Is there a limit?

Hi everyone,

Basically iv had a theory (hazard perception) booked twice and managed to get both the days muddled up, its now not letting me rebook so is there a limit on how many times it can be booked? Really really massively annoyed with myself! :cry:

You mean you had two simultaneous bookings, or you booked twice?

For each booking I made I got a code should I need to change it. Maybe once it is booked the only option you have is CHANGE or CANCEL, rather than make a new booking.

If you go to the gov.uk site where you can book, on the right are some links for change or cancel. Click CHANGE.

Hope that helps!

TruckerGuy:
You mean you had two simultaneous bookings, or you booked twice?

For each booking I made I got a code should I need to change it. Maybe once it is booked the only option you have is CHANGE or CANCEL, rather than make a new booking.

If you go to the gov.uk site where you can book, on the right are some links for change or cancel. Click CHANGE.

Hope that helps!

1st test was a fail so booked second test 3 days later which i accidentally missed so i booked the test a third time but managed to get my days muddled and missed again. Attempted to book again and the option was not there :confused: waited until well after midnight ā€œjust incaseā€ and then found the option showing so have booked once more

Good luck!

Iā€™m counting the days! Next week!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TruckerGuy:
Good luck!

Thankyou! You have all 3 next week? Good luck to you too and fingers crossed! :smiley:

Good luck Lou. Make sure you get there this time :smiley:. I passed my hazard perception this week, so just my practical to do.

Lou88:

TruckerGuy:
Good luck!

Thankyou! You have all 3 next week? Good luck to you too and fingers crossed! :smiley:

Thankyou, also!

Yes! I managed to find somewhere to do them on the same day. The places I looked at were fully booked until November then suddenly there was one afternoon totally free, so I booked them all as fast as my internet connection would allow. :laughing: I hope Iā€™m not crazy for doing them all the same day.

1van:
Good luck Lou. Make sure you get there this time :smiley:. I passed my hazard perception this week, so just my practical to do.

Thankyou! Oh nice one, big good luck for that, let us know how you get on :smiley:

TruckerGuy:
Good luck!

Lou88:

TruckerGuy:
Thankyou, also!

Yes! I managed to find somewhere to do them on the same day. The places I looked at were fully booked until November then suddenly there was one afternoon totally free, so I booked them all as fast as my internet connection would allow. :laughing: I hope Iā€™m not crazy for doing them all the same day.

Nope not silly at all, I done exactly that and was allowed to do them back to back aswell. I done the stupid one extra click ā€œjust to be safeā€ which was one too many and scored me zero for the clipā€¦that was my fail which I instantly knew and regretted woops! :laughing: Just hope I dont make the same mistake this time round, what day are your tests?

Lou88:

1van:

Thankyou! Oh nice one, big good luck for that, let us know how you get on :smiley:

Cheers Lou. Iā€™m sure you will do well on yours, you only just missed out by a few points last time.
Iā€™ve just started driving a 7.5t, hopefully my new employer will pay for me to pass my CE early next year after the Xmas rush is over

Lou88:
Nope not silly at all, I done exactly that and was allowed to do them back to back aswell. I done the stupid one extra click ā€œjust to be safeā€ which was one too many and scored me zero for the clipā€¦that was my fail which I instantly knew and regretted woops! :laughing: Just hope I dont make the same mistake this time round, what day are your tests?

Nov. 1st!

Iā€™m in that quandary of too much practice or not enough? Iā€™ve tried not to burn myself out before the real test. Iā€™m going to sit the CPC practice questions this evening, then have another run through some of the HPT clips. Iā€™m a bit concerned Iā€™m learning these clips rather than how to do them. I guess Iā€™ll know next week!

I had the problem of clicking too much, too, but after looking at where I was missing the points or clicking too late, I restricted myself to a few clicks and have pretty much eliminated that particular problem. I now only click 3 or 4 times (when I think there is a hazard, then again to confirm it if it looks like one, then again if it definitely looks like a problem). I score at least a 3 this way, instead of 2 or less as before.

TruckerGuy:

Lou88:

Nov. 1st!

Iā€™m in that quandary of too much practice or not enough? Iā€™ve tried not to burn myself out before the real test. Iā€™m going to sit the CPC practice questions this evening, then have another run through some of the HPT clips. Iā€™m a bit concerned Iā€™m learning these clips rather than how to do them. I guess Iā€™ll know next week!

