Zarifshan Goldmine

Some Photo’s of my trips to Zarifshan.
youtu.be/ummHBJzzB4E

Very interesting and thanks for taking the time to put it up, I bought E901 HDF off Peter with the Dutch Esteppe roof conversion.
He later traded as Russanglia with his Russian wife , noted the trailer side locker kitchen and most likely lots of spare parts taken with you .

Great set of pics Dave! That looks like a ex-JJ Smith tilt behind the Eurotech. Was the Eurotech ZF or Eaton?

Intresting pics Dave. Looks like a lonely place if you ever broke down.

Out of intrest did you have to run in military convoys in certain areas as i believe there are bandits that are dangerous ?

I think they hired locals with guns to sit in the passenger seat in dodgy areas, and what food was on offer in road side establishments, gone off milk dishes or yogurt?

Eurotech Was ZF

Food & Spare Parts. Yes if you look at my Side Box.I Carried enough food to last six weeks spare Parts.
Normal would be filters,belts, Plus Tools.
Roadside Food, Only once in Kazhkastan, did I eat in a roadside Resto, I never did it twice.
Dave.

No it was not,That Was Ex CTR, I had That Trailer Converted to my Spec. by a Company In Halesowen.

No. Genlemen, at no time did Ihave Milatary Convoy, This was 1996/1997, We were on our own,We had Defend to ourselfs.

Thanks for answering all our questions! :sunglasses:

If you have any more, I will try to answer, We all have seen the Video’s of Midde East, maybe it’s time to bring in The Lads that Done Russia & Central Asia.
Dave.

davemackie:
If you have any more, I will try to answer, We all have seen the Video’s of Midde East, maybe it’s time to bring in The Lads that Done Russia & Central Asia.
Dave.

There are several threads on here dedicated to Russia, Kazakstan, Azerbaijan etc work :wink:

Ralph Davies used to do the Kazakhstan runs and some almost to the Chinese border, if you don’t believe it, email or call Davies .
Wasn’t there issues with lorries falling apart as they are not designed for rough and arduous terrain getting a pounding ?
There were some great Kazakhstan photos on the wall inside the Shell garage near Le Mans , the one with the cafe and the dog called Eigor ?

Here’s a thread that does Kazakhstan:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=143552&hilit=kazakhstan+beyond

And here’s another:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=96860&hilit=kazakhstan+beyond

Here’s yet another:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=144160&hilit=kazakhstan+beyond

And here’s yet another:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=110000&hilit=kazakhstan+beyond

There are plenty more if you look. There are pages on the Astran thread that deal with Kazak too.

Dave,

Great video, unless I’m mistaken Nigel Simpson and Kenny ward are in the second part ?

Mad as bucket of frogs the pair of them !

davemackie:
Hello Dave
Long time no speak. Where have you been ?
I am back in touch with Dave Button, he did a fair bit of Russia.
Are you going to Bob Hedley’s send off August Bank Holiday weekend down in Ashford.
Best regards
Gavin
GS OVERLAND