with you on that.

However if he does, …he’s shown himself to be a good and considerate, driver.
He’s fully aware that it is not an ideal situation however legal it may be.
Also aware of the fact that having a build up of a queue of 2 mile of assorted sized vehicles behind him, on an A road, well notorious for numerous rta.s over the years, mixed with impatient people trying to get from A to B is a recipe for a ■■■■ up situation. :bulb:

You are right, he is technically doing nothing wrong, yeh, you’re also right about some in that 2 mile of traffic are downright pricks in trucks, the type who have no time to stop for a ■■■■, succumbing to pressure and are risking their licences just to please their boss and look good :unamused: …but that aint the point.

So does he be a complete ■■■■■■, a self righteous road marshall/arse, and keep everyone behind him, sat there safe in the knowledge that ''This is the limit, so ■■■■ em.
OR
A professional HGV driver aware of dangerous situations and adapting to them.

I tend to go for the latter when I’m driving, and let the ‘Crack on at all costs d/heads’’ …crack on to ■■■■ out of my vicinity.
What about you? :neutral_face:

The liveried BMW estate was sitting way up a road to right on the big 2mile straight just past the peat works waiting to pounce on ANY trucker daring to overtake The plodder!!!

I got past “Bell-end” further up at the trees and then sat@ 50mph rest of the way.
Funny no build up of traffic behind me!!!

Left Rugby 0345 and thought made good progress to try for 1130Stena.
But unfortunately due to encountering “Bell-end” and a couple of tractors
(That pulled over!!!) and FIVE sets of bloody roadworks on 75 missed boat by seconds.
Mate was last man leaving grid as I pulled up@ booking office!!![emoji21]

Diff of driving out gate home@ 1500 rather than on the 1330P&O (Relief drivers late as tipping the 1030P&O loads) and out gate 1830!!![emoji52]

BTW,
having a 2mile queue behind you
(even if legal 40mph or not) is a FPT for
“Driving without due care and attention”
according to Stranraer D&G Road Policing Unit!!!

Big Truck:
BTW,
having a 2mile queue behind you
(even if legal 40mph or not) is a FPT for
“Driving without due care and attention”
according to Stranraer D&G Road Policing Unit!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
absolutely correct if your a truck only holding up 2 miles of cars behind you.
that argument wont work once they pull you for being a perpretrator of evil having overtaken same rolling roadblock road commander when they are hiding and hoping for such actions.
2 sets of rules played to suit them .
they could erect 3 sets of 3 average cameras on the 97 miles of A75 and it would effectively stop speeding overnight by trucks,but they wont do it as they prefer the 24/7 entrapment tactics by the cars and vans.

A75 & i guess late for the boat ? he’s no being shy about getting out early, the dude in the 4x4 better be in his mirrors