I had the problem of clicking too much, too, but after looking at where I was missing the points or clicking too late, I restricted myself to a few clicks and have pretty much eliminated that particular problem. I now only click 3 or 4 times (when I think there is a hazard, then again to confirm it if it looks like one, then again if it definitely looks like a problem). I score at least a 3 this way, instead of 2 or less as before.

Oh not too long to go then! Dont sweat itā€¦what will be, will be. I studied like crazy on everything but the cpc (spent long time focusing on multichoice then hpt and run out of time by the tests!) I think you can never over study for anything but you should give yourself some breathing space between sessions to let it all sink in and relax yourself.

I went in believing I would be walking out with a failed cpc result as I had only realy done about 1-2 hours max of studying in the space of 3 monthsā€¦how wrong was I! I failed the hpt after plenty of study timeā€¦I knew it was a fail instantly and almost didnt bother carrying on but I did, just to see how I was doing. I also checked the clips to see where I was clicking to early or too late (I know i knowā€¦still managed to ā– ā– ā– ā–  it up) so am just hoping the next one goes a bit better. Mine is on Monday and is just over an hour drive away as it was the earliest one to book :unamused:

I would have loved to of got the practical booked in and completed straight after as I have major surgery booked on the 5th but it looks like it wont happen. At least I know my mind will be up to date ready for work when I do get that pass. When are you hoping to have your pass by?

As soon as possible! I canā€™t get any firm dates out of the forum sponsor until Iā€™ve passed the theory. They didnā€™t even give an indication of the earliest dates available, but Iā€™m guessing it may be another 4-6 weeks at least.

Overall it hasnā€™t been too bad - I was expecting DVLA to take months, but it turned out to be 3 weeks, so that was good. Getting the theory booked then added about another month of delay.

I want to do C then C+E afterwards, so the training itself will be around 2 weeks or so, but that assumes I can do them back-to-back.

I was wondering whether to go to the trouble of re-applying for the updated provisional, but by the time Iā€™ve messed around doing that, it just means more delay, so Iā€™m going to stick with the C then C+E route.

Iā€™ve studied what I can, so Iā€™m not too worried about that. The driving theory side I wasnā€™t too worried about - I drive often so I know that anyway. Itā€™s the CPC side that was concerning me, but having gone through the material a couple of times itā€™s the driverā€™s hours that are still causing a couple of issues, but I think I have the majority of it.

Do you need your surgery before you can drive or doesnā€™t it stop you?

TruckerGuy:
As soon as possible! I canā€™t get any firm dates out of the forum sponsor until Iā€™ve passed the theory. They didnā€™t even give an indication of the earliest dates available, but Iā€™m guessing it may be another 4-6 weeks at least.

Overall it hasnā€™t been too bad - I was expecting DVLA to take months, but it turned out to be 3 weeks, so that was good. Getting the theory booked then added about another month of delay.

I want to do C then C+E afterwards, so the training itself will be around 2 weeks or so, but that assumes I can do them back-to-back.

I was wondering whether to go to the trouble of re-applying for the updated provisional, but by the time Iā€™ve messed around doing that, it just means more delay, so Iā€™m going to stick with the C then C+E route.

Iā€™ve studied what I can, so Iā€™m not too worried about that. The driving theory side I wasnā€™t too worried about - I drive often so I know that anyway. Itā€™s the CPC side that was concerning me, but having gone through the material a couple of times itā€™s the driverā€™s hours that are still causing a couple of issues, but I think I have the majority of it.

Do you need your surgery before you can drive or doesnā€™t it stop you?

You sound like you have it planned in the same way as myself and with the same school, did you go to the training day by any chance? I drive often also and was getting the high end of 90ā€™s in my mock theories so I wasnt worried about them or the hpt (stupidly enough) but i struggled a bit with the cpc partā€¦not sure why as my results werent too bad considering - I probably studied a bit more than i remember lol

I found DVLA were pretty good too given the backlogs they are faced with so I have no complaints in that departmentā€¦yet! I also have been thinking about doing the provisional upgrade but for a start im not really sure how to and like you said, its just a load of faff when there is money to be earnt. Some companies are happy to cover the advanced training if they want to get you further up the ladder so the class 2 isnt all doom and gloom plus there is plenty of work around. I literally live and breath driving, always have done. Had driving jobs, two at once for a few years plus another job but I wanted more so here I am. Im taking the same route as you, going for the C then C+E and at the same school :slight_smile: How far are you from it?

