Is there a limit?

rb1889:
Don’t panic if you do get a 0, I got two on mine, once for clicking too many times and I don’t know what happened with the other one, went up expecting to have made a mess of it and it turned out that I still passed it fairly comfortably.

I’m scoring 4/5 quite consistently in the tests, so that equates to about 70-80% so if I do mess up I should still pass. I think we need 67% pass mark?

TruckerGuy:

Lou88:
You sound like you have it planned in the same way as myself and with the same school, did you go to the training day by any chance? I drive often also and was getting the high end of 90’s in my mock theories so I wasnt worried about them or the hpt (stupidly enough) but i struggled a bit with the cpc part…not sure why as my results werent too bad considering - I probably studied a bit more than i remember lol

I found DVLA were pretty good too given the backlogs they are faced with so I have no complaints in that department…yet! I also have been thinking about doing the provisional upgrade but for a start im not really sure how to and like you said, its just a load of faff when there is money to be earnt. Some companies are happy to cover the advanced training if they want to get you further up the ladder so the class 2 isnt all doom and gloom plus there is plenty of work around. I literally live and breath driving, always have done. Had driving jobs, two at once for a few years plus another job but I wanted more so here I am. Im taking the same route as you, going for the C then C+E and at the same school :slight_smile: How far are you from it?

My surgery is booked in for 5th, I do need it altho, could quite happily go a while without it but…there is a lot I currently struggle with so im hoping the op is going to ease that for me. Its the second time they are having to do the surgery mind you…its only a temp relief :cry: one of my main jobs was being a carer (private, in homes and in the community) but I cant do that anymore so as I enjoy driving I want to advance myself in that and make a living from it. :smiley:

Training day? What did it cover?

I did visit a couple of weeks ago and due to visit again this week. I had an unexpected drive of the rigid while I was there last time (I only went to check out the facilities). Great people and very helpful!

I’ve been watching videos on YouTube and trying to get an idea for what’s expected, what people do, and just to try and “see the job”. Class 2 has surprised me. I must say I tended to see it as multi-drops to shops, but of course there is much more!

How far am I from the training company? About 45 minutes, so not bad!

The training day covered pretty much everything and it was really helpful. I went on 29/09/21 so a little before you. Oh wow you were lucky to get to have a go in the rigid! How did you find it? Ah the people from peter smythes are great arent they? Very friendly and helpful.

Iv been watching the videos aswell, it just makes me want it even more lol Im trying to soak everything up as much as possible but of course…you learn much more once your on the job solo. I would ideally love any driver job with no hand ball or (this is my dream job here) one of them long distance UK based 1 drop jobs that are very rare to come by but anything will do while I get on the ladder and work upwards.

Thats not bad at all, I am just over a 4hr drive :open_mouth: :laughing: I will travel for the decent training and instructors and hope to return for the C+E afterwards too