A75

Was on the A75 last week and last time i was down here there was a few speed cameras. Stayed to the limit 40mph but there were some crazy overtaking by cars,it was an accident waiting to happen. Are the scots planning on keeping up with the English and upping the MPH on DC. Just seemed to me more dangerous?

No because Scotland is special, it likes to be different.

As for 75, just camera van and patrols no speed cameras.

Stick just under 50mph and the traffic boys will leave you alone.
The camera vans on the other hand need watched as told you need to be 42mph or less as tolerance.[emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I know what it used to be set at and it was a lot higher than 42. Might have changed now but doubt it.
They are only interested in drivers taking the P. Happy medium and you’re fine.

ajt:
I know what it used to be set at and it was a lot higher than 42. Might have changed now but doubt it.
They are only interested in drivers taking the P. Happy medium and you’re fine.

The info above came “off the record” from Dumfries Traffic Constabulary as they handed me a “points mean prizes” ticket on the bypass last month!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I can go one better. Know the previous camera van operator :wink: Might have changed now however.

Crossed it this morning and didn’t see any cops/ vans etc , did 40 there and back zzzzzzzz

I recall reading something, either on here or in the transport news, that once the A9 speed increase was deemed a success, they would up a few other A roads to 50, but not them all. A75, A77, A96 and I thing the A1 where the main routes that were mentioned. :grimacing:

I would’ve thought the A75 would be kept as a 40 road for HGVS and not upped to 50 mph as the A9 from Perth to Inverness, after all just think of all the revenue the police will lose out on from lads chasing the boat if they put the speed limit up :wink:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I would’ve thought the A75 would be kept as a 40 road for HGVS and not upped to 50 mph as the A9 from Perth to Inverness, after all just think of all the revenue the police will lose out on from lads chasing the boat if they put the speed limit up :wink:

Well, If the speed limit goes up to 50, How many will do 50 and not 56? and if as mentioned above, the vans tolerance have decrease, they will get done for 55-56mph.

Tried looking for the article, couldn’t find it. Found this instead, haven’t had a chance to read it all

transport.gov.scot/road/road … mit-review

Might just be parts of the A75 that get up to 50 :grimacing: