A75 scotland 40mph!

It always amuses me when you’re in a huge line of traffic and cars have to get in front of me even though they’ve no chance of ever getting to the front. So instead of being behind the, potentially not concentrating truck driver they get in front putting themselves potentially in mortal danger. [emoji23]

standard norfolkline subby operating procedure there my good man.
be fair,he stayed on his side of the double white lines… :slight_smile:
theres big truck earlier missed it by 1 min.
when you do that,your parked sometimes for up to 4 hours,with all your next days work knocked to pot,plus its the difference of a good kip or a broken one .

Big Truck:
BTW,
having a 2mile queue behind you
(even if legal 40mph or not) is a FPT for
“Driving without due care and attention”
according to Stranraer D&G Road Policing Unit!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

As I said, I never do, or never would hold up traffic in that way for the hell of it and to be an arse.
I also sympathise with you missing the boat and time at home,… been there myself, and if it’s down to some self righteous prick, all the more maddening.

However I would LOVE to argue that one in a court of law with a bloody good Brief.
Sounds like a cross between wishful thinking and good old fashioned drivercrap to me bud.

Big Truck:
BTW,
having a 2mile queue behind you
(even if legal 40mph or not) is a FPT for
“Driving without due care and attention”
according to Stranraer D&G Road Policing Unit!!!

Is that on their facebook or twitter or where?

somersetlive.co.uk/news/som … ors-196711

this was posted in somerset but it should apply all over the uk.
obviously it can be interpretated either way at traffic plods whim.
if you sit at 40 on the a75 and have irish plates north or south your likely to get stopped because they will assume your at it.
tesco type company plobbers are excluded from this thought process.

“The police recommendation to slow-moving vehicles is to pull over, where it is safe to do so, and make use of lay-bys, when you have six or more vehicles behind you.”

Having read all that clip (which incidentally cannot make it’s mind up if its ‘‘The law’’ or ‘‘What the Police advise’’ :unamused: ) I still have not changed my mind that a ■■■■ hot brief could sure as hell pick enough holes in it to get you off.

After saying that, speaking as someone who regularly pulls in to allow passing traffic on poor A class roads in Devon area, maybe it should be ‘‘The law’’.

On the other hand the A75 is a safer road for a truck to do max 50, so in theory if everybody did stick to 40 with all the attachrd problems, things would undoubtedly change . :bulb:

dieseldog999:
This is the law for slow-moving vehicles and when tractors, lorries, caravans and cyclists should pull over - Somerset Live

if you sit at 40 on the a75 and have irish plates north or south your likely to get stopped because they will assume your at it.

“The police recommendation to slow-moving vehicles is to pull over, where it is safe to do so, and make use of lay-bys, when you have six or more vehicles behind you.”

40mph (the legal max) = slow ?
As already said Id like to sat on the sidelines when that one comes to court! Its a long time since I`ve driven the A75 up there. (Not me holding you all up!). How many safe laybys are there?

Franglais:

dieseldog999:
This is the law for slow-moving vehicles and when tractors, lorries, caravans and cyclists should pull over - Somerset Live

40mph (the legal max) = slow ?
As already said Id like to sat on the sidelines when that one comes to court! Its a long time since I`ve driven the A75 up there. (Not me holding you all up!). How many safe laybys are there?

If there’s one thing about the 75 it’s the fact they are plenty of laybye’s both sides of road.[emoji106]

Big Truck:
If there’s one thing about the 75 it’s the fact they are plenty of laybye’s both sides of road.[emoji106]

Noted. Thanks. :smiley:

Big Truck:
The liveried BMW estate was sitting way up a road to right on the big 2mile straight just past the peat works waiting to pounce on ANY trucker daring to overtake The plodder!!!

I got past “Bell-end” further up at the trees and then sat@ 50mph rest of the way.
Funny no build up of traffic behind me!!!

