Theory booking question

I just looked on the booking website to see what the prices and appointment free times were and I’m a bit confused.

When I did my car test the multiple choice and hazard perception was 1 test. On this it’s like 2 separate tests.

I’ve never done a Hgv/lgv theory so not sure what to do.

Tried searching but can’t see anything. Probably doesn’t need a thread but I want to book mine and have no idea.

They’ve obviously changed the website and booking UI since my car theory test a couple of years ago.

Thanks.

For lgv the theory test has 100 questions so will take a lot longer than the car test, therefore they split it into 2 separate tests. It means that you only have to prepare for one at a time and if you fail one, you don’t have to resit both as you would on a car test :slight_smile:

book all three LGV tests if you want to drive a truck professionally and insist the driver training includes both your driving test and cpc mod4 test, that way you finish the week ready for employment, thats how we do it.

Tockwith Training:
book all three LGV tests if you want to drive a truck professionally and insist the driver training includes both your driving test and cpc mod4 test, that way you finish the week ready for employment, thats how we do it.

That’s not a bad idea I might ring my training school and see what the chance of doing cat 4 after the test are :slight_smile:

Or ask your training provider to do it all as some do ( mine did from sorting medical providing materiel to practice the theory & hot to booking it ) then of course the assessment practical training test & test & test ( after several canceled test )

Oh so you can book both for the same day. I see. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Hopefully I get them booked very soon :slight_smile:

Quick addition - the system will only allow you to book the theory & hazard perception I think 3 hours apart, but if there’s space you might find the centre staff will let you just do them together. I would make sure you book theory, hazard and CPC (case studies) ones ASAP as I found there was a month delay in all centres around here.

trevHCS:
Quick addition - the system will only allow you to book the theory & hazard perception I think 3 hours apart, but if there’s space you might find the centre staff will let you just do them together. I would make sure you book theory, hazard and CPC (case studies) ones ASAP as I found there was a month delay in all centres around here.

I did Multi choice, HP, and Mod 2 all on the same day. My training provider booked not all for me, but they found that the system will not allow you to book before the max time allowed for the previous test. IE if the max allowed for multi choice is 2 hours and you book for 1pm the earliest you could book HP for is 3PM.

I was lucky and the test centre I went to let me start the next one straight away, just had to leave the room and then sign back in each time. They can however if busy make you wait until your actual start time

What does the cpc part involve? Ive booked the hazard and multipul choice for wednesday. Is there anyway i can prepair for the cpc part before i book it ?

no1toker:
What does the cpc part involve? Ive booked the hazard and multipul choice for wednesday. Is there anyway i can prepair for the cpc part before i book it ?

To be fair, If you can pass the multi choice theory then you can pass the CPC test, the only thing i found that i did not know was about what paper work you need when you go abroad.

The CPC part 2 is essentially the same as part 1 theory but more questions on a particular part.

Based on what was in mine and others I’ve seen here multi-manning seems to come up quite often such as what tacho card goes in what slot with 2 drivers, how long can the second driver be absent at the beginning of the shift (1 hour) and similar. There were also parts about being on a ferry and a few about driver hours. Surprisingly, at least in my case it wasn’t that hard and not too far off the standard theory details.

There is a site which I don’t think has been mentioned on this thread, but has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum called Driving Theory 4 All which gives a lot of section tests and mock tests. I used it and it’s quite good, but it seemed to go into more detail than the real test - panicked me a lot, but as I say the real test was easier.