A11 Elveden Memorial layby - Bulgarian drama

robroy:
My mate once brought a Sed Atk diff down to South Wales for me in the 80s where we (or rather he, I laboured for him) put it in on an ind est side road, but I wouldn’t like to try a grarbox on a hi tech modern truck though (even if I was capable, which I aint :unamused: )

Some of you clowns on here who slag off ‘‘ALL EEs’’ as crap drivers, while doing your 100 mile radius daily runs should be reading this thread eh? :bulb:

Good on the o/p for showing a bit of old fashioned driver empathy also.
(my Mrs made up a food pack one Xmas for a young foreign lad parked up in a lay by down my road over the 3 day Xmas period, which I dropped off for him)

‘Proper Drivers’ those 2, good on them, a dying breed.
More than I could ever do anyhow. :neutral_face:

Although I’d like to think I could do it (I’ve changed a gearbox on a 5sp car) I certainly would be scared to attempt it on a 12 or 16sp gearbox on a modern lorry!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I’m fairly handy with the spanner’s so would like to think I could do a truck gearbox with the right equipment. It’s only the same as a RWD car but with much better access. However, weight is obviously one thing that makes the job very hard [emoji23]

Not taking anything away from the EE though for doing it on the side of the road, very well done for the ‘can do’ attitude.

Put it this way, I love mechanical stuff so much I’ve got a part that I replaced on my car on my window cill as an ornament [emoji23]

Just went past them today and they are still at it. You got to give them 10 out 10 for effort

Probably a different truck - the EE boys have started an al fresco truck repair centre. Next thing you know there’ll be some plastic chairs a portabog and a truck wash at the exit. :smiley: :smiley:

Socketset:
Probably a different truck - the EE boys have started an al fresco truck repair centre. Next thing you know there’ll be some plastic chairs a portabog and a truck wash at the exit. :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:
well they already got the plastic chairs out

Just been passed & he is STILL THERE… he is no longer doing anything mechanical

TheNewBoy:

How gutted would you be if you spent near on 3 weeks trying to get that gearbox fixed only to find that it still won’t work?

stuwozere1:

TheNewBoy:

How gutted would you be if you spent near on 3 weeks trying to get that gearbox fixed only to find that it still won’t work?

Depends if he’s being paid while the trucks stood idle…[emoji848]

stuwozere1:

TheNewBoy:

Changed the gearbox whilst waiting for a callback from the agent with his backload. They probably don’t realise he’s been off the road!
:slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

On Todays episode of the lay-by diary’s…

He is still there…

He’s obviously got problems. Yeah I know that’s bloody obvious [emoji23]

Poor bugger, chances are its a soddin auto so it’s probably in the various computers the problem lies.

I broke down in the opposite layby on Thursday last week and he was still there.

Mine was something of a more simple fix than his though! A couple of cable ties to pinch off the airline to my seat and off I went.

He is still there … must be at least 3 weeks now, if not 4 ?

Looks like his Bulgarian buddy has gone, I expect the next move will be try to load the unit and trailer onto a low loader and piggy back it home to Bulgaria.

Poor bloke :frowning:

Anybody called in to see if he’s ok for food and water?

axletramp:

Aren´t they trained to live off the land?

steviespain:

axletramp:

No, it’s only Brit drivers who are all ex-special forces.

Own Account Driver:

steviespain:

axletramp:

No, it’s only Brit drivers who are all ex-special forces.

I´m gonna have to go find my nearest RDC and do some waffling!

just make sure you know your dates and the herald sailing times so you can accurately say by how much you just missed it.,the names of a couple of pubs in hereford,a few phrases that the squaddies use,and stand in a corner so nobody can come up behind you.

youtube.com/watch?v=uFTT4Ve8-BE