Eddie Stobart Interview & Assessment

Hi guys, new on here.

Just had a phone call from Stobarts to be invited for interview and assessment drive.
Just wondering if anyone on here has been, just want to no what happens etc. Was also told i need 9hrs off before my interview. Did you? I might struggle for that?
Another thing, how long was you there for?

Thanks PT

Guessing the 9 hours off is so you can legally drive !

Btw, your post would have looked less like trolling if you had used your existing username :wink:

That username wants deleting.

I will be doing 12hr night shifts, so finish at 6 but then my assessment is at 12:30 so don’t no what to do

I did it about a month ago, present both parts of your license which will be photocopied, i was then given the 25 question quiz paper composed of drivers hours and RTD and 6 pictures of the more obscure roadsigns , i was told it was not a pass or fail test so don’t panic merely an indicator of your drivers knowledge i got 23 /25.Then onto the driving assessment appoximately 30 mins, they are looking for road positioning, checking both mirrors constantly and keeping both hands on the wheel most important a few lads before me failed for this believe it or not !, a couple of easy reverses onto a bay no blindsiding required, i was not asked to couple or recouple that would be taught at the Widnes academy on the 2 day induction, “drop and catch” they call it.The bloke on my assessment was about 60ish and a DSA approved ADI but came across as a down to earth best workmate, very pleasant and talkative chap indeed.

If you pass that stage then you have a face to face interview with the Ops manager,where he will outline your pay rates and T&C’s etc

good luck.

I went to one at crick a few months back.

Licenses copied etc, then out for. 45-60in drive ending in a reverse into a bay, no blindside and just general driving. Drive as if you were on test, just not as bad lol.
No couple or uncouple and my assessment was in a manual as well.

Good luck.

PremiumTrucker:
Hi guys, new on here.

Just had a phone call from Stobarts to be invited for interview and assessment drive.
Just wondering if anyone on here has been, just want to no what happens etc. Was also told i need 9hrs off before my interview. Did you? I might struggle for that?

Thanks PT

Which depot may I ask?

Goole depot. Guessing if i got the job id be doing tesco work

Yeah probably, was just wondering because I applied to try and get in for some experience up here but nothing.

PremiumTrucker:
That username wants deleting.

I will be doing 12hr night shifts, so finish at 6 but then my assessment is at 12:30 so don’t no what to do

when you do assestment youm use you digi card
if do full legally you must taked 1 day of before ,and 1 after.because if you finish 6 am,you must rest 9 or 11 hours.,so you can start just 3 pm or 5 pm.and if you do assestment at 12.30-13.30 after this you must rest 9 or 11 hours ,legaly you can t work next 12 hours shift from 6 pm,to 6 am.what it possible-
1.TAKED 2 DAY OFF(ONE BEFORE,ONE AFTER)
2.CALL TO STOBARTY-MAY BE THEY GIVE TO YOU ANOTHER TIME.
3.TAKED 1 DAY OFF BEFORE,BUT AFTER ASSESTMENT FILL APLICATION ,WHO YOU LOST YOU CARD,IT COST ABOUT 20 POUND .7 DAY YOU CAN DRIVE WITH OUT CARD.
BECAUSE IF YOU WORK DAY BEFORE ASSESTMENT AND NORMAL DAY AFTER,AND USE YOU CARD AT ASSESTMENT,NEXT 28 DAY IF STOP VOSA can be penalty (more for 20 pound ) :frowning: and if you company regulary download info from you card,can be some problem from company

hi mate i done the assessment about 6 weeks ago i passed it and i am crap and reversing but to my astonishment went in first time never done a hook up cos it was raining the (guy said ),never done a paper test ,went for a 40 min drive did ok interview with ops manager, start you soon he said i started there two weeks back chilled side of things and i think its bloody hard not having much experience, they sent me out for a couple of days with an other driver, make sure you ask them for this there’s a lot of little things you need to know if you haven’t done fridge work before,anything i can help you with just ask

roadrunner:
I did it about a month ago, present both parts of your license which will be photocopied, i was then given the 25 question quiz paper composed of drivers hours and RTD and 6 pictures of the more obscure roadsigns , i was told it was not a pass or fail test so don’t panic merely an indicator of your drivers knowledge i got 23 /25.Then onto the driving assessment appoximately 30 mins, they are looking for road positioning, checking both mirrors constantly and keeping both hands on the wheel most important a few lads before me failed for this believe it or not !, a couple of easy reverses onto a bay no blindsiding required, i was not asked to couple or recouple that would be taught at the Widnes academy on the 2 day induction, “drop and catch” they call it.The bloke on my assessment was about 60ish and a DSA approved ADI but came across as a down to earth best workmate, very pleasant and talkative chap indeed.

