lost gearbox

Any one else read the new cvc magazine yet ? Our hero was on the m1 and noticed things had gone a bit quiet and then saw a car behind him run into something , he was going to stop and help but he realised when he went to change down that it was his gearbox that the car crashed into !! . When the gearbox fell out it ripped all the brake pipes out of the chassis and he was in some road works so he had to get in the outside lane for the next 3 miles before he could stop it on the handbrake . I know this could happen to anybody its all part of the job but what I would like to know is why the gearbox didnt get stuck under the back axle or under a back wheel and what happened to the propshaft that must have been fastened to the diff ? Its maybe me being a bit cynical in my old age but it does sound a bit far fetched . Regards Geoff

Far Fetched :unamused: How the hell did he travel 3 mile without any drive anyway :question: :unamused: :unamused:Load of Bull—t in my opinion.

I think ‘a it far fetched’ doesn’t even begin to cover it. Borrocks is nearer

If brake lines had been ‘ripped off’ the parking brakes would have come on making it difficult to do any distance in any lane.

David

What a load of b------s.never heard anything so stupid. :laughing: :open_mouth: :unamused:

All the bolts out of bell housing fell out,plus gearbox mountings and propshaft bolts and gearbox has missed diff and rear wheels? Have you heard the one about goldilocks and the three bears?

Managed to do 3 miles without a gearbox -what speed was he travelling at ■■?Could have been downhill I suppose :smiley: Glad his handbrake still worked though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lol - that made me laugh … the sad parts are that some will think its plausible … oh dear! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dosser:
Any one else read the new cvc magazine yet ? Our hero was on the m1 and noticed things had gone a bit quiet and then saw a car behind him run into something , he was going to stop and help but he realised when he went to change down that it was his gearbox that the car crashed into !! . When the gearbox fell out it ripped all the brake pipes out of the chassis and he was in some road works so he had to get in the outside lane for the next 3 miles before he could stop it on the handbrake . I know this could happen to anybody its all part of the job but what I would like to know is why the gearbox didnt get stuck under the back axle or under a back wheel and what happened to the propshaft that must have been fastened to the diff ? Its maybe me being a bit cynical in my old age but it does sound a bit far fetched . Regards Geoff

how wrote the story in cvc ■■

CVC mag ? re. VIZ !

Hiya…CVC mag…April 1 st edition.
John

cvc mag june 2014

Nonsense. Pure and simple. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Rubbish! I know that we had trucks losing wheels, taildoors and inter-axle propshaft’s without the drivers being aware of the fact, even had a Foden gearbox internals ‘vanish’ somewhere on the road (driver DID notice that, there was very little left forward of the propshaft!), but never a complete gearbox.

Pete.