Driver hours, is there a guide?

Is there any guide to drivers hours regulations?

stu675:
Is there any guide to drivers hours regulations?

gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … s-vehicles

Thanks, I’m sure I saw one on here but can’t find it again.

See if these help.

Muckles Cheat Sheet.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … &p=2111048

My brief guide.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 3#p1924193

tachograph:
See if these help.

Muckles Cheat Sheet.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … &p=2111048

My brief guide.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 3#p1924193

Thanks! I had seen Muckles’ before, but couldn’t find it. Yours is good too cheers!

Great summary!

If taking a split daily rest (3 hrs then 9 hrs) that is a minimum of 12 hours rest so the max working time for that 24-hour period is 12 hours (you wrote 15 hours in the post) for it to be inside the 24-hour window.

TruckerGuy:
If taking a split daily rest (3 hrs then 9 hrs) that is a minimum of 12 hours rest so the max working time for that 24-hour period is 12 hours (you wrote 15 hours in the post) for it to be inside the 24-hour window.

Who ?
Which post ?
Where ?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

tachograph:

TruckerGuy:

Who ?
Which post ?
Where ?

Yours

Daily Rest
Must have a daily rest period of at-least 11 hours within the 24 hour period from the start of the shift (maximum 13 hour shift).
The daily rest period can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods (maximum 15 hour shift).
Reduced daily rest periods do not have to be compensated for.
A regular daily rest period can be taken in two parts, the first part can be taken at any time and must be at-least 3 consecutive hours, the second part must be at-least 9 consecutive hours and must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift (maximum 15 hour shift).

stu675:

tachograph:

TruckerGuy:

Who ?
Which post ?
Where ?

Yours

Daily Rest
Must have a daily rest period of at-least 11 hours within the 24 hour period from the start of the shift (maximum 13 hour shift).
The daily rest period can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times between 2 weekly rest periods (maximum 15 hour shift).
Reduced daily rest periods do not have to be compensated for.
A regular daily rest period can be taken in two parts, the first part can be taken at any time and must be at-least 3 consecutive hours, the second part must be at-least 9 consecutive hours and must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift (maximum 15 hour shift).

A shift is generally regarded as the time from when you start work to when you finish work, if you’re having a split daily rest you must finish work no later than 15 hours from when you started work, that is a maximum 15 hour shift :confused:

Example of a split daily rest using a 15 hour shift

Work/drive 6 hours
Rest 3 hours (rest rules not break rules)
Work/drive 6 hours
Rest 9 hours
That is a 15 hour shift with a regular daily rest

Here, check this out, free e-book on drivers hours from a North-east training school, its got pictures and everything :slight_smile: The only thing it hasn’t got is the few extra bits from the August 2020 update to drivers hours
driverhours.co.uk/the-ultimate- … urs-guide/

Ahh - I see! Thanks for the “lightbulb” moment!