A75 scotland 40mph!

well your right about calais,its just a war zone and a magnet for taliban.
caen was handy but basicaly as bad now especially at the wee offy in the petrol station on the left just before you went in.
its always easier with a fridge and a mega security lock though as with a curtainsider its just more trouble than its worth.
id have nowhere regular to be honest,and i wouldnt be stopping now less than 5 hours away from the ports anyway.
all the regular spots look like a fly cemetery as soon as you stop now.
all the supermarkets like carrefour are handy prics and their likes are usually big enough to park very close and grab a trolly.
it helps having a happy buttton so your on a break as soon as your off your motorway or if not,then take the rest of your 45 if convenient.
the vermin congregate where the trucks congregate.go where they dont.
your jp chenet would be a tad just over 3 euro…its about £5-50 in uk supermarkets and a decent bit more in your local offy…quality gear.and your misses can make a nice lampshade out of the bottle, :smiley:

Yep…I guess I’ll just have to stick with the odd trollyfull when opportunity knocks.

We have already OD’ed on the JP but many friends still like it.

But those Ciders from Brittany are fantastic, the cloudy ones and are dead cheap too.

Hurryup&wait:
Yep…I guess I’ll just have to stick with the odd trollyfull when opportunity knocks.

We have already OD’ed on the JP but many friends still like it.

But those Ciders from Brittany are fantastic, the cloudy ones and are dead cheap too.

thats their equivelant of buckfast with the monks toenails floating about in it.
theres similar in a big ( i just won the formula 1 race) type magnum size champagne bottle called pol remy.
total gut rot.
if your parked up for the night,then you can get bladdered on 10 euro.
you split that,5 euro for hooch like that,and another 5 euro for the barman to promise he will help you back into your cab at the end of the night. :smiley:

dieseldog999:
you split that,5 euro for hooch like that,and another 5 euro for the barman to promise he will help you back into your cab at the end of the night. :smiley:

A helpful French barman :open_mouth: In the unlikely event of finding one that’s not a risk I’m willing to take with what’s left of my virginity.

dieseldog999:
the vermin congregate where the trucks congregate.go where they dont.
:smiley:

Exactly what I was told, I’ve stuck to it so far and had no issues in those regards.

A.

Hurryup&wait:

dieseldog999:

A helpful French barman :open_mouth: In the unlikely event of finding one that’s not a risk I’m willing to take with what’s left of my virginity.

Lol why is it that in some French establishments you get the impression that the bar staff are doing you a favour by allowing you to drink there, rather than the fact that you are helping them by supporting their business

Mazzer2:

Hurryup&wait:

dieseldog999:

Lol why is it that in some French establishments you get the impression that the bar staff are doing you a favour by allowing you to drink there, rather than the fact that you are helping them by supporting their business

Because they’re French.

:laughing:

A.

because they assume your english until you enlighten them as to their mistake… :smiley:

Well, just received my punishment for doing 52mph along the A1, just about 2 miles over the Scottish Border. Got off pretty lightly with 3 points and £100 fine :cry: . That’s my 10 years of a clean licence gone for not realising what country I was in. 40 mph everywhere in Scotland from now on !!

Chill Johnny Boy:
Well, just received my punishment for doing 52mph along the A1, just about 2 miles over the Scottish Border. Got off pretty lightly with 3 points and £100 fine :cry: . That’s my 10 years of a clean licence gone for not realising what country I was in. 40 mph everywhere in Scotland from now on !!

Our rigid driver got done in the same place a couple of months ago.
I was a bit shocked when he blurted out he didn’t realise Scotland hadn’t stayed with the times and was still 40mph [emoji17]

Haven’t read all of this post because I got bored with it, and some of the so called professional drivers, But…

If it’s 40. I will sit at 40.
If it’s 50, I will sit at 50
etc etc.

If I come across a dual carriageway, then because the law is now 60mph, I will sit on the limiter. If it means you have to sit behind me, because I am obeying the law, then tough.

If you have to speed because your late, then perhaps you should have allowed yourself more time.

When you lose your job, because you have no licence, tough.

And I don’t care if your a Tang, a Sweaty Sock, Sassenach, Taff, Froggy, Polish…the law is the law, and that is why my licence is clean.

And you wonder why the public view us as public enemy number 1. :confused:

Ken.

Quinny:
Haven’t read all of this post because I got bored with it, and some of the so called professional drivers, But…

etc etc.

If I come across a dual carriageway, then because the law is now 60mph, I will sit on the limiter. If it means you have to sit behind me, because I am obeying the law, then tough.

If you have to speed because your late, then perhaps you should have allowed yourself more time.

And I don’t care if your a Tang, a Sweaty Sock, Sassenach, Taff, Froggy, Polish…the law is the law, and that is why my licence is clean.

Ken.

The speed limit on a dual carriageway is 50mph not 60.

Ok…

Who’s first.

Quinny:

etc etc.

Ken.

Another chode who speeds when it suits him then gets on his high horse by clogging up the roads at 40.

:unamused:

A.

Quinny:
etc etc.

What a ■■■■ attitude to have.

Leave enforcing the law to the police and let those who want to go round you, go. It won’t hurt you to keep it to 45-50mph on a dual for a mile or two to let the queue past, but no, you make them stay behind you for when it’s time to slow back down to 40mph.

As you say, it’s no wonder that lorry drivers are regarded as they are.

:unamused:

Quinny:

etc etc.

Ken.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
il bite then shall i??

id imagine the public think trucks are public enemy #1 is because they are stuck behind some plobber self imposed road commander who has such a miserable penance of a job that he has to do the bah humbug sour grapes rolling roadblock lets see how big a queue i can get behind me this trip,than a mad mental tang on the bang getting on with it and doing a bit of naughty overtaking now and then.
there has to be a great number of drivers speed for no other reason that the advancement in truck and car spec makes limits imposed 50 years ago obsolete and they speed to drive normally along with the general motoring public at large.
by all means sit at 40 in your own myopic head of the queue world of self importance,but you may think that a bit of courtesy to let the traffic past on a dual might not be too difficult to manage.

If it’s 40 mph and your doing anything over that and something happens even if it’s not your fault don’t forget your card will be pulled and it will then be your fault.

Yorkielad:
If it’s 40 mph and your doing anything over that and something happens even if it’s not your fault don’t forget your card will be pulled and it will then be your fault.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
your assuming the alleged speeding would be done with the card working? great deterrent there bud.thanks for drawing it to our attention.il remember not to speed in future .
thats me converted now,il make sure and remember its a target and not just a limit. :slight_smile:

Glad to be of help :smiley:

Yorkielad:
Glad to be of help :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

your welcome,in fact im away to rip out the happy button before i do another shift ( the tacho will have to be put on other work though) at the same time il make sure the adblu emulator and dpf bypass is also removed,not forgetting to have the workshop drain the tanks of laundered diesel and refilled with good old uk pump proper gear.
il have the tacho reset to read 56 when its doing 56 and not the 64 its set to presently,and il decide which one of my 2 licences to keep and il return the other one forthwith.
no more making up my pieces and microwaving my tea on cruise control,and definately no more watching the telly on the motorway.
il limit myself to 15 hour shifts,and il seriously consider working for tesco whilst wearing my hiviz in the cab.
itl be no more lobbing of tizer bottles at taliban coming down the corridor,not terrorizing fannys on bikes.
itl just be like passing my test again and learning all these new ways of driving… :smiley: