43 'ers

143 of Sando’s

country_sml.jpg

f88vol:
0nearly finished

wen will we see it out pulling a lowloader with your rusty rotten volvos on the trailer you poltice hahahaha eh alan :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well yappy john u tight fisted lancastrian git heres a pic of a proper sounding v8 with not one turbo but twooooo and not just a miserly 14l a big 17litre fitted in this beastie ohhh listen tto it goooo

I know this is a scania thread but could you show us a picture of the stacks coming out under the back of the cab?. I presume if its a twin turbo v8 then there will be a turbo off each bank so no “T” peice for the stacks but one for each bank?.

My 1988 143 still working hard last week, this time a Chieftain Tank with turret removed still weighed some 35 tons!

NB12:
I know this is a scania thread but could you show us a picture of the stacks coming out under the back of the cab?. I presume if its a twin turbo v8 then there will be a turbo off each bank so no “T” peice for the stacks but one for each bank?.

aye thats right each bank has seperate outlet from turbo but soory i havnt any pics at moment

f88vol:

NB12:

aye thats right each bank has seperate outlet from turbo but soory i havnt any pics at moment

Do you have stacks on that? I had a pair put on at Eminox in Abington after the factory drum silencer was ripped off getting off a Greek ferry, anyway, they run a pipe straight off each turbo, it sounded like a four pot with a big miss from the driver’s seat, but with the roof hatch open it made proper V8 music :sunglasses:

Really impressive

143.jpg

This is the truck that started modern custom trucks in my opinion!

adr:
Lots of bling, but she is nice!

i found some old Truckfest photos…

0 finished wat a treat to own and drive roll on show timesss

Kindle, that third down photo, under the yellow 143’s, they’re not…ahem…IVECO alloys are they? Don’t remember seeing wheels like that
on a Scania, but Ivy co-co’s…

143 420

a w jenkinson penrith

Endit:
Kindle, that third down photo, under the yellow 143’s, they’re not…ahem…IVECO alloys are they? Don’t remember seeing wheels like that
on a Scania, but Ivy co-co’s…

they do look like 'em dont they. spoils the motor imha.

waiting to go into the ring at Truckfest '95

in the yard

yeea 143 still going strong in finlands isels ,just a couple hours ago i went home from plowing our roads from snow .the old lady is aR143 400 6x2 from 1988 working every year.nice
voice good power good reaility ,good when living in countrysite ,no electrics like younger motors