Does your company pay your parking?

Employer pays for parking - no question.

Why would you park someone else’s truck/load and mind it yourself all night and pay for the privilege yourself ■■? :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

my company insist we use proper parking areas.the money is paid in cash along with n/o money and tolls the following week.
i like this arrangement,as i`ve always got a few quid in my pocket for the pub on friday night :sunglasses:

Were paid a decent amount for a n/o so its frowned upon should you put in an expense form for parking (we get 50 n/o plus 3 meal allowance)
The firm prob does 1 sometimes 2 n/o’s a week so its no biggie, I have 3 favoured places to stop, 2 I can shower and pub tea it, the other is where I showered before I set off and have a party on my own with 6 bottles of Peroni :laughing:

disgo:
If a company does not build the cost of parking in the job then they have priced it wrong.

Took the words out of my mouth! :laughing: :sunglasses:

waynedl:

Thetaff2:

switchlogic:
I’ve no interest in paying £25 for some ■■■■ soaked rathole truck theft magnet noisy craphole with disgusting showers. Give me a layby or industrial estate any day. I’d rather no services than the awful overpriced s*** most MSA operators provide in this country.

What he said.
You can find decent enough places to park for free without having to crap in carrier bags or pee in a bottle.

And wake up to a parking ticket for having no sidelights on or whatever… Nah, nights out = a truck stop, a shower, a beer and some warm grub, or the truck’s back in the yard and I’ll go home for the above.

I had a job offer earlier in the year, a well paid job, close to home, tramping, but no parking paid. No thanks. I’m now home every night.
I’m not a driver who is really bothered about nights out or not, I’m as happy being home every night as I am being down the road, but if I’m down the road, I’m not going to slum it

Never had a parking ticket yet. Or any load stolen. Diesel once. I think parking in truck stops it sluming it to be honest. On the odd occassion I’m forced to I have the worst night sleep possible because of inconsiderate drivers. Much rather park on my own somewhere. Plus I get warm grub every night and its a ■■■■ site better than the crap most places serve up. If we had any decent truck stops or services in this country then maybe my opinion would change but at present nothing in there makes me want to pay for the honour of being woken up several times a night by running engines, loudly talking drivers, reversing beepers and changing trailers and a meal voucher for a load of crap I wouldn’t feed the dog.

ps One of my friends recently posted a picture of a police ‘This is a load theft hotspot’ trailer the other day…in the services. £25 for that? No thanks. (Maybe someone will know which services it was)

Reading services Eastbound had a trailer in there this week :unamused:

I agree that MSA’s are rip offs…but there are some half decent truck stops about in the UK.

The only times i can recall being disturbed during a nights sleep in the UK is when some bugger with a reefer parks next to you!
Normally a supermarket driver having his 45!

Reefers should have there own parking area well away from everyone else so they can all sing along together.

Jack-knife:
Reefers should have there own parking area well away from everyone else so they can all sing along together.

any reefer driver with any sense would switch the thing off. and before anyone says anything. frozen produce will still be frozen 11 hours after the fridge is switched off.

Sometimes they forget. So it’s best to remind um :wink:

Ifyou use your head you can have a shower and a decent meal before you park up or a decent meal when you park up if you box clever, ok everybody gets caught out in a lay-by in the middle of nowhere but thinking ahead really helps

switchlogic:

waynedl:

Thetaff2:

switchlogic:
I’ve no interest in paying £25 for some ■■■■ soaked rathole truck theft magnet noisy craphole with disgusting showers. Give me a layby or industrial estate any day. I’d rather no services than the awful overpriced s*** most MSA operators provide in this country.

What he said.
You can find decent enough places to park for free without having to crap in carrier bags or pee in a bottle.

And wake up to a parking ticket for having no sidelights on or whatever… Nah, nights out = a truck stop, a shower, a beer and some warm grub, or the truck’s back in the yard and I’ll go home for the above.

I had a job offer earlier in the year, a well paid job, close to home, tramping, but no parking paid. No thanks. I’m now home every night.
I’m not a driver who is really bothered about nights out or not, I’m as happy being home every night as I am being down the road, but if I’m down the road, I’m not going to slum it

Never had a parking ticket yet. Or any load stolen. Diesel once. I think parking in truck stops it sluming it to be honest. On the odd occassion I’m forced to I have the worst night sleep possible because of inconsiderate drivers. Much rather park on my own somewhere. Plus I get warm grub every night and its a ■■■■ site better than the crap most places serve up. If we had any decent truck stops or services in this country then maybe my opinion would change but at present nothing in there makes me want to pay for the honour of being woken up several times a night by running engines, loudly talking drivers, reversing beepers and changing trailers and a meal voucher for a load of crap I wouldn’t feed the dog.

ps One of my friends recently posted a picture of a police ‘This is a load theft hotspot’ trailer the other day…in the services. £25 for that? No thanks. (Maybe someone will know which services it was)

i belive that is reading services

our parking is on account so no shelling out with my own money either that or in other yards or customer sites there have been times when i just couldnt make anywere and have been forced into a layby and i much prefer that always sleep better and reminds me of my general haulage days :smiley:

limeyphil:

Jack-knife:

any reefer driver with any sense would switch the thing off. and before anyone says anything. frozen produce will still be frozen 11 hours after the fridge is switched off.

There a nucience but if a customer pays for refridgerated transport he should expect it.

limeyphil:

Jack-knife:

Clearly you have either never driven for a company in the food business from your comment!!! If you have you would know that reefers have a logging system which clearly tells the company the hourly temperature readings and also whether the unit has been switched off!!!

limeyphil:

Jack-knife:

What a load of bollox… :unamused: :unamused: Obviously you have never had a load of ice cream then.

limeyphil:

Jack-knife:

This post shows even brainless monkey’s have access to keyboards :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Company I work for don’t pay and I’m fine with that, don’t want to stay in services, why pay 20quid to get out of the truck and step in a puddle of ■■■■?

Saaamon:
why pay 20quid to get out of the truck and step in a puddle of ■■■■?

coz you get your dinner and a shower for free