Does your company pay your parking?

Just curious about how many firms pay for your night out parking?

I have always worked for companies that pay for any night out parking within reason.

yes too a maximum of £25, it used too be £15

No, but we do get a VERY generous amount of night out money, done 2 night out a week for 6 months, total parking money paid to date £0

We don’t generally have our parking paid.

But most of us wouldn’t park in MSA’s anyway. They stink of ■■■■ and are ridiculously over priced.

Imo they are a disgrace!!

All our parking is paid…

Helps I think doing Europe as 9/10 places are free & clean…

paid via snap account

Ours is paid - most of the time we can park in safe places for free but sometimes its better to be in a paid area which does discourage diesel and load theft
Its better to pay for parking than lose £500 worth of diesel off an unlit layby -
I think the thing is don’t take the ■■■■ - £25 per night over 5 nights is a big chunk out of the profit the truck makes - however the odd £15 - 20 twice a week and nothing stolen is a reasonable cost for the amount of hassle saved by using payable good safe parking places
cheers
Steve

Ours won’t pay parking and only last week it took 3 days to get it arranged that one driver had to take a (timed) load over the Dartford bridge rather than their usual tightfisted way of sending us through London or making us wait for the ferry.

Would not work for a firm that did not pay parking.
Toilets,shower maybe,security some maybe.
Rats live on the side of a road.
If a company does not build the cost of parking in the job then they have priced it wrong.

I have never done the whole “layby” thing…always parked at truck stops, company yards or if no alternative, MSA’s.

I just don’t think i would enjoy being parked for 9 hrs without some basic facilities like a toilet.,…and no, ■■■■■■■■ in a carrier bag, or ■■■■■■■ in a bottle, isn’t the same!

How do those of you who don’t get their parking paid do it?

DonutUK:
I have never done the whole “layby” thing…always parked at truck stops, company yards or if no alternative, MSA’s.

I just don’t think i would enjoy being parked for 9 hrs without some basic facilities like a toilet.,…and no, ■■■■■■■■ in a carrier bag, or ■■■■■■■ in a bottle, isn’t the same!

^^ This

If they won’t pay for parking, I don’t want to do nights out for them, simple.

Sometimes things can’t be avoided, you run out of hours or are delayed at a job etc, and you are stuck in an industrial estate or whatever, but I’m not planning to sleep at the side of the road with no crapper nearby, sod that.

Scarab:
Ours won’t pay parking and only last week it took 3 days to get it arranged that one driver had to take a (timed) load over the Dartford bridge rather than their usual tightfisted way of sending us through London or making us wait for the ferry.

surely it costs them more than £5 in diesel to go thru London than a clean run over the bridge false economy there

waynedl:

DonutUK:

^^ This

If they won’t pay for parking, I don’t want to do nights out for them, simple.

Sometimes things can’t be avoided, you run out of hours or are delayed at a job etc, and you are stuck in an industrial estate or whatever, but I’m not planning to sleep at the side of the road with no crapper nearby, sod that.

+1

I wouldn’t want to work for a company that insisted you pay for parking. I’ve no interest in paying £25 for some ■■■■ soaked rathole truck theft magnet noisy craphole with disgusting showers. Give me a layby or industrial estate any day. I’d rather no services than the awful overpriced s*** most MSA operators provide in this country.

Yeah the company I work for pays for parking and even pays for change overs if the truck stop charges for that, if the trucks brake down and are getting fixed over night away from base we get our hotel paid and still get our night out money aswell
There’s still some good company’s out there.

switchlogic:
I’ve no interest in paying £25 for some ■■■■ soaked rathole truck theft magnet noisy craphole with disgusting showers. Give me a layby or industrial estate any day. I’d rather no services than the awful overpriced s*** most MSA operators provide in this country.

What he said.
You can find decent enough places to park for free without having to crap in carrier bags or pee in a bottle.

Thetaff2:

switchlogic:
I’ve no interest in paying £25 for some ■■■■ soaked rathole truck theft magnet noisy craphole with disgusting showers. Give me a layby or industrial estate any day. I’d rather no services than the awful overpriced s*** most MSA operators provide in this country.

What he said.
You can find decent enough places to park for free without having to crap in carrier bags or pee in a bottle.

And wake up to a parking ticket for having no sidelights on or whatever… Nah, nights out = a truck stop, a shower, a beer and some warm grub, or the truck’s back in the yard and I’ll go home for the above.

I had a job offer earlier in the year, a well paid job, close to home, tramping, but no parking paid. No thanks. I’m now home every night.
I’m not a driver who is really bothered about nights out or not, I’m as happy being home every night as I am being down the road, but if I’m down the road, I’m not going to slum it

Where I usually park its free i have access to a shower and a 2 minute walk to beer warm food and the eye candy serving me has to be seen to be believed :wink:

And I’m there nearly every night of the week sometimes the weekend too…

Oh and I have never woken up with a parking ticket and the lights are always turned off overnight,you tend to find these places and keep them to yourself.

My company insist that you find secure parking and it doesn’t matter if you’ve got £300 per tonne scrap rags or £500k (retail) of Scotlands finest export in the back or even if empty, if you have to pay for it then so be it (paid back the following week), it will eat into the profit but if your late cos of diesel theft or the load is rejected due to theft/tampering that’ll eat into profit hell of a lot more if you lose a contract, not to mention that rejected loads screw up arrangements for the next load.

I realise that MSA’s & truckstops aren’t immune from problems but I guess it is a lot easier to deal with the insurance co if required.

PS: I don’t have to crap in the bushes either.

i’ve clicked No, but i’ve never asked any of the firms i work for if they pay for parking.
why would anyone pay to sleep in their lorry? it’s not like they’re giving you a hotel room with nice clean sheets is it?
and what can the MSAs do if you don’t pay? [zb] all :laughing: ?