A question about night out allowance

I think it may have started when some firms became aware that some places gave a receipt for parking but that included a free meal etc. They saw this as cheating because the NO allowance is supposed to pay for the meal.

I used to do it: pay £20 for parking overnight and get a ‘free’ meal, which would have cost £10 and claim back the £20.

peirre:
I’m aware of a couple of firms who only pay the 1st £15 of parking

My company pay the first £14…so effectively don’t pay for parking.

Santa:
I think it may have started when some firms became aware that some places gave a receipt for parking but that included a free meal etc. They saw this as cheating because the NO allowance is supposed to pay for the meal.

I used to do it: pay £20 for parking overnight and get a ‘free’ meal, which would have cost £10 and claim back the £20.

That annoys the hell out of me does that.
A meal voucher is part of the contract of parking, it’s an inclusive perk for the driver, so has ■■■■ all to do with the firm.
The problem started when some places offered a choice of 2 parking tickets, one with one without, so the greedier firms (such as mine :imp: ) picked up on it and insist on the driver handing in the non meal ticket.

commonrail:

peirre:

Ask your boss if when he goes for a pint, does he tells the barman he’ll only pay the first £2.50 towards it, if he says ‘No’ , then ask him why he does the same (or at least ask you) to park HIS truck…effin ridiculous.
Go on, I mean it, ask him for real…and see what he says. :bulb:

edd1974:
Last place I worked at. Was there 2 years got £25 cash in hand on a Fri for every night out I had once handed I time sheet.
Then out the blue they starter asking us all for reciepts

Wanted them.for food stuff.bought on nights out god.knows why.
Told the woman I take stuff and.you trying getting a recipet from snack vans local shops etc…
Use.to just hand her reciepts from Tesco weatherspoons for my tea etc.
Duno why as still got 25 a night anyway

Plus be interesting hear what others get paid per night out.

I’ve been on 25 for 4 years now. Personally think should be raised as over past 4 years price of food etc bass risen . Yes we have had a 3%pay rise last year. 1st one ever but so did day drivers.

Probably when HMRC were faffing about saying that they wanted receipts for night out money.

yourhavingalarf:
Night out allowance…

Can be asked for in cash (and must be paid accordingly in cash) before you leave the yard.

Any company that knows its workers will incur business expenses must have the facilty to fund those expenses in cash if the employee asks for it.

Might try this next time I’m asked to do a planned night out [emoji106]

Can’t wait to see their faces and excuses as to why I should just put it on timesheet and get paid week after !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peirre:

Not many places now are below £20, most are bloody nearer £30!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:

commonrail:

peirre:

Ask your boss if when he goes for a pint, does he tells the barman he’ll only pay the first £2.50 towards it, if he says ‘No’ , then ask him why he does the same (or at least ask you) to park HIS truck…effin ridiculous.

I don’t use truckstops.
Last firm I worked for(who did pay for parking)threatened to withhold my night out money…if I didn’t start parking securely.
I told them to put me on days…and it was soon brushed under the carpet :stuck_out_tongue:

commonrail:

robroy:

commonrail:

peirre:

I don’t use truckstops.
Last firm I worked for(who did pay for parking)threatened to withhold my night out money…if I didn’t start parking securely.
I told them to put me on days…and it was soon brushed under the carpet :stuck_out_tongue:

Only time I use them is if I’m carrying anything valuable, they aint entirely safe, but it’s an arse covering excercise on my part.
I prefer my own little locations I’ve saved up over the years.

I would definitely still ask him though if it was me, if only just to point out how ridiculous that policy is, …not to mention a bit of a bloody cheek expecting his drivers to subsidise his running costs. :unamused: