heya

heya… New girl hear… Im currently a hub manager for my fathers haulage company. Kenneth Howley Transport.
Just complete CPC and passed… (dont no how) Also just about to start DGSA Course.

So hello everyone…

Looking forward to speaking to you all soon!!

Liz
xoxoxox

welcome to the madhouse Liz, have fun!! How hard was the CPC then?

easy if you wear a miniskirt, Potter

I havent got the legs for it Wilie :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish i could have just worn a mini skirt!! I thought the first 2 were pretty simple multiple choice questions but the case study was much harder. We got 2 case study papers, did more work on one than the other and sods law it was the one we did less work on!! But i must have done something right!!

I think the pass rate was about 60%■■

Ooh, 'ello

(I blew my March CPC module 4. Maybe I’ll have a little try at leaving some extra shirt-buttons undone next time…and waxing…and doing some highlights…and maybe some studying…)

Welcome!

lizhowley:
Just complete CPC and passed… (dont no how) Also just about to start DGSA Course.

don`t forget the additional mental meltdown, by doing the international CPC :open_mouth:

Never had these problems as I am old and exempt !!!

:smiley: Hi lizhowley WELCOME. :grimacing:

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on gaining you CPC :smiley: :smiley:

For anybody who thinks CPC is tough, try the DGSA exams- cos they’re a real barrel of laughs. :wink:

Good luck to you Liz. :smiley:

peirre:

lizhowley:

don`t forget the additional mental meltdown, by doing the international CPC :open_mouth:

i didnt do the international… I dont need it and most of the legislation is written by the EU which is adopted in most European Coutries.

dieseldave:
:smiley: Hi lizhowley WELCOME. :grimacing:

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on gaining you CPC :smiley: :smiley:

For anybody who thinks CPC is tough, try the DGSA exams- cos they’re a real barrel of laughs. :wink:

Good luck to you Liz. :smiley:

Awww please dont!! lol I have been told that its “open book” which i thought might be a little easier!!

with the cpc it was basically what i new already but more details ect… DGSA is something which is much newer to me!!

willie_mac:
Never had these problems as I am old and exempt !!!

Hi Willie, Yes mate there are a few exemptions to actually sitting the CPC exams provided you have certain other acceptable qualifications.

IIRC nobody is exempt from DGSA exams as far as I know.
If a person needs the DGSA qualification, they normally have to sit three exams to qualify for ‘road’ and there’s optional extra exams to qualify for ‘rail’ and / or ‘inland waterways.’ :grimacing:

lizhowley:
Awww please dont!! lol I have been told that its “open book” which i thought might be a little easier!!

with the cpc it was basically what i new already but more details ect… DGSA is something which is much newer to me!!

Hi Liz, you’re spot-on, DGSA is an ‘open book’ exam. :grimacing:
:open_mouth: IMHO it could be argued that DGSA is tougher than CPC, because you’ll need to learn how to quote legal references for the answers that you give. :open_mouth:
That skill isn’t required for CPC.

IRTE-MSOE, that does me !!

:unamused: ^ what?

Giblsa:
:roll: ^ what?

Hi Giblsa, IRTE = Institute of Road Transport Engineers.

IIRC, MSOE is Member of Society of Operations Engineeers. (Or similar, can’t quite remember. :blush: )

:open_mouth: Alternative: MSOE = Master of Staying Out of Exams. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: (Only joking Willie. :wink: )

Together they mean that Willie gets a free CPC, because those quals are seen as at least equivalent to CPC.
There are some other quals that get you a free CPC too. :smiley:

welcome to the site…only now now need a degree in english language + grammar and spelling, and you will be set for life in the transport industry…just dont do the invoicing…

what is HEYA

truckyboy:
what is HEYA

Shorthand of “Hey you.”
Heya, howya doin?

An incredibly informal greeting.
Actually an abbreviation of “Hey You!”
Shortened to convenience those of us too damned lazy to put definate spaces between our words…

Liz , ay-up! ow do! Welcome to the madhouse :smiley:

Like HEY YOU ,get off my land, or YOU THERE what are you doing ! thats how im usually greeted , well done liz,

Welcome, but

:laughing: