A g jacob and sons removals and storage oxford

This is another shot of this mightey Daf , newer than our trucks but not as clean but he had a lot more miles clocked up than our Atego and thats ten years old .

To get the piano north cost the customer £250 plus vat and we charged £80 plus just to get it to our store as he would have had no chance getting down the tight lane where the house was .I try and get on with most firms , its better to help each other rather than working against other firms .

My nephew drove this old merc for a few years . great van but no power steering .

altitude:
You got some tidy looking kit there Jakey.

I call round for a cuppa occasionally with Steve, wagons always clean, yard always tidy, a place for everything & everything in its place, all very professional & a credit to you Steve old buddy! I would look at a dirty Removal wagon & think if they can’t look after their own kit, are they gona look after your furniture!
Regards
Chris
P.S. Any trips to Rush Green & I’m in, I could lose myself for days in there! :smiley: :smiley:

JAKEY:
Thanks Altitude , never seem to get bothered by vosa , 100 % pass rate at mot , we spend far to much on these trucks but we get so much feed back from old and new customers that we just carry on doing our best .

A tidy looking fleet is a good advert in itself but I reckon it has much more impact in the removals game than many others. Turning up in a clean wagon with blankets, straps & trolleys tidily stowed when you open the doors makes a good impression on those whose personal possessions you’re about to lay your grubby mitts on :wink:

Hi parkroyal2100 thankyou buddy , your right about tidy looking fleets in the removal industry , I spend far to much time andmoney on the trucks and making sure my lads are wearing the full uniform but it works out well in the end ! , Our atego was taken by its driver Phil “the hoff” for mot yesterday at Bicester and the first thing the inspector said is how well she looked and had he been polishing it all night :laughing: , it passed with flying colours and the only advisory was phil has got green bulbs in the cab marker lens :laughing: , which to me is ok .I have been taking lots of photos lately and will try and post .This photo was of the atego when it was new and was with the previous driver .

CompanyLogo-image-1_T2.jpg

This Ford A series was bought new by my dad but turned out to be bloody nightmare :open_mouth:

JAKEY:
This Ford A series was bought new by my dad but turned out to be bloody nightmare :open_mouth:

Is that you driving it Steve? I going on the amount of hair :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no chris ,i was about a teenager " just " , it was a noeighbours young baby . :open_mouth:

JAKEY:

Hi Jakey
I remember that beauty, was she not a good un then?
Regards
Routeman

JAKEY:

I had a mate bought one years ago JAKEY, bloody thing nearly broke him. :unamused:

Yes buddy , same with dad :open_mouth: , our truck would not start ever without the easy start . :open_mouth:

Why is it when you reverse up a tight passage way and put the ramps down ,someone allways wants to get out ?even though they said 2 min ago that dont want to :unamused:

another shot whilst loading ,

early 80s shot whilst my nephew was posing .

demo in the yard , dads was looking to replace the Dodges

my brothers Daf and my 6t sprinter on a lazy day .

JAKEY:
Why is it when you reverse up a tight passage way and put the ramps down ,someone allways wants to get out ?even though they said 2 min ago that dont want to :unamused:

Because the 1st thing you learn in Transport is that the general public are awkward tossers :exclamation:

Had to go over to Abingdon today and see the manager of Robinsons as we had a partload down to poole ,handy as we were tipping in Southampton with our load .This Atego was being loaded as I got there .

This wagon comes into our yard most weeks with kitchen units from Germany , we store the items untill the customer wants them delivered.