43 'ers

bullitt:

robv8:

Imagine you turn up to a new job, there you go son says the TM, you have a choice the old scania on the right, done a few miles but is still sound or the newer one with all the lights and shineybits… which would YOU take?? And yes, im sure there are plenty on here who would say…"but they`re both Scanias!!!..give me a call when you buy a decent truck! :laughing: "

Me, I would take the older 143 anyday, but I would bet that the younger or more inexperienced the driver the higher the odds that he would go for the newer shiney bling bling machine!! :laughing:

143 for me could just jump in that and go spain right now

bullitt:

robv8:

Imagine you turn up to a new job, there you go son says the TM, you have a choice the old scania on the right, done a few miles but is still sound or the newer one with all the lights and shineybits… which would YOU take?? And yes, im sure there are plenty on here who would say…"but they`re both Scanias!!!..give me a call when you buy a decent truck! :laughing: "

Me, I would take the older 143 anyday, but I would bet that the younger or more inexperienced the driver the higher the odds that he would go for the newer shiney bling bling machine!! :laughing:

the 143 every time! the last good scania made (in my opinion of course!)

SCT last week

14B32268-8B91-4BA7-A269-CDD8F93FFA42.jpeg

As above

robthedog:
SCT last week

Owned by Arlington transport from Darlaston Rob, it looks like Neil has rebuilt her for another few years work!

Sat in a little village in Belgium

I spotted that Thorburn 143 last week can’t think where tho’ Hasn’t his daughter applied for another O licence again!! They sometimes buy an old truck and fix it up then run it, anyone remember the 112 D plate from a few years ago with the alcoa alloys. They also had a 141 which the story went that he originally owned it, sold to someone who fitted a tag axle then bought it back a few years later. Don’t know if anyone out there can add to this?

Another one of my old 143-450. Photo of a photo again, sorry!

there has been a lack of bullnose 143s in this thread! here is one i saw in belgium recently

currentley being restored by my boss,s son

and this ones also being restored and is owned by a friend of my boss

[/img]

Is that green and silver Centurion the real McCoy? or has he just bought a old visor and bolted it on.

That N-reg 143 is just brilliant, would love to find an old one for a restoration project in a few years.

not sure about the centurian rob,i will find out :wink:

euromat:
there has been a lack of bullnose 143s in this thread! here is one i saw in belgium recently

I was parked next to that long nose in Meer on Friday.

Are they illegal immigrants in the back of Ralph Davies Centurion? :unamused:

Carl:
and this ones also being restored and is owned by a friend of my boss

[/img]

this doesnt look like it needs restoring, it looks in bloody good nick, better than some you see on the road!

dreva:
it looks like its an old barry read from brid motor :laughing:

was just thinkin the same barry lives just down the road from me.

i have owned two i think they are most ovr rated truck ,

I wonder if anybody bought the restoration project that was in midflite at Parkinsons haulage sale the other week ? Interesting to see if anybody took it on and if / what it will look like!!!

Thorburns got another 143 ? I remember he got to F12 Globetrotters to do some work to Italy, had them all sprayed up , were immaculate in and out, but the work fell thru so I was told and he sold them, the ended up in Smith Bros yard. They were immaculate tho.

Bet the 143 is the same!

Aye still plenty about over here.

The STS International ones look VERY Irish though. Is it an Irishman that runs them but lives in england or what?

Karl.:
Aye still plenty about over here.

The STS International ones look VERY Irish though. Is it an Irishman that runs them but lives in england or what?

THIS GUY CRACKS ME UP. My job had one till recent.What a ■■■■■■■■■■■ fm10volvo could outrun it.Great truck in there day but there day is gone,since the 4 series eh hello

:question: