Asda Wakefield

Advertising for a temporary driver in my area,
I applied about 2 year ago for a job with them and when they contacted me it was a “temporary” position so I said I can’t leave full time employment for temp and she said “it’s ok you will definitely get another 3 month contract almost indefinitely”
Anyone on here work for asda Wakefield/normanton■■? and is this the only way they employ you now…
Always fancied a go at asda work but not leaving my permanent job on that risky temp contract…

iirc there was a post on another thread that stated someone had been on rolling temporarily contracts for 2yrs

peirre:
iirc there was a post on another thread that stated someone had been on rolling temporarily contracts for 2yrs

Yes I read and posted on that thread,
Just looking for a bit more up to date info really,hopefully from a driver that’s working there…

The only way that you won’t get a permanent contract after 3 months are if you’re sick, have a bump or are a complete basket case. I work at Asda, I did get a couple of temporary contracts when I started but it was more down the admin process being slow.

mick.mh2racing:
The only way that you won’t get a permanent contract after 3 months are if you’re sick, have a bump or are a complete basket case. I work at Asda, I did get a couple of temporary contracts when I started but it was more down the admin process being slow.

Could be worth the risk then,
What shifts do they start you off on■■?
I like very early starts

The latest start you’d get is 0500 but I start at 0100. Start times are from midday onwards but new starters will get starts between midnight and 0400.
I’d say worth the risk if you’re half decent.

sent using smoke signals

Is the pay anygood working for Asda ?

Hourly is about 11.80 but there’s a shift premium for nights too. Overtime after 9 hours at time and a half. Easy work and you can do 38k without any bother.

sent using smoke signals

mick.mh2racing:
Hourly is about 11.80 but there’s a shift premium for nights too. Overtime after 9 hours at time and a half. Easy work and you can do 38k without any bother.

sent using smoke signals

Sounds good does that,
Many weekends■■?
Next time I see it on the ASDA site I’m applying…

Have a look now, they were recruiting last week. We work 4.5 weekends out of 8 which isn’t so bad in retail.

sent using smoke signals

mick.mh2racing:
Have a look now, they were recruiting last week. We work 4.5 weekends out of 8 which isn’t so bad in retail.

Yes I saw it last week it’s gone now,
I don’t mind working weekends as long as I still start early,
Will have to keep a look out for next vacancy

sent using smoke signals