Help on Working time Directive

could some one help me on the wtd please ive totally confused my self or someones confused me i always thought it was 3 12 hours days u could so and 2 15 hours days but someones telling me diffrent if someone could explain the working time to me i would really appreciate it

Danny_boi1989:
could some one help me on the wtd please ive totally confused my self or someones confused me i always thought it was 3 12 hours days u could so and 2 15 hours days but someones telling me diffrent if someone could explain the working time to me i would really appreciate it

Correct me if I’m wrong but I suspect you’re referring to the tachograph regulations rather than the WTD.

The EU regulations state that you must have a daily rest period of at-least 11 hours completed within the 24 hour period from the start of the shift.

This means that you can have a maximum spread-over from start to end of the shift of no more than 13 hours.
(13 hour shift + 11 hours rest = 24 hour period).

Three times between weekly rest periods the daily rest period can be reduced to at-least 9 hours.

This means that three times between weekly rest periods you can have a maximum spread-over from start to end of shift of no more than 15 hours.
(15 shift + 9 hours rest = 24 hour period).

There is also a split daily rest period, where you have a rest period of at-least 3 consecutive hours during the shift, then you must have another rest period of at-least 9 hours after the shift, again this must all fit into the 24 hour period from the start of the shift.

Split daily rest periods do not count as reduced daily rest periods.

If I’ve misunderstood your post please let us know :wink:

Danny_boi1989:

Are you sure you mean WTD? It sounds more like the drivers’ hours regulations, and reduced rests.

There are 24hrs in a day.
In that period, you need to fit in a regular rest of at least 11 hrs, or a reduced rest of 9hrs.
You can reduce your rest up to three times between two, weekly rest periods.

For example, if you work 14hrs, then there are only 10hrs left in the 24hr period. Therefore, you can only fit in a reduced rest. (Even if you physically have more rest, it has to fit within the 24hrs from when your shift began)

To put it in the way that you asked - you can do three 15hr days and the other shifts at 13hrs

I think you are confusing wtd with e.u tacho regs, the maximum you can work per week is 60 hrs less breaks and poa’s to bring you back to an average of 48 hrs, an that is worked out over either 17 or 26 weeks depending on your companies agreement.

with driver tacho regs its 3 x 15 hrs and 3 x 13 hrs to make it easy, I know others will say you can do different with the 144 hrs between weekly rests so you can get more shifts in per week if they are shorter, just remember 13’s and the 15’s you won’t go far wrong. then you must not exceed 90 hrs driving in any given fortnight which is a rolling total. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

wildfire:
I think you are confusing wtd with e.u tacho regs, the maximum you can work per week is 60 hrs less breaks.

:blush: :blush: In the last 2 weeks I’ve done 66 and 68 hours. :blush: :blush: Not to mention going over 15 hours duty time 3x since February.
Christ, I need to get back on tippers.

thanks every one i was proper confusing my self every one keep telling me different thing thats why i thought i would ask on here i always thought that was working time directive

Muckaway:

wildfire:
I think you are confusing wtd with e.u tacho regs, the maximum you can work per week is 60 hrs less breaks.

:blush: :blush: In the last 2 weeks I’ve done 66 and 68 hours. :blush: :blush: Not to mention going over 15 hours duty time 3x since February.
Christ, I need to get back on tippers.

is that after you have taken off your breaks!?
if it is prepare to have to bend over when you meet Mr vosa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

After breaks it’s still above 60. I was asked to work Saturday too. (No chance)
What makes the day so long is the bloody handball jobs; It took nearly 2 hours to handball off 4t on Friday. There were 2 other handball jobs plus the drivjng around Wales.

Muckaway:
After breaks it’s still above 60. I was asked to work Saturday too. (No chance)
What makes the day so long is the bloody handball jobs; It took nearly 2 hours to handball off 4t on Friday. There were 2 other handball jobs plus the drivjng around Wales.

just checked the reg’s again and the 60 hrs is the max before any breaks which can be used to reduce time back to 48 hrs so better get the lube ready :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: your company should know better, but there again if you don’t tell them what you have already worked that week you could be to blame as well :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If the company and the driver is not bothered about the RTD hours worked then who is going to do anything about it ?

ROG:
If the company and the driver is not bothered about the RTD hours worked then who is going to do anything about it ?

I hand in timesheets, tachos and our running sheets have time out and time back boxes to fill in, so they know about it. There’s nothing about apart from agencies jobwise so until something does, I’ll have to put up with it.