A.S.Rawlings Transport Ltd

Here you go Gazza
Photo from Buzzer I don’t know who’s pic it is tho !

Hi all.This trailer was in The Turkish Republic of North Cyprus in 2004 I have not seen it for a while now.Is that one of your Scania’s ?

Thanks for that postman paul, no that was not an ASR owned vehicle. Obviously the tilt sheet is but the trailer body has changed colour. Unless it was the sheet stolen from Ernies trailer, dropped on the A4 near Arluno due to his Marathon breaking down. The sheet was removed and dragged across the farmers adjacent field never to be seen again.

Gazzer was that white Scania one of our old ones, John Petit springs to mind Buzzer.

Can’t tell John because I don’t think it’s on UK plates in that photo albeit right hand drive.

Hi all no wasn’t dads Scania his was red an left ■■■■■■.

So Curly you are Johns Son tell us how is he doing im led to beleive he lives in Italy
Please remember me to him my name is Ian and i seem to remember him following me to Valencia on his first time in Spain when he had an F10 on for David Lailey

Remember loading hides in your walking floor a few times Ian and tipping at Rawlings yard

I will do Ian. Yes dad still in Italy lives in ostuni between Bari and brindisi.

Cripes Curly, what made your dad pick Ostuni? I know we expats live in spurious places for random reasons…what’s his? We used to deliver to Lecce in the past but not too much else in that area. Unless he was sucked into the grapes collection action?

Any one know what happened to “Little Les Corn” who pulled on Rawlings and moved to Wales to start a rabbit farm enterprise, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Any one know what happened to “Little Les Corn” who pulled on Rawlings and moved to Wales to start a rabbit farm enterprise, Buzzer.

Last saw little Les at Jimmy Rawlings funeral.He has packed up the rabbit breeding as he had a job to catch em and hold em down! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Spadgers son, Terry Dean Sparrow has given me permission to post his dad’s photos on here. I got them from him on FB.

We consider STS and Spadger a part of ASR so I will post some more of his pics here on behalf of his son.

There are really nice pics there gazzer! Whats the story with the astran tilt? Did he sub for them?

Suspect but don’t know that Jimmy Rawlings bought it when considered knackered as they could kill a tilt in time doing them old salted empty cows Buzzer.

Ah thanks for that buzzer! Sound pretty good guess to me :smiley:

Danne

I agree with Buzzer, I expect Jimmy bought it because it no longer reached GV60 level. Plus it was when triaxles were the way to go. Traniht will remember. Unless Bunter won it in a game of spoof in the pub!

gazzer:
I agree with Buzzer, I expect Jimmy bought it because it no longer reached GV60 level. Plus it was when triaxles were the way to go. Traniht will remember. Unless Bunter won it in a game of spoof in the pub!

For anyone who remembers him my brother Mick Hellawell passed away last night
Rip Micheal

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Havnt done this for a long time so ill try and get it right this time :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Brother Mick Hellawell passed away last night after a long fight with cancer
We will miss you mick