Left Rugby 0345 and thought made good progress to try for 1130Stena.
But unfortunately due to encountering “Bell-end” and a couple of tractors
(That pulled over!!!) and FIVE sets of bloody roadworks on 75 missed boat by seconds.
Mate was last man leaving grid as I pulled up@ booking office!!![emoji21]

Diff of driving out gate home@ 1500 rather than on the 1330P&O (Relief drivers late as tipping the 1030P&O loads) and out gate 1830!!![emoji52]

That KNOWHOW outfit is good at long traffic behind and not pulling in A75. most but at 40mph normal pull left indicator and let you past same likes on A41.
You always get the ■■■■ that never looks behind him .

That KNOWHOW outfit is good at long traffic behind and not pulling in A75. most but at 40mph normal pull left indicator and let you past same likes on A41.
You always get the [zb] that never looks behind him .
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^
well the worse ones in my book are the self imposed by the book road commanders that do look behind them watching the traffic queue get longer and longer,then hit 56 or whatever they can get to as soon as theres a duel section.
we have all been behind them,and ive nothing but contempt for that plobbing attitude.
( you know the type)
i have a miserable boring job in my fleet spec dungheap.
i want to do the minimum i can to get my days wages.
il make sure il do what i can to make sure everyone elses day is as miserable as mine and cause as much irritation as possible on the guise that im strictly adhering to the speed limits that are completely ignored in varying degrees by 99% of all other drivers…

dieseldog999:
well the worse ones in my book are the self imposed by the book road commanders that do look behind them watching the traffic queue get longer and longer,then hit 56 or whatever they can get to as soon as theres a duel section.

Complains when they stick to the limit, complains when they sit on the limiter. Make your mind up.

Conor:

dieseldog999:

Complains when they stick to the limit, complains when they sit on the limiter. Make your mind up.

I rather think that DD is highlighting the blatant hypocrisy of someone who will rigidly adhere to one speed limit and then blatantly ignore another.

Edit to add; it always makes me remember the ridiculous 50 limit at Elkesley on the A1 in the days before the limits were raised when I used to get lorries overtaking me before I got to the 50 limit where they’d suddenly slam the brakes on and when I overtook them they’d give me the dirty looks! It was still a 50 limit before and after there for us you muppets!

I love the ‘whack a mole’ style game of watching someone behind me, repeatedly edging over the line, dashing back because of oncoming traffic. Bonus points if their headlights could be used at a Chemical Brothers concert.

Why are you all always in a rush for the Ferries anyway ? :neutral_face:

is it so you can spend more time in the gift shop before leaving ? :laughing:

Tooz:

^^^^^^^^^
you are deffo extracting the urine there my man.
however,

^^^^^^^
in respect of having to reply to driving god conor .
if your such a herbert that 39 is max on the A road,then 49 should be max on a duel road,though if your such a by the book fanny,then staying at 40 at the start of the dualler would be somewhat courteous to those sitting behind you fuming about having to crawl along because of a road warrior on the front door… :slight_smile:

Tooz:

^^^^^^^^^
however,

^^^^^^^
if your such a herbert that 39 is max on the A road,then 49 should be max on a duel road,though if your such a by the book fanny,then staying at 40 at the start of the dualler would be somewhat courteous to those sitting behind you fuming about having to crawl along because of a road warrior on the front door… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Tooz:

^^^^^^^^^
however,

^^^^^^^

I’m actually with you on that one :open_mouth: I’ll pootle along a roads at 50 (or whatever is safe) without pulling in to let traffic past, but if there’s a dual carriageway or even 2 lane roundabout, I’ll let people pass. Common sense in my book.

common decency would be more accurate showing a tad consideration for the ones behind.
at 50 nobodys going to be going mental at the back of you.the ones doing 40 without pulling in are just cretins.
though years ago when i had the isfortune to try working for tesco the rules at the induction were,never speed,and never pull in to let traffic pass you.

dieseldog999:

Tooz:

^^^^^^^^^
however,

^^^^^^^
…you mean there isn’t a Gift Shop ? :open_mouth: :laughing: