Newcold wakefield

Anybody worked at Newcold at wakefield? can tell me details about the job please.looked on FB and Google bit nothing

cheers in advance

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Try the forum search function in the corner

Advertising for days, extra quid p/h for nights;

indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk=8 … age%3Dlast

Done quite a bit of agency work there myself.

Job is easy. Nearly all back on a bay stuff. Trampers get their own motors, which in the main, tend not to get used when they are on their days off, however I have used a trampers motor because no others were available.

If your a day driver, you could be waiting for a truck or your load if they are not available or ready. Day drivers dont get their own motors. All own vehicles have trackers in. They are keen on you doing your checks, and you get plenty of time to do them. Note any damage before you leave as they take copies of your sheets before you go.

When I was last in there a couple of months ago, they were in the process of setting up on site fuelling, so it might be live by now. If not, you need to request a fuel card before you go, (If you need it.) and it is booked out to you so make sure you return it before you go home. It is not uncommon for a vehicle not to be filled by the previous driver.

They have a mixture of Mercs/Man’s/Volvos. From my own estimation, the blue eyes get the Volvos, but to be honest, I didn’t care what I drove as it isnt mine.

You can max out, and the days of you being recovered, in the main, seem to have gone, but if you want to earn, you can. Shift start times can be anything within 24 hours, so you might start at 02.00 one day, and 04.00 the next, but in the main, I saw the same people more or less at the same time.

Ignore the ■■■■■■■■■ that moan when you get there, as you will find them no matter where you work.

The place has changed since it first opened and they got rid of their first TM, and seems to be ran a bit better now, bit it still isn’t perfect.

Ken.

peirre:
Try the forum search function in the corner

forgot about that button.

Quinny:
Done quite a bit of agency work there myself.

Job is easy. Nearly all back on a bay stuff. Trampers get their own motors, which in the main, tend not to get used when they are on their days off, however I have used a trampers motor because no others were available.

If your a day driver, you could be waiting for a truck or your load if they are not available or ready. Day drivers dont get their own motors. All own vehicles have trackers in. They are keen on you doing your checks, and you get plenty of time to do them. Note any damage before you leave as they take copies of your sheets before you go.

When I was last in there a couple of months ago, they were in the process of setting up on site fuelling, so it might be live by now. If not, you need to request a fuel card before you go, (If you need it.) and it is booked out to you so make sure you return it before you go home. It is not uncommon for a vehicle not to be filled by the previous driver.

They have a mixture of Mercs/Man’s/Volvos. From my own estimation, the blue eyes get the Volvos, but to be honest, I didn’t care what I drove as it isnt mine.

You can max out, and the days of you being recovered, in the main, seem to have gone, but if you want to earn, you can. Shift start times can be anything within 24 hours, so you might start at 02.00 one day, and 04.00 the next, but in the main, I saw the same people more or less at the same time.

Ignore the [zb] that moan when you get there, as you will find them no matter where you work.

The place has changed since it first opened and they got rid of their first TM, and seems to be ran a bit better now, bit it still isn’t perfect.

Ken.

cheers mate.