A Look At The New Scania S Series (A moving picture)

UKtramp:
Looks a bit of a shed but suppose they are not meant for anything but a weekend jaunt. :grimacing:

Says the man with a Renault Premium for a profile picture… :wink:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:
Looks a bit of a shed but suppose they are not meant for anything but a weekend jaunt. :grimacing:

Said with tongue in cheek m8, a lovely motor (obviously)

UKtramp:

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

Said with tongue in cheek m8, a lovely motor (obviously)

Oh I know, was just having fun

I honestly don’t know if it was your camera/phone or not but the driving area looked awfully cramped in the video. :confused:

I’d still take your Virginia old FH over it let alone the new FH you had at Bulls, saying that I’d happily take a 10yr old CF DAF atm :laughing:

Could do with a good clean, and maybe it’s my OCD, but that’s messy. Still do the wages reflect the vehicle … would rather driver a standard truck and extra wage … is the steering still of centre in them?.

discoman:
Could do with a good clean, and maybe it’s my OCD, but that’s messy. Still do the wages reflect the vehicle … would rather driver a standard truck and extra wage … is the steering still of centre in them?.

I did explain that I was in process of packing my stuff away when I made the video. Also no employer I’ve ever worked at gives you that choice, more money for older truck. Finally the only Scania that had the off centre steering that caused back problems was the P range back in the late 90s!

Reef:
I honestly don’t know if it was your camera/phone or not but the driving area looked awfully cramped in the video. :confused:

I’d still take your Virginia old FH over it let alone the new FH you had at Bulls, saying that I’d happily take a 10yr old CF DAF atm :laughing:

No it wasn’t cramped at all, I just didn’t flip the steering up. Wait till you drive one, they will change a lot of opinions when people get to drive them. I would have this over my two previous FH16’s in a heartbeat

I think it must’ve been the unnatural FOV/DOF (field of view/depth of field) that some cameras can give you, that’s why I asked, seen with your own eyes gives a heck of a different perspective and depth.

I have heard a few times now that they are nice to drive, so there must be something to it, so, do you reckon the gearbox equals/betters the iShift?

It’s ever so slightly better than the standard iShift (not driven the double clutch one), completely flawless. Hasn’t made a single dud gear change in three weeks. Better because I think it’s very slightly quicker than the iShift

I really dig the second suspension controls on the dash. Should have been a stock fit on units years ago.

switchlogic:

discoman:

I did explain that I was in process of packing my stuff away when I made the video. Also no employer I’ve ever worked at gives you that choice, more money for older truck. Finally the only Scania that had the off centre steering that caused back problems was the P range back in the late 90s!

I only ever drove a V reg scania P cab, when I did work on my days off… roadways (RCL) … my company paid for me to get my truck licence as part of my role never once used it as part of my role… apologies re you didn’t have time to clean it. I didn’t hear it … still looks an ok truck.

Suspension switches hidden out of site ?
I just don’t get why (not just truck but also car manufacturers ) put switches where you need to be able to twist your body in some God awful position to see them.

nick2008:
Suspension switches hidden out of site ?
I just don’t get why (not just truck but also car manufacturers ) put switches where you need to be able to twist your body in some God awful position to see them.

Yeah it’s out of work site, so the sight is not seen when on site.

switchlogic:

Reef:

No it wasn’t cramped at all, I just didn’t flip the steering up. Wait till you drive one, they will change a lot of opinions when people get to drive them. I would have this over my two previous FH16’s in a heartbeat

Agreed. Ive been in the 450 for a week now and I love it, . Excellent in terms of living space I think. Really comfortable for both driving and living in. Dont think it even feels like a scania tbh. One thing that I like the most - and this will probably sound stupid- is the doors… not only do they shut easily and softly, Ive noticed that its very soundproofed ? Can barely even feel/hear the engine starting or the fridge running ( dont know if the same can be said for the 730 right enough).
Aye you can get taco info on the display, use the arrows on the right-hand side of the steering wheel and go to the ‘road’ picture. Then scroll down and it shows driving score/ rest & driving times/ fuel avg etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the soundproofing is remarkable, it’s as quiet inside as any car imo

switchlogic:

No it’s not. Stop talking ■■■■■■■■ man.

eagerbeaver:

switchlogic:

Speaking from experience are we?

Was that u stomping up the m6 at 1am jn 13 then tonight

switchlogic:

eagerbeaver:

switchlogic:

Speaking from experience are we?

Yes. Check out the pictures of my truck thread mate. I also did a bit of a write up on here about the truck.

Keep up at the back…

“…and the two boys locked horns over the school project …” :laughing: