43 'ers

haulier:
I spotted that Thorburn 143 last week can’t think where tho’ Hasn’t his daughter applied for another O licence again!! They sometimes buy an old truck and fix it up then run it, anyone remember the 112 D plate from a few years ago with the alcoa alloys. They also had a 141 which the story went that he originally owned it, sold to someone who fitted a tag axle then bought it back a few years later. Don’t know if anyone out there can add to this?

Yes their licence has been granted but there are conditions attached, I thought though that this was all resolved earlier this year, maybe that was just an interim tho whilst the main application was being assessed, but they have it back , Thats the main thing I guess!

Its in one of the truck mags apparently and on Vosas site!

just been browsing the euro wheels site, cracking pics, and found these on there…

and although this isnt a 143, i thought it deserved a pic on here!!

the black irish 143 was recently treated to a respray…

gogs2006:
the black irish 143 was recently treated to a respray…

who owns it ? any pics ?

Posted before but unique. Spot the Difference?

the black 143 is owned by john o sullivan in tralee co.kerry…i hav’nt seen it since the respray :frowning: i’ll keep an eye open for it :wink:

heres a photo while it was been prepared

By gogs2006

this is a class truck now

some really good pics including Johnny Cash (Brenadan Woods) R Series

courtesy of trucking ireland - many thanks

web.mac.com/truckingireland/Truc … lcome.html

these 143s are still working hard!!!

By gogs2006

By gogs2006

Spardo:

euromat:
that macburnie centurion is lovely, i think i may have a couple more pics, but im off for a quick shower now!

Nah! The Pegasus one, deep red with white wheels, by far the prettiest. :laughing:

I used to watch that one dissapear up Nancy bank or over the Bussang pass in France while i struggled to keep up in my old Reanult 365

That 143 with the Wexford plate is a smart truck now, sheer class to be honest.

This One has just sold on ebay for £10,100

hi all, two of the old 143s I used to run, still have the streamline, used as a spare, does the occasional days work when called on… Hope to smarten her up when time allows, mechanically in great condition, would pull the house down… The other one is in africa now, a double drive I believe!!

Never ran 143’s when they were in their prime, only ever had 113s, always loved them just couldn’t justify the extra cost. In 1997 bought a 124, toss up between it and a secondhand 143, biggest mistake of my life, the most troublesome truck that ever came into our yard, never bought scania again except for these two old girls. More of a hobby decision to have one about the place, nothing like the sound of a v8 through stacks. :laughing:
[/img]Photo Storage
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc276/offalyrover/Image026.jpg?t=1195684997

A local scania pulling a small load not a 143 but a v8 all the same:

Hope quality is ok, all taken with phone.

this may be better

smart 143s there so … that streamline looks as good as new…is the interior as good as the outside ?

gluck now

thanks for that, new to posting pics
yeah the streamline is v clean inside, hope to get it painted soon.

offalyrover:
thanks for that, new to posting pics
yeah the streamline is v clean inside, hope to get it painted soon.

Ha, ya welcome now, ya 143 streamline will b worth a few pound now so it will, its in v gud condition. Has she many miles on her ? R u the only owner ?

Gluck to ya

Karl.:
Aye still plenty about over here.

The STS International ones look VERY Irish though. Is it an Irishman that runs them but lives in england or what?

He’s an Englishman and selling his 143 470 on eBay now:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCANIA-143-470-CL … dZViewItem

The seller is not the original owner, i.e hes not from STS, that ebay seller was flogging a Daf the other day, hes overpriced!

Darren Smith is the owner of STS Int and has his contact details on that page, so the seller must be a mate of his.

He was sellin this the other day

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … :IT&ih=018

That Daf has been parked up in Guys industrial estate in Burscough for the past few weeks, thought it belonged Martin Bond Transport, as he operates out of there.

might get more if they cleaned the inside :angry: