Assessment tomorrow

Hello all you lovely people, I’ve got an assessment at stobarts tomorrow, what will they expect me to be able to do, BE NICE please
Thanks in advance

Mickmurphy6:
Hello all you lovely people, I’ve got an assessment at stobarts tomorrow, what will they expect me to be able to do, BE NICE please
Thanks in advance

Hit a bridge

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mine consisted of a quick to see if I have a pulse then a 20 minute chat then go to truck and show how you do your checks then a 20 minute drive around the local area, back to depot and back on a bay… if u pass he will give you a load of cok and bull on how the jobs brilliant and how they like after there drivers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi there,

well I done mine a week past yesterday,

what depot you going for, its very relaxed, be expected to drive a manual split 4/4, you shouldn’t be asked to hook up a trailer or stick it on a bay, its more about on the road driving to ensure your courteous , vehicle checks before you leave remember stick your card in before you go.

here was my assesment and interview start to finish

arrived at depot 07:45 for 08:00 assesment

assessor walks in (driver assessor from Carlisle depot (MARK) nice big chap

have a chat and bit of a laugh, sat in truck done some paperwork, check licence , I had to get a tractor unit and hook up a trailer he offers to do it as you get this training at the academey when you go for induction-

went a 20 minute drive close to depot - back to yard and reverse onto space,

I passed with flying colours he said no issues to report- sat for another 15 just chatting in general

went upstairs to office and had meeting with the TM and assistant - ran over all pay and what you Get - couple of questions about what you know about Stobart etc -

then ask you what shifts and stuff you want

they mark it down as preference and then ask you what a second option would be

DAY done in 2 hours

call 3 days later to say I have job start on 15th

I’m guessing you’re a newbie too!

I did mine at Dagenham today, it was a lot more impersonal than s23age’s experience.

Turn up, book in at the transport office, follow instructions!

I went out in brand new FH, which was a lovely truck, and my first taste of iShift and electronic handbrake.

Walk the trainer through your daily checks - just as you would on your test. Everything from looking underneath for oil leaks, checking the trailer is set to level, open the doors and check what’s in the trailer, get up on the catwalk and check all the suzies are present and correct if you’re already coupled, if not, you’ll take care of that anyway. I didn’t have to couple today) through to checking the trailer height matches the height indicator in the cab and… your horn and wipers/washers work!

I went out for a 20-ish min drive, take your time. Got back to the yard and the trainer said to put it on a bay.

No tea and biscuits for me, as you can see here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=145073#p2291760 I made a mess of my drive.

Good luck, take your time, and report back!

s23age:
Hi there,

well I done mine a week past yesterday,

what depot you going for, its very relaxed, be expected to drive a manual split 4/4, you shouldn’t be asked to hook up a trailer or stick it on a bay, its more about on the road driving to ensure your courteous , vehicle checks before you leave remember stick your card in before you go.

here was my assesment and interview start to finish

arrived at depot 07:45 for 08:00 assesment

assessor walks in (driver assessor from Carlisle depot (MARK) nice big chap

have a chat and bit of a laugh, sat in truck done some paperwork, check licence , I had to get a tractor unit and hook up a trailer he offers to do it as you get this training at the academey when you go for induction-

went a 20 minute drive close to depot - back to yard and reverse onto space,

I passed with flying colours he said no issues to report- sat for another 15 just chatting in general

went upstairs to office and had meeting with the TM and assistant - ran over all pay and what you Get - couple of questions about what you know about Stobart etc -

then ask you what shifts and stuff you want

they mark it down as preference and then ask you what a second option would be

DAY done in 2 hours

call 3 days later to say I have job start on 15th

Congrats mate and well done. Thank you for sharing your experience :slight_smile:

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Well had assessment yesterday, everything went fine, even though the 1st time I’d driven a manual 3/3, got phone call today asking if I wanted to start on the 13th, seems very quick, and not sure about T&Cs, was told " everything explained on induction", is it me or does that sound a bit iffy, surely contract should be sent out 1st, or am I living in dark ages, last time I got a new job was 28 years ago

I wouldn’t worry too much, just check what the terms are if you want to quit. As long as there are no tie-ins or penalties then it doesn’t matter, try the job out and if you don’t like it, leave and find something better.

Mickmurphy6:
Well had assessment yesterday, everything went fine, even though the 1st time I’d driven a manual 3/3, got phone call today asking if I wanted to start on the 13th, seems very quick, and not sure about T&Cs, was told " everything explained on induction", is it me or does that sound a bit iffy, surely contract should be sent out 1st, or am I living in dark ages, last time I got a new job was 28 years ago

Well if you’re not quitting a job to go there, I don’t really see the issue. But I too would like to see a contract and know the T&C’s before I effectively started employment on a promise. :confused:

Hi,

you will confirm you are happy to attend these dates, then couple days later you will receive an a4 envelope, Wirth 2 contracts of employment, and new employee form,

you will also get email which will have some DATA RELEASE form for DVLA and uniform order form

if your happy you sign and take with you to your training dates in warrington

do your training then off you go with a mentor for couple days then out on the road on your own

Thanks for all the feedback, has helped a lot, I know this sounds very nieve, but does the 50 hours include breaks or not? Forgot to ask at interview

Mickmurphy6:
Thanks for all the feedback, has helped a lot, I know this sounds very nieve, but does the 50 hours include breaks or not? Forgot to ask at interview

I would gues not. But there r a few ex stobart drivers on here who can answer that for sure.

By the way stobart deducts one break of your time per day > as far I know

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Sounds good! Good luck with everything and stay strong