43 'ers

one for the irish lads

MIKE P:

sorry if ive put some of these on before

just trying to get the thread going again

@Mike P, PM me in case you ‘need’ more on Van Steenbergen.

By the way, compliments for your company and website!

In case somebody has a picture of Richards/O’Neil-Scania: input
it please and be my guest!

Thank you

Im sure my 143 is ex o neil ■■

Sji1733

All the best

Mike…

En-Tour-Age:
@Mike P, PM me in case you ‘need’ more on Van Steenbergen.

By the way, compliments for your company and website!

In case somebody has a picture of Richards/O’Neil-Scania: input
it please and be my guest!

You have some really nice pics Mike do you drive that white and blue streamline

Stateline.JPG

1620774_487872724657439_327626157_n.jpg

MIKE P:
Yes mate im the grandson of d j Ponsonby

My trucks are similar livery M A Ponsonby[

quote=“seth 70”]Are you the ponsonby of the very tidy old blue and white fleet firm ,or the very tidy pale blue modern fleet ,or neither :question: :unamused: :unamused:

[/quote]
Nice one m8 ,i see you take after your grandad by running a very tidy fleet,its a credit to you buddy :wink:

@Mike P, wow, what a coincidence! Van Steenbergen transferred their home-fleet (later with
local purchases out of global-conditions) to relevant destinations, however with stripping their
yellow ‘elbow-livery’ into blue for O’Neil, green for Viena & Fernandes etc. Well somewhere you
should find the extreme red paint of Van Steenbergen as the rest of the livery was from decals.

Thanks seth

cheers

seth 70:

MIKE P:
Yes mate im the grandson of d j Ponsonby

My trucks are similar livery M A Ponsonby[

quote=“seth 70”]Are you the ponsonby of the very tidy old blue and white fleet firm ,or the very tidy pale blue modern fleet ,or neither :question: :unamused: :unamused:

Nice one m8 ,i see you take after your grandad by running a very tidy fleet,its a credit to you buddy :wink:
[/quote]

Picture out of B/W brochure the moment the first 143 came in and still some 20 142 did the work
next to some Volvo’s and an ERF B as shunter

Some old pics

Nice to see so many good pics of Van Steenbergen’s wagons from Belgium: a good, striking livery, and a fantastic history of diverse and interesting lorries in their fleet over the years. :smiley:

Here’s a pic of the only 143 I drove (a 143:450), double-manning an aid run to Romania in '97.

Same trip, following a couple of Iranian tilts downhill - not easy to get by the chap in front! Robert

robert1952:
Nice to see so many good pics of Van Steenbergen’s wagons from Belgium: a good, striking livery, and a fantastic history of diverse and interesting lorries in their fleet over the years. :smiley:

Here’s a pic of the only 143 I drove (a 143:450), double-manning an aid run to Romania in '97.

Same trip, following a couple of Iranian tilts downhill - not easy to get by the chap in front! Robert

Nice 143 wonder were it is today

irish lorries:

robert1952:

No idea. She was on a G plate and had the old 10-speed 'box. Here’s another pic showing the o/d by the cab (I can’t remember his name at the moment). Just about the whole village came to help us rebuild the tilt! Robert

This Greek 143 is was parked in Kates Cabin today

robert1952:

irish lorries:

robert1952:

No idea. She was on a G plate and had the old 10-speed 'box. Here’s another pic showing the o/d by the cab (I can’t remember his name at the moment). Just about the whole village came to help us rebuild the tilt! Robert

hi Robert,

ive just been reading 1 of your old LDD where you came to the aid of a stricken british driver on an aid run to Romania, I really enjoy reading all of the old & new LDD s, good job mate :smiley:

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:

robert1952:

irish lorries:

robert1952:

hi Robert,

ive just been reading 1 of your old LDD where you came to the aid of a stricken british driver on an aid run to Romania, I really enjoy reading all of the old & new LDD s, good job mate :smiley:

cheers
gaz

:laughing: Glad to hear my old LDDs can still be enjoyed!! Robert :smiley:

ranger:
This Greek 143 is was parked in Kates Cabin today

Nice, very nice!! They still look the part don’t they?