3663 - Any comments?

Rob K:
And I bet it’s not this kind of scenery you’re talking about :wink: :laughing: :

Hmm, that looks a bit familiar, used to walk down there at lunchtimes in the summer from my old job :smiley:

gixer:
Hi mate,
I work for 3663 at royton and i love it!! I only past my test last year and was sent there by my agency at weekends while i was still doing my week job in a factory. only done about 5-6 weekends then I applied for a job and got it, which i think is pretty good that a large company are willing to take on new drivers. Yes it is a hard job but for new drivers looking for full time job to get experiance and earn £24500 per yr what a way to start. Yes it is early starts but as soon as you get your own route you can zap round and get done early normally before dinner. 1 other plus point is it’s job and knock. You have route hrs and if you can do it quicker you still get paid however many route hrs the route is, if it takes you longer cos of traffic ect you get paid what ever hrs you do as long as you don’t take the [zb] every day. Everyone is paid basic 48hrs a week (5 days) but i can normally do my weeks route in around 40 :wink: . Good pension sick pay ect.
Anyhow gl mate and hope it works out for you.

P.s if you are doing pizza hut, kfc ect which i do you can onlt expect 5-6 drops per day.

Hi

Been in Royton a few times myself on the agency, never had an easy day there,always seem to get the drops that are either on a hill, which is a nightmare as you cant get the pallets off if you are alone so end up handballing full pallets into shop, or where delivery is through a door then down stairs or upstairs to storage room. And you get no help off shop staff.You earn every penny of your £25 grand, definitely not some thing I could do 5 days a week as I’d be only fit for knackers yard. Maybe if I was 10 years younger it might not be so bad. i know when I been in a lot of the drivers(dont know if they are regular or othrer agency like me) seem to be only in the twenties. Good luck to you if you enjoy it

ive done a bit at fradley park lichfield delivering to nandos, bella italias and pubs…bloody hard work, hand ball all day, i dont mind doing odd days here and there but as a full time job
ID RATHER WIPE MY ASRE WITH A BROKEN BOTTLE !!!

You might know Andy then Gixer…(think his nickname was bones there).

You wouldn’t catch me working full time at 3663! Was given it as my first Agency job about three weeks ago…(Andy as drivers m8 )…we were well shafted…started at 6am & didn’t finish till 8.30pm…coulda cried & certainly felt sick at the prospects of hgv driving as a living…It’s more a laborers job than driving!! (as was already pointed out)…Nice trucks to drive tho :slight_smile: Went in the next week for a solo run…they said I was loaded up so off I went parking near the security office…leaving a big scraping trail behind me…I shoulda checked that they’d raised the tail-lift…then on the return motorway I could be seen on the hard shoulder securing the tail-lift…after a few hgv drivers passed me flapping their arms! Really is a ball-ache of a job…ok if you’re built like a brick sh*thouse I suppose. (& a bit younger) Did Wincanton yesterday…more of the same type of work but all in cages but didn’t seem half as bad…(pub work…reversing a 17.5 ton truck thru car parks leaves you needing a bucket full of anti-perspirant!) How the hell anyone can love that type of work is beyond me…but if you enjoy it then good luck with it…

If ever I end up there again…must remember to wear more than a t-shirt…I was blue by the time I carted stuff outta that freezing warehouse! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ok so it may not be for some but i only know this as it is my first hgv driving job. Before this i was working for chep repairing the pallets (14 yrs) now believe me that is what i called hard work lol so maybe this is easy to me. There again i have not worked on a job where a fork lift truck takes goods off the wagon for you or where you just reverse upto a bay. I have looked for other jobs but never seen anything with the sort of money 3663 pay not even for class 1’s. I don’t mind a bit of graft if the money is there. Missus just had baby so i need a well paid secure job which i believe 3663 is. Maybe in a few yrs i will try something else and think back “wtf was i doing there” :unamused:. But for the time being i’m happy do it.

P.s Not sure who andy is but you sure was shafted doing a 14 1/2 hr day lol

gixer:
. Missus just had baby so i need a well paid secure job which i believe 3663 is.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Poor little un, daddy will be away for long hours and be too tired to play when he get in :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Trust me I have a 10mth old and packed in multidroppin for an easier life and a better family life.

