A tip on reversing in difficult situations

F-reds:

Evil8Beezle:

LE1erRE:
is that because of trailer camera won’t always be compatible with tractor unit so too much hassle fitting.

or do only rigid drivers need them :smiley:

At present there is no standard connection for a camera between the unit and trailer, and as you can be swapping trailers from all over the place, it’s something that has to be done fleet wide or not not at all. I suspect in the future the industry may take the leap and add a connection in for a rear camera on Artic’s but I’m not holding my breathe…

Until then we just have to be bloody careful there isn’t something right up our chuff, and use the force Luke! :wink:

I’ve got a rear camera mounted on my manitou, so it has a suzie connection to the lorry, and I have to say its chuffin’ terrible as a design. The picture is great, but there are soooooo many connections in the cable between the screen in the cab and the camera on the manitou it frequently fails due to water damage. I fear you would have the same with an artic. Wireless is the way forward!

Having a camera on the rear of the trailer and a bluetooth sender unit on the front with an in cab screen with an auto pair system in the unit shouldnt be beyond todays technology…
One for Dragons Den if theres any inventors amongst us. Oh and how hot is Sarah Willingham. To be fair I wouldnt mind a go on Debra or even some Tuka time if im honest.

Youl need a cost effective retro fit design for both trailer and unit, perhaps even a portable system. Right thats enough of me making someone else a fortune… :wink:

I doubt it would work. We have over 9000 plus trailers across our fleet with even more incoming to replace the ageing crap. It would cost a small fortune to retrofit cameras too them, thats even before we take into account the fact that everyone just abuses the trailers anyway. I picked up an MA trailer last week that was less than 3 months old, legs are already buggered on them.

Do you want the best tip of the lot? … Well here it is.

Keep your nearside window and all mirrors spotlessly clean.

eagerbeaver:

Exactly, but don’t forget the same attention to any and all windows and mirrors, that lovely lady, the last one in the country who dresses well might come cruising gently past you today, be prepared boy scout, dib dib dib :smiling_imp:

Juddian:

eagerbeaver:

Exactly, but don’t forget the same attention to any and all windows and mirrors, that lovely lady, the last one in the country who dresses well might come cruising gently past you today, be prepared boy scout, dib dib dib :smiling_imp:

It’s a wonder you haven’t crashed mate! :wink:

I hit a transit up the arse with my car many years back and learnt my lesson… :laughing:

Practice dear Evil Practice

so they tell me