NEWCOLD Wakefield

Hi all
I have turned down an interview this week for day driving with Newcold at Wakefield after reading so much negative old posts on here. Is there anyone on here who works at Newcold or knows anyone who does and can shed some light about what a typical day consists of on days without tramping and also any other relevant info on this company?

Aren’t those the questions you should ask at the interview? If you’re not interested in joining the company then what does it matter?

Steve-o:
Aren’t those the questions you should ask at the interview? If you’re not interested in joining the company then what does it matter?

Just for future reference.

Would be shooting myself in the foot if i was to ask interviewer about all the negative comments about Newcold. Just wondered if things have improved as the earlier problems could have been teething problems with it been a new site.

Money is good for the area,
I can walk to it from my house but would never work there,
All the hauliers round my way pay roughly the same so when this place popped up with good rates quite a few lads I know got a bit giddy and went…
All bar one are now back with there previous employer…

if your looking for a job in that area

ASDA ADC down at Normaton are looking for drivers ( on the web ASDA jobs )

45 hour week roughly £11.00 hr days £14 afters £16.50 nights plus overtime

its ambient delivery and you don’t have to work hard

only downside is they have the little Volvos so you cant swing the cat round

and some are restricted to 53 god knows why

cheers

sbhep:

cheers

Cheers, as i live in Batley, Normanton and back everyday would be a 200 mile trip weekly, about £50 in petrol, so i have found something on my doorstep for lesser money and a small family firm too.
The big corporate firms put me off with all the stringent rules you have to abide by.

sbhep:

cheers

Is that not temporary■■? Iv always fancied asda work but every time I’ve applied been told it’s 3 months temporary but don’t worry you will get another 3 month, can’t take that risk me…
One permanent driver told me a lad had been on temporary for over 2 years :open_mouth:

I have just been doing some shifts in there recently on the agency, and was asked if I fancied working on a temp to perm basis.

It was 5 from 7, or 4 on, 4 off. I politely declined as I like my weekends off with the wife and have a life outside of work.

If your a day driver, you don’t get your own motor, and can wait for hours if there are none in. Trampers will cab hop on a weekly basis as well. Majority of the trucks are kept clean inside, but the same can’t be said for the outside. All of the trucks are rented from Ryder or Volvo.

I remember going in when they first opened, and it was a shambles. While in the main it has improved, there are some things that haven’t changed.

Ken.

Quinny:
I have just been doing some shifts in there recently on the agency, and was asked if I fancied working on a temp to perm basis.

It was 5 from 7, or 4 on, 4 off. I politely declined as I like my weekends off with the wife and have a life outside of work.

If your a day driver, you don’t get your own motor, and can wait for hours if there are none in. Trampers will cab hop on a weekly basis as well. Majority of the trucks are kept clean inside, but the same can’t be said for the outside. All of the trucks are rented from Ryder or Volvo.

I remember going in when they first opened, and it was a shambles. While in the main it has improved, there are some things that haven’t changed.

Ken.

Sounds like i made the right choice to not bother with them

ArcticMonkey:

sbhep:

cheers

Cheers, as i live in Batley, Normanton and back everyday would be a 200 mile trip weekly, about £50 in petrol, so i have found something on my doorstep for lesser money and a small family firm too.
The big corporate firms put me off with all the stringent rules you have to abide by.

200miles ? Have they moved normanton ?

largebloke1969:

ArcticMonkey:

sbhep:

cheers

200miles ? Have they moved normanton ?

He did say weekly mileage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

According to google maps batley to normanton is 13miles each way :question:

largebloke1969:
According to google maps batley to normanton is 13miles each way :question:

Haha, no idea why i said 200 miles, re-worked it out to 130 miles a week.
Still, whats 70 miles to a lorry driver? :smiley:

largebloke1969:
Have they moved normanton ?

No it’s where it’s always been, stuck in the Victorian era. :smiley:

On a good day for me, it takes me around 15 mins, but if I hit traffic, it can be up to 45 mins.

Ken.