3663 - Any comments?

youll run like a monkey with more drops than a hookers knickers route planning by a aa map they got free with the petrol,there a shocking company wonder how many of there drivers have tacho infringements■■? as its dodgy expecting you that many drops end of the day its your licence and dont expect 3663 and many other multi dropping companys to back you up when vosa come knocking. i did it and took it half of it back as all they want is the stuff delivered whether you break the law or not and they dont give a tom ■■■ about the driver to be honest they do take a lot of new pass younger folk and use agencys because they no a lot of drivers are wise to em sorry but there a bunch of tommy crankers to put it politely and londons bad enough in a car never mind a truck if the drops dont kill you driving around london will 366 = the hours youll work in a week and the 3 at the end stands for how many tacho infringements youll have a week :laughing: multi dropping can suit some but i think youll find theres a lot of drivers wouldnt want go back to it that lgv1 blog is a good read as for that 3663 ■■■■ saying your a labourer i dont think thats apt i think ■■■ on shoe may may suit it as thats how they view drivers by the sound of it and from expierence no thats how i felt when i drove for them, dont put your tacho on break when your unloading and dont if double manning let somebody tell you dont need to put your digi-card/tacho in if your just sitting in passenger seat untill you start driving as ive seen that many a times to bend the rules on trips up to newcastle abide by the rules if the job cant be done then so be its your licence and it can be very quickly taken away from you and the likes of 3663 wont back you up

I worked for B****s for about a year doing the same sort of thing, what i found was that some people would have a run where all their drops would be within a few mile radius in the city routes and other people would have routes out in the sticks like me that took a hell of a lot longer to get around, you just cannot complete the drops in legal time with miles and miles of country lanes, it did start to get to me after a whilst going flat out every day, working through all my breaks and not having time to even stop for lunch when there were the same people who were getting back in the yard every day early in fact some of them even waiting in laybys so not to get back too early for fear of there routes being made longer.

I imagine 3663 would be pretty much the same although i did notice that a lot of the time i bumped into there guys at drops that they had it already sorted on pallets and in cages where as at B****s we had to pick everything from the lorry at drop using the invoice, this in itself could be extremely annoying searching for 1 box of yorkshire puddings or something for 20 minutes only to find it was out of stock so not on the lorry but nobody told you :imp:

In these types of jobs i believe the route is everthing, some of the city routes could end up having 3 drops without even having to move the truck! And on other routes back and froing to hit timed calls is crazy driving past the same school, pub, shop etc muliple times just because you have to hit certain drops at a specified time.

On the plus side i was the fittest i have ever been lol, i lost a lot of weight and generally felt healthier than ever although you have to be carefull of getting too sleepy on those long drives back to the yard if you have a route on the outskirts of the depots area.

The one thing that really did shock me with such a big company was the fact that my driving hours always over but the attitude i got from my manager was one of turning a blind eye as long as the good were delivered, im more aware now and would not be took for a ride again but as a new inexperienced driver you may think this is the “norm”.

Oh and lastly they are advertising for drivers here all the time lol, that has to say something in itself?

ive got an interview with 3663 on thursday

tomsd1989:

After following this thread,that must be the funniest thing that I’ve read on this site.,just so understated…perfect.

lol i no wat u mean mate worth going and seeing thoy and its a job i only passed my class 2 last month so its experiance

Deathstar:

tomsd1989:

After following this thread,that must be the funniest thing that I’ve read on this site.,just so understated…perfect.

After reading the experiences of some of these drivers, one or maybe two words spring to mind…“Cowboy Outfit”

Worked for these [zb] when they were Bookers sounds like nothing has changed. Got to be the worst job I have ever had. Mind I was there for 3 years but only cos I did not want to do distantce work. Worked for Gateshead depot great bunch of lads but company really bad and treat you like [zb] Bloke called Pottsy was the pretend transport manager what a [zb]he was. typical manager no hgv licence and no road knowledge used to send me to Leeds with 30+ drops. Anyway got sacked in the end for swearing at some silly woman who watched carry a pallet of pop into the kitchen then told me it was in the wrong place, Best thing that ever happenend to me,stay well away from this company its not worth it and I know how hard it is out there but never again for me…

I must be the odd one out. I start at half 5 and am finished everyday between 2 and 5 pm. Granted I have a permenant route that I now know quite well and can get around quite quick now. On a good day I can be at home by lunch time.
Although I have found that on some days everything is made so much harder by other people half arsing there jobs.
Also I get £26k (including bonus) which for some one on their first lgv “job” doesn’t seem to be too bad.
Don’t get me wrong, in the end I want to be doing long distance c+e, but we all have to start some where.

Diripio:
Also I get £26k (including bonus) which for some one on their first lgv “job” doesn’t seem to be too bad.
Don’t get me wrong, in the end I want to be doing long distance c+e, but we all have to start some where.

Diripio glad to hear you’ve got the run licked and some stabilty, I suppose working for the company and knowing who gets what and where is 99% of the battle. Getting thrown in on agency not knowing that can be quite different. :wink: :laughing:

How many years at this type of job helps towards a c+e distance trunk.