But I do understand as I have just got my first C+E job and feel lucky to have got the break

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Good luck to you, get some experience then if its too heavy look for sommint else :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

kevin.red:
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Poor little un, daddy will be away for long hours and be too tired to play when he get in :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Like i said in my previous post “Everyone is paid basic 48hrs a week (5 days) but i can normally do my weeks route in around 40hrs” :smiley: I have never worked more than 46 hrs. :sunglasses:

Thanks for all the helpful responses. I got an interview but today received the “thanks, but no thanks” letter :frowning:

Still, the agency has got me work for the next two weeks driving a bin wagon :sunglasses:

Thinking about it some more, I’m not really sure I would have been up to the 3663 job anyway - I think it would suit someone a tad younger than me (or at least someone used to heavy lifting and carrying).

honestly mate ur better off not having it

I went for an interview at 3663 in Scarisbrick last week…they are paying £400.93 a week for a 48 hour week , around £20848.36 per year.
I was told if I got the job I would have to work every Saturday & have either tues or thurs off instead as I would be the new lad on the block.

Darren:
I went for an interview at 3663 in Scarisbrick last week…they are paying £400.93 a week for a 48 hour week , around £20848.36 per year.
I was told if I got the job I would have to work every Saturday & have either tues or thurs off instead as I would be the new lad on the block.

That works out around 8.50 an hour. The Banbury depot was offering 10.00 an hour, also for a 48 hour week. They are still recruiting - they (or rather, a recruitment company acting for them) had an open day at the Banbury JobCentre yesterday.

:unamused:

I worked for this company when i’d recently passed my HGV licence.It nearlly put me off driving .
Early starts and really heavy work .I don’t think pushing your own body weight in a cage is even legal.Most of the places you deliver too don’t have proper loading bays so you end up pushing the cages up kurbs,up streets etc,or you have to carry all the items up and downstairs (which i don’t think is legal either).

They sent me out with another bloke once at 6.00 am.we wasn’t going to finish until 8.00pm .At about 5pm i told them to stick it and took the lorry back still with loads of drops on it.

Do not work for this company even for experience ,it will put you off driving.After i quit i went to an agency to find work and they laughed when i said i worked for 3663.They have a bad reputation.

Another thing.All of the drivers carried on unloading the lorrys whilst having the tachograph on break.Obvioulsy this is illegal.And i don’t see why you should give up your break for a big greedy company.

Avoid like the plague ! :imp:

rayintheuk:
Avoid like the plague ! :imp:

Hi rayintheuk,

You’ve just won this week’s prize for thread revival. :grimacing:

Since the topic is nearly four years old, and with you not saying when you were with 3663, can anybody be sure that your comments are still accurate today??

A chap I work with used to be on with them, said it used to be like is described above and has always been before. They started a bonus incentive whereby if you get all your drops off for the week you get a bit of cash, could have sworn that was illegal??

If it is the same at this point in time I do not know, however I’m sure someone could tell us, as they do seem to be a foot in the door type company for newbies

I went for an interview at 3663 (back in 2006 though) when I first wanted a full time driving job (up until then I had just been doing odd days here and there on the Agency). The bloke who interviewed me said quite frankly that it was really a labouring job where you also drove the truck, rather than being a driving job…

Oh - and as for the legality of requiring drivers to carry heavy boxes up stairs etc: My understanding is that this is quite within the law, provided there is no practicable alternative, or that they have taken reasonable steps to provide an alternative (e.g. “stair climber” sack barrows).

but if it’s over 25kg its a 2 man lift if you carry 265kg up a flight of stairs and fall on your own you wont come under the insurance

Worked in the Basingstoke depot when I passed my class2, never again. Even though I had set routes things went potty and no matter how fast I’d do the routes it still wasn’t fast enough. When cages were overloaded that they couldn’t be moved by me had to handball them and when told the management just shrugged the shoulders and walked away…Good luck and be prepared to feel worn out at the end of the day.

Ice-Man:
but if it’s over 25kg its a 2 man lift if you carry 265kg up a flight of stairs and fall on your own you wont come under the insurance

Anybody who can lift 265kg on their own should be in World`s Strongest Man competition. We regularly do 246kg fridge/freezers and they are seriously heavy even with two ppl

gixer:
Hi mate,
I work for 3663 at royton and i love it!!

4 years down the line and abit optimistic,
Is that miserable sod Alan still in security,
I think Mel the cricketer is still in the freezer,
Is Ste Taylor still there on the road, I saw Rob Keast last year too.