My surgery is booked in for 5th, I do need it altho, could quite happily go a while without it butā€¦there is a lot I currently struggle with so im hoping the op is going to ease that for me. Its the second time they are having to do the surgery mind youā€¦its only a temp relief :cry: one of my main jobs was being a carer (private, in homes and in the community) but I cant do that anymore so as I enjoy driving I want to advance myself in that and make a living from it. :smiley:

TruckerGuy:
Good luck!

Lou88:

TruckerGuy:
Thankyou, also!

Yes! I managed to find somewhere to do them on the same day. The places I looked at were fully booked until November then suddenly there was one afternoon totally free, so I booked them all as fast as my internet connection would allow. [emoji38] I hope Iā€™m not crazy for doing them all the same day.

Lou88:
Nope not silly at all, I done exactly that and was allowed to do them back to back aswell. I done the stupid one extra click ā€œjust to be safeā€ which was one too many and scored me zero for the clipā€¦that was my fail which I instantly knew and regretted woops! [emoji38] Just hope I dont make the same mistake this time round, what day are your tests?

If you space your clicks out by at least a second, or almost 2 seconds, you should be ok with a few clicks per hazard. You donā€™t want to be too early and also score zero.

Lou88:
Nope not silly at all, I done exactly that and was allowed to do them back to back aswell. I done the stupid one extra click ā€œjust to be safeā€ which was one too many and scored me zero for the clipā€¦that was my fail which I instantly knew and regretted woops! [emoji38] Just hope I dont make the same mistake this time round, what day are your tests?

stu675:
If you space your clicks out by at least a second, or almost 2 seconds, you should be ok with a few clicks per hazard. You donā€™t want to be too early and also score zero.

Yeh i was trying to be extra safe with it so was doing around 4-5 (sometimes 6!) clicks per clip, def going to change the way I do it as I dont want a repeat :laughing: Tomorrow is test day so can only hope and try my best for a better result, thankyou for the advice, much appreciated and taken onboard :slight_smile:

Donā€™t panic if you do get a 0, I got two on mine, once for clicking too many times and I donā€™t know what happened with the other one, went up expecting to have made a mess of it and it turned out that I still passed it fairly comfortably.

rb1889:
Donā€™t panic if you do get a 0, I got two on mine, once for clicking too many times and I donā€™t know what happened with the other one, went up expecting to have made a mess of it and it turned out that I still passed it fairly comfortably.

That is reassuring to read! Hopefully I come out with a pass, do we have to wait for the theory certificate before we can book into the practical? Im going to book in before the op so that my wait time is spent recovering :laughing: Really want to complete it by the end of the year if I can

Lou88:
You sound like you have it planned in the same way as myself and with the same school, did you go to the training day by any chance? I drive often also and was getting the high end of 90ā€™s in my mock theories so I wasnt worried about them or the hpt (stupidly enough) but i struggled a bit with the cpc partā€¦not sure why as my results werent too bad considering - I probably studied a bit more than i remember lol

I found DVLA were pretty good too given the backlogs they are faced with so I have no complaints in that departmentā€¦yet! I also have been thinking about doing the provisional upgrade but for a start im not really sure how to and like you said, its just a load of faff when there is money to be earnt. Some companies are happy to cover the advanced training if they want to get you further up the ladder so the class 2 isnt all doom and gloom plus there is plenty of work around. I literally live and breath driving, always have done. Had driving jobs, two at once for a few years plus another job but I wanted more so here I am. Im taking the same route as you, going for the C then C+E and at the same school :slight_smile: How far are you from it?

My surgery is booked in for 5th, I do need it altho, could quite happily go a while without it butā€¦there is a lot I currently struggle with so im hoping the op is going to ease that for me. Its the second time they are having to do the surgery mind youā€¦its only a temp relief :cry: one of my main jobs was being a carer (private, in homes and in the community) but I cant do that anymore so as I enjoy driving I want to advance myself in that and make a living from it. :smiley:

Training day? What did it cover?

I did visit a couple of weeks ago and due to visit again this week. I had an unexpected drive of the rigid while I was there last time (I only went to check out the facilities). Great people and very helpful!

Iā€™ve been watching videos on YouTube and trying to get an idea for whatā€™s expected, what people do, and just to try and ā€œsee the jobā€. Class 2 has surprised me. I must say I tended to see it as multi-drops to shops, but of course there is much more!

How far am I from the training company? About 45 minutes, so not bad!

rb1889:

Yeah, me too. I got told zero for the very first one - so that settled my nerves, NOT! the other zero I didnā€™t know until I got my results, which was 80.