It’s mine for the taking…

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance
20.00 per day if you truck hop

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

If the truck makes a loss, do you pay them 20% of standing costs?

Thejpmshow:

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

Remind us where you work now…

Franglais:

Thejpmshow:

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

That’s a question I didn’t ask lol!

Thejpmshow:

Franglais:

Thejpmshow:

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

So obviously they’ll be telling you what your truck has earned every week so that you can work out your 20%, …to prevent you from thinking they’re just saying that, so you’ll go that little bit harder ? :neutral_face:

If you cab hop…do you earn 20% of each truck you drive?

robroy:

Thejpmshow:

Franglais:

Thejpmshow:

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

So obviously they’ll be telling you what your truck has earned every week so that you can work out your 20%, …to prevent you from thinking they’re just saying that, so you’ll go that little bit harder ? :neutral_face:

lol I won’t be going hard anywhere :smiley:

Also they pay a incentive bonus based on MPG, he said if it’s above 6.5 then you get a bonus… given how many he said achieve that I’m surprised they haven’t increased the amount

sinclair89:
If you cab hop…do you earn 20% of each truck you drive?

I guess you get the 20% on your work affiliated to you for the week, regardless of truck

The other payment is like an inconvenience incentive

the nodding donkey:

Thejpmshow:

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

Remind us where you work now…

Farmfoods

Simple hourly rate works for me i cant be not noing what imm earning which is why i turned it down

bjd:
Simple hourly rate works for me i cant be not noing what imm earning which is why i turned it down

I’m the same mate, all these fancy smoke and mirrors type bonus schemes are always more beneficial on the firm’s side.
As for Jenky’s it may be decent money, but I reckon this percentage crap where you can’t work it out as you have no idea of any figures to do so, is an insult to their driver’s intelligence imo.

robroy:

bjd:

I’m the same mate, all these fancy smoke and mirrors type bonus schemes are always more beneficial on the firm’s side.
As for Jenky’s it may be decent money, but I reckon this percentage crap where you can’t work it out as you have no idea of any figures to do so, is an insult to their driver’s intelligence imo.

infact stobarts is the same work but pay is clearer personally i would choose stobarts over jenks

Where I work does similar stuff to Jenko’s. We’re on a hourly rate or % which ever is the greater. We don’t know the figure of what each load earns, but in the 9 months I’ve been there every week the % has been higher than the hourly by a decent amount.

Thejpmshow:

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

Plus another £10 on the chip liners.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thejpmshow:

Franglais:

Thejpmshow:

450 basic
20% of truck profit
26.20 night out
10.00 meal allowance

20 days holiday + 8 BH

Not to shabby!

Not that good either
That’s why some are tear assing around for a bigger 20% cut
IS THAT LEGAL ?

Was just reading elsewhere that AW Jenkinson and Stobbies have placed a joint order of 2250 Scanias again

Henrys cat:
Where I work does similar stuff to Jenko’s. We’re on a hourly rate or % which ever is the greater. We don’t know the figure of what each load earns, but in the 9 months I’ve been there every week the % has been higher than the hourly by a decent amount.

But at least you have a basic to work with

Well, on my 3rd week now. Job is easy enough if a little dirty at times on the chipliners. Planning is as most places hit and miss, but my planner seems OK and doesn’t chase for updates. Worked bank holiday as hadn’t got any holiday days to use, but it’s paid at £12 p/h on top of salary and all the other bits. Walking floors probably a bit easier and you keep the same trailer, but will probably do more loads. So far this week I’ve tipped 2 loads. Meriden to Stirling then up to Inverness to load this morning then tip Penrith and load Carlisle.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Started last week

Training Tuesday / Wednesday

Wednesday afternoon about 330, ‘your first loads in Bristol - they finish loading at 430 so if you get going you’ll get there ok’

Bearing in mind I had not loaded anything into the wagon (that I’d just been given) that we’d just been trained on using the sheet etc

My words were

‘■■■■ that! I’ll go there in the morning’

So I did - and of all times to pack up, my sat nav picked its moment…

Thursday consisted of stopping in a few places for a spare cable, couldn’t find one. This delayed me getting to the tip (Haverfordwest), so delayed me getting to Llanelli for load 2. I missed the allowed time of 3pm.

I rang the planner, he said that’s a shame that’ll probably result in you staying out til Saturday morning… Stayed there til the morning, loaded and on my way by 745. Got to
Maldon, Essex at 130pm.

Next load, Suez from Ruislip back to Chippenham yard.

I got back on a 10 hour with 18 minutes to spare…

If it’s like this long term my words will be once again, ‘■■■■ that’

Monday will be dropping this load off to Avonmouth Suez, then down to Monaghan Mushrooms for a load of compost to a farm near Aylesbury

The no specified start time is messing with my head and it feels like they are trying to catch me out…