Thanks for pic,my mate now owns this truck steve flatley

Great shot of B-series with tandem-axle tilt on ebay :wink: . Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

good pic that,old trailer was around when I first started in 76

ERF-NGC-European:

When first starting out after leaving the army I remember being impressed at Kamac´s passing me as though I was standing still and then I went on the IPEC contract for Jan De Rijk and was well chuffed that I was now able to whizz past Kamac

maxhagar:
Good afternoon men. new programme started on Monday on Quest called Supertruckers about a N Yorkshire haulage firm,I would give you its name but I cannt remember it.They are from farming originally but they have tons of wagons now. So remember Quest at 8pm on Mondays.

Yes there just up the road from where I live, they are based at Leyburn N Yorks, and it’s a far better program than seeing that stuff from Stobarts.
:- Jack.

keith 2:

ERF-NGC-European:

Hi Kieth, that must have been one of the last trailors with DLS Europe on it, about only 12 months after A1 took over. :- Jack.

Looking through an old Volvo f88 drivers handbook I gave to a mate, and found a note to me from my boss…the night out money will date it!

hi,
i,m a newbie to this site, so i am playing catch up, but i am only home at , aww bugger you know the story,
any if you look closely at what i,m sure was a taylors of martley trailer you can see where it once had A 1 transport leeds , written on,
o,k, just a bit ##itless trivia but there it is, bye, yungnad

Well it looks like A1 Transport, Leeds has come to the end of the road, after a few years it looks like some or all of you have moved on to where I don’t know, but I still keep in contact with a few of you it looks like this page has come to an end.
Although I will still keep looking on to see if anyone tries to find me or any other ex A1 employee, if there’s any info anyone needs just post it on here, but I wont be looking every day from now on, I wish you all well and hope to see or hear from some of you in the future. Kind Regards :- Jack Graham.

Jack Graham:
Well it looks like A1 Transport, Leeds has come to the end of the road, after a few years it looks like some or all of you have moved on to where I don’t know, but I still keep in contact with a few of you it looks like this page has come to an end.
Although I will still keep looking on to see if anyone tries to find me or any other ex A1 employee, if there’s any info anyone needs just post it on here, but I wont be looking every day from now on, I wish you all well and hope to see or hear from some of you in the future. Kind Regards :- Jack Graham.

Its been good to read all the ups and sadly downs of A.One . As you know my dad Jack Ellener worked for Jack for years and finished early due to ill health . He was gutted when it closed and could’nt understand how it could go down like that . But those drivers there as it sunk knew why .

I ran the London Depot for a while back in 1980. Originally working with Sonny Bairstpw before he retired. Jack Robinson owned it, I think he was Irish.Russell Hutchinson was MD and ran it.I had huge respect for Russell and he was marmite.I spoke to him this year and he is a groundsman at Bilton CC near Harrogate. It was a great firm to work for until Russell Lost his wife in a plane crash he survied. He was out of the business for some time. During that time It was sold with Magee buying it and Ian Matthews, who ran the Middlesborough depot, got busy brwon nosing. He eventually got moved on but by then the company was being run poorly. I jumped ship then and really the company withered over the next few years. This despite acquisitions of Barnfarther plus others.

Have a look at page 33 heavy haulage through the years, there’s a photo taken in the yard at gildersome of a Volvo no 185 with a low loader trailer and crane on

Steve Boland:
I ran the London Depot for a while back in 1980. Originally working with Sonny Bairstpw before he retired. Jack Robinson owned it, I think he was Irish.Russell Hutchinson was MD and ran it.I had huge respect for Russell and he was marmite.I spoke to him this year and he is a groundsman at Bilton CC near Harrogate. It was a great firm to work for until Russell Lost his wife in a plane crash he survied. He was out of the business for some time. During that time It was sold with Magee buying it and Ian Matthews, who ran the Middlesborough depot, got busy brwon nosing. He eventually got moved on but by then the company was being run poorly. I jumped ship then and really the company withered over the next few years. This despite acquisitions of Barnfarther plus others.

Hi Steve, nice to see someone looking in to our post, I worked in the international side, but was at London depot for a while, ans nice to see you mention Sonny Bairstow, he was in charge of Fielders depot at Blackfriers depot originally, it was on Isabella Street, just off the Cutt, under one of the railway arches, I hope your keeping well, because most of us are getting a bit passed it by now, how time flies by when you don’t see ex workmates, I also did a few months at South Mimm’s shunting etc, until I went in hospital with cancer, but sadly the firm went bust before I could get back to work, and that MaGee told the redundancy people I didn’t work there and lost my £9,000 payout, so much for MaGee the lying ba"""rd. Just keep smiling and look on here again from time to time, always nice to hear from anyone connected with the old firm.Kind Regards :- Jack Graham.

Just on the off chance anyone looks into our A One page any more, I just want to wish every one of you all a very merry Christmas, and a very happy safe and healthy new year, keep safe and be happy, and by the way I’m now a great-granddad now, what a Christmas prezzy that was. :- Jack Graham.

Jack Graham:
Just on the off chance anyone looks into our A One page any more, I just want to wish every one of you all a very merry Christmas, and a very happy safe and healthy new year, keep safe and be happy, and by the way I’m now a great-granddad now, what a Christmas prezzy that was. :- Jack Graham.

Stecon:
Hi Guys

Just found this site and been looking through certainly brings back lots of memories from my days at Henry Long and then A One nice to see a lot of names I recall being mentioned on here

Time marches on but still seems like yesterday when we doing the Wednesday flyers down to Italy & back

Found this picture on google which is what led me to this site I inherited E973JDX from Bernard Carter after he sadly passed away in Calais following a heart attack, not sure where the picture was taken but I’m sure Jack & Alan will recall

Keep the memories coming

Cheers

Steve Connell

Here’s a picture of E973JDX & E167GBJ when in Teamhaul colours Felixstowe. NMP.

Jack Graham:

Hi Jack, hope you’re keeping well. Like you here’s wishing all a very Happy Christmas and a VERY MERRY New Year that brings all you wish for yourselves…Dave

merry xmas and a happy new year to one and all, raise a glass to absent friends

frankie_breslin:
merry xmas and a happy new year to one and all, raise a glass to absent friends

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all, hope your all ok, lost your email somehow, hope the glass has rum in it. Les.