If you pass that stage then you have a face to face interview with the Ops manager,where he will outline your pay rates and T&C’s etc

good luck.

A lot of hoops to jump through to work for the green people…not as if they pay much… :grimacing:

unfortunately their pay rate is becoming increasingly better than average :unamused:

PremiumTrucker:
Hi guys, new on here.

Thanks PT

Hi I had the interview and assessment about a year ago now and depending who your driver trainer is it can vary how long your drive is. You take the written exam and if I remember your only allowed to get six questions wrong unless it’s changed. When you’ve finished that you go on a drive mine lasted about fifteen mins I did the drive came back did a reverse between two trailers then did a uncoupleing of the trailer that was it nothing to hard, then you have your sit down interview if that goes ok basically youve got the job but you should have at least nine hours off other wise when your company down loads your card you will get a infringement. But be aware it’s nothing like you see on the t.v. the pay is 8.10 a hour for the first year you get a 13.00 a night meal allowance and after three months a 5.00 a night fuel bonus. If you do the job properly don’t damage the truck or any property and don’t take the mick you’ll be ok.

falcon71:

PremiumTrucker:
Hi guys, new on here.

Thanks PT

Hi I had the interview and assessment about a year ago now and depending who your driver trainer is it can vary how long your drive is. You take the written exam and if I remember your only allowed to get six questions wrong unless it’s changed. When you’ve finished that you go on a drive mine lasted about fifteen mins I did the drive came back did a reverse between two trailers then did a uncoupleing of the trailer that was it nothing to hard, then you have your sit down interview if that goes ok basically youve got the job but you should have at least nine hours off other wise when your company down loads your card you will get a infringement. But be aware it’s nothing like you see on the t.v. the pay is 8.10 a hour for the first year you get a 13.00 a night meal allowance and after three months a 5.00 a night fuel bonus. If you do the job properly don’t damage the truck or any property and don’t take the mick you’ll be ok.
[/quote]

So they want professionals but pay monkey wages…nowt changes… :unamused:

Hi mate, just a tip when you go for your assessment drive they like you to take your hi-vis off as it casts a reflection on the windscreen sometimes.

SubFocus:
Hi mate, just a tip when you go for your assessment drive they like you to take your hi-vis off as it casts a reflection on the windscreen sometimes.

And hides the Stobbies novelty polo shirts… :laughing:

had an assessment which i failed on the reverse at newark in april the drive was perfect, now got another chance next week at chesterfield i need this so badly but ■■■■■■■■ myself now, im hoping to get the same guy think his names paul, a very down to earth guy dsa approved etc he makes you feel at ease and had a lot of advice for me, he said never give up and you will be a driver for stobarts soon, here i am goin for round 2 iv done 3 more months of agency driving at chesterfield like he said get more experiance and we shall see how you do

GULP :slight_smile:

more lambs to the slaughter! mwah ha ha ha ha!!

I love it really :smiley:

like has been said on previous posts, it all depends on the assessor and depot.

I did mine at Newark a while back, It consisted of a 15 min drive round the block followed by a reverse into a bay in a completely empty yard, followed by a 5min chat with Ops manager who basically just asked which shift I wanted. Easy!

But then a mate of mine went a week later with a different assessor and endured a longer drive followed by a reverse onto one of the more tighter doors in the yard and wasn’t even allowed a small correction shunt, so subsequently failed the driving assessment.

Luck of the draw im afraid mate.

Good luck!

Truckulent:

falcon71:

PremiumTrucker:
Hi guys, new on here.

Thanks PT

Hi I had the interview and assessment about a year ago now and depending who your driver trainer is it can vary how long your drive is. You take the written exam and if I remember your only allowed to get six questions wrong unless it’s changed. When you’ve finished that you go on a drive mine lasted about fifteen mins I did the drive came back did a reverse between two trailers then did a uncoupleing of the trailer that was it nothing to hard, then you have your sit down interview if that goes ok basically youve got the job but you should have at least nine hours off other wise when your company down loads your card you will get a infringement. But be aware it’s nothing like you see on the t.v. the pay is 8.10 a hour for the first year (7.20 on days) :question: you get a 13.00 a night meal allowance and after three months a 5.00 (now 3.50) :question: i think for new starts) a night fuel bonus. If you do the job properly don’t damage the truck or any property and don’t take the mick you’ll be ok.
[/quote]

So they want professionals but pay monkey wages…nowt changes… :unamused:

Any recent assessment stories guys?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G357FZ folosind Tapatalk