Beverly Bell ?

Hi all, may I ask has anybody out there had any dealings with Beverly Bell ?

I understand she is trying to put all North West based traffic firms out of business.

I hear she has a record of putting more firms out of business than all of the other traffic commisioners put together… :confused: :confused: :confused:

A friend of mine had to go before her. He said she was ok, she then closed down the cowboy company he was TM for and advised him to find work with a reputable company. I’ve heard she does a good job.

Basicaly she is “Firm but fair”. She knows her stuff and isn’t easy to fool. :smiley: :wink:

IF she is up for driving “cowboy” firms out of business then I am for her - have read reports in the trucking press and she seems to hold a “firm but fair” line with companies but if you are bent she will have you.

Was she the one who shut up Olivers and stopped them starting up again with a made up name?

if you run legit you aint got nowt to worry about :sunglasses: be a naughty boy and you’ll get a telling off (remember shes a women and you know what there like)

running for cover with tin hat on :laughing: :laughing:

jon

In all of the TC’s pictures in Comercial Motor, they seem to be trying to look as hard as nails, but they just end up looking ridiculous :unamused:

Need more like her!
She seems to know her stuff,i know when one of Stobart’s subbies went before her a a few years ago he called her “luv”,she wasn’t amused !!
But no if she push’s the cowboy’s out of the job then good on her at least we could all start running to the same rules and then get the rate’s up to the true cost of running the job.

commercial motor did an article last year on beverley bell.
she didn’t hold a cpc when she was given the job and any person selected to hold the position is entitled to a cpc without taking the exam but beverley thought it unfair of her to accept the free cpc without having the full knowledge of the course that every transport manager has to take so she took the exam herself to give her a better understanding of the industry and the people likely to be brought before her.

having seen pictures of her in commercial motor i would put her in the babe category - if she wasn’t married i wouldn’t mind coming up before her on a nice summer evening in a countryside bar.

johnny:
having seen pictures of her in commercial motor i would put her in the babe category - if she wasn’t married i wouldn’t mind coming up before her on a nice summer evening in a countryside bar.

rnib.org.uk

HTH.

With Jodpurs and riding boots and a little crop, He He He He,

Harry Monk:

johnny:

rnib.org.uk

HTH.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Absolutely priceless :laughing:

Beverley has kindly agreed to be our guest speaker next month.

If you would like to attend our get-together, PM me for details.

Who is ‘our’ ?

johnny:
commercial motor did an article last year on beverley bell.
she didn’t hold a cpc when she was given the job and any person selected to hold the position is entitled to a cpc without taking the exam but beverley thought it unfair of her to accept the free cpc without having the full knowledge of the course that every transport manager has to take so she took the exam herself to give her a better understanding of the industry and the people likely to be brought before her.

yep, any port in a storm

Having read some of the comments about this woman I can see why this industry is in such a poor state. Mrs. Bell has put more good drivers out of work than any bad or cowboy operation ever has.

Do you think that when she or her organisation closes a company down a good operator jumps up to replace the bad one?

Her organisation conveniently tries to turn a blind eye to the influx of foreign hauliers who are doing the damage to all of us, beit financially or otherwise.

If some hauliers are cutting corners to survive then the blame should be put at her door.

By the way, she earns over £ 100,000.00 per annum. That’s nearly £ 2000.00 per week. That money would be better spent helping the industry to survive instead of giving it to another grasping solicitor.

furryclog:
Having read some of the comments about this woman I can see why this industry is in such a poor state. Mrs. Bell has put more good drivers out of work than any bad or cowboy operation ever has.

Utter rubbish - the illegal actions of drivers or their bosses attract the attention of VOSA - nothing else.

Do you think that when she or her organisation closes a company down a good operator jumps up to replace the bad one?

Irrelevent question. VOSA are there to enforce the law - not to act as a business consultancy.

Her organisation conveniently tries to turn a blind eye to the influx of foreign hauliers who are doing the damage to all of us, beit financially or otherwise.

Rubbish - they enforce the law, they don’t create policy.

If some hauliers are cutting corners to survive then the blame should be put at her door.

Inane rambling has now crept in

By the way, she earns over £ 100,000.00 per annum. That’s nearly £ 2000.00 per week.

Irrelevent statement probably driven by jealousy.

That money would be better spent helping the industry to survive instead of giving it to another grasping solicitor.

More inane rambling with no factual basis.

marky:

furryclog:

Utter rubbish - the illegal actions of drivers or their bosses attract the attention of VOSA - nothing else.

Irrelevent question. VOSA are there to enforce the law - not to act as a business consultancy.

By the way, she earns over £ 100,000.00 per annum. That’s nearly £ 2000.00 per week.

That money would be better spent helping the industry to survive instead of giving it to another grasping solicitor.

Hear, hear! We should all be glad that someone in authority is finally grasping the nettle of dodgy operations in an attempt to gain our industry the credibility and respect to which we all aspire.

If operators work in an environment where they MUST toe the legal line, how can that be a bad thing for drivers? Is this not the forum for “Professional Drivers”■■

marky:

furryclog:

I think the nail has been hit very firmly on the head there. Well said.

I have been fortunate enough not to meet her at the T/C,s offices or hearings but I have met her at the LDOY comp. in Driffield some years ago when she was prize giving and to say she is a formidable woman is an understatement as she is a qualified barrister and as they say “hell hath no fury like woman scorned” and to be fair I would not like to cross her path in the T.C,s court!

The reason she probably took the CPC course is so as she can fully understand what the law is regarding to road transport as it is no use attending a hearing and making judgements based on lack of knowledge and then being stitched up by some smart alec lawyer who knows more than she does.

furryclog:

No- the blame should be put at those hauliers’ doors.

There were employers willing to risk the lives and limbs of their drivers and other road users long before Beverley Bell came along. If you can’t make a living in road haulage by doing it properly then you shouldn’t be doing it at all.