New tactic being used by thieves?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … goods.html

Anaesthetic pumped I to the cab via night heater before rifling the trailer. Not the first time it’s happened according to plod who said “if he’d been parked under a bridge on the m25, we would have responded”.

Ok, I made that last but up.

been happening for years though predominately abroad round the usual watering holes.
obviously the vermin that are coming in here now are bringing the tried and tested practices with them to use n unsuspecting virgin type uk truckies,though that article now opens it up for anyone to do their own insurance job now without having to get someone to give them a slap to make it look good… :wink:

High value cargo…

In tilt/curtainsider trailers parked up in quiet industrial estates? Sorry, but it’s just asking for trouble.

I’m not getting into the ‘no such thing as gassing’ or ‘I was gassed’ argument.

You can keep your nights out.

dieseldog999:
been happening for years though predominately abroad round the usual watering holes.
obviously the vermin that are coming in here now are bringing the tried and tested practices with them to use n unsuspecting virgin type uk truckies,though that article now opens it up for anyone to do their own insurance job now without having to get someone to give them a slap to make it look good… :wink:

I’d heard it happen to people abroad in caravans and campervans. To be fair, I always thought it was a bit of an insurance con but wasn’t too sure. Was only a matter of time for it to come over here though.

Wheres the air intake for the night heater? On all the trucks Ive had, it`s been inside the cab.
Could a gas have been introduced into the cab? Probably yes, but maybe there would be traces on the cabin air filter? Or if the roof vent or windows were left open for air circulation?
Night Heater? Dunno.

bung a fire extinguisher the wrong way up into the exhaust assuming the heaters not running…or a hose from your nice quiet petrol car exhaust up the same place…instant meet mr sandman…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dieseldog999:
bung a fire extinguisher the wrong way up into the exhaust assuming the heaters not running…or a hose from your nice quiet petrol car exhaust up the same place…instant meet mr sandman…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lookit:
dieselheatingaustralia.com/p … cessories/
The air for the combustion chamber may come from the exterior, but the warm air is re-circulating in the cabin.
Clearly it`s better to reheat cabin air rather than take in freezing cold air from outside.

Dammit DD, your street cred as a BadAss hi-jacker is taking a dive here!

rcoa.ac.uk/news-and-bulleti … r-vehicles

On a controversial note :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Love the dirty Hi-vis for the photo shoot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:
Wheres the air intake for the night heater? On all the trucks Ive had, it`s been inside the cab.
Could a gas have been introduced into the cab? Probably yes, but maybe there would be traces on the cabin air filter? Or if the roof vent or windows were left open for air circulation?
Night Heater? Dunno.

The fresh air intake is next to the exhaust port they are both out side the cab as night heaters are bulkhead fitting ,the pipes are supposed to go in opersite directions the exhaust pipe level or down hill ,as above the air intake on one end is just recirculating .

Up to a couple of weeks ago I always agreed with The Royal College of Anaesthetists until Boris and Igor snuck over to Salisbury. Was it Porton Down or Perm up to no good?

Punchy Dan:

Franglais:
Night Heater? Dunno.

The fresh air intake is next to the exhaust port they are both out side the cab as night heaters are bulkhead fitting ,the pipes are supposed to go in opersite directions the exhaust pipe level or down hill ,as above the air intake on one end is just recirculating .

So the air intake on the outside goes ONLY into the combustion chamber on the heater, and is not an entry into the air inside the cabin?

Franglais:

dieseldog999:

Lookit:
dieselheatingaustralia.com/p … cessories/
The air for the combustion chamber may come from the exterior, but the warm air is re-circulating in the cabin.
Clearly it`s better to reheat cabin air rather than take in freezing cold air from outside.

Dammit DD, your street cred as a BadAss hi-jacker is taking a dive here!

^^^^^^^^
well the 2 pipes coming out are the same length and diameter.
ive had several on various campers ive had including 2 on both ones i have just now…the intake and exhaust are identical,and should also be balanced with similar lengths.
the only difference is if the heaters running.
car exhaust and a bit of hose has worked wonders for various gassings in the past,cheap and easy though usually theyve ended up as murders for one reason or another.
il need to have a try meself and see if the stuff comes into my camper.
il prob wait till my misses is sleeping and see if she wakes up…either way it looks like a win win for me a at best she will be unconsious for hours n a confined space with me.
normally it takes 2 bottles of pino gricio :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
High value cargo…
In tilt/curtainsider trailers parked up in quiet industrial estates? Sorry, but it’s just asking for trouble.

Exactly. :unamused:
If I’ve got anything slightly vauable and/or nickable, it’s secure parking sites, or other depot parking for me, or if no chance of either,… trailer left at loading point,.and off for park up and a pint in unit.

Rikki-UK:
https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/news-and-bulletin/rcoa-news-and-statements/statement-alleged-gassing-motor-vehicles

The expense and rarity of an effective gas makes it seem unlikely they are being used. The danger of using it may be less of a worry to a bunch of thieving ****!

Maybe their availability is localised?
An awful lot of drivers of my acquaintance seem to have been gassed and mugged near certain Night Clubs. Nah, coincidence.

Captain Caveman 76:
Lorry driver gassed in cab as thieves steal £70k worth of goods | Daily Mail Online

Anaesthetic pumped I to the cab via night heater before rifling the trailer. Not the first time it’s happened according to plod who said “if he’d been parked under a bridge on the m25, we would have responded”.

Ok, I made that last but up.

Fairy tales just ask the Russians they do it right or even ask our lot they do it then blame the Russians,and it looks like they might be getting away with it.

Franglais:

Rikki-UK:
https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/news-and-bulletin/rcoa-news-and-statements/statement-alleged-gassing-motor-vehicles

The expense and rarity of an effective gas makes it seem unlikely they are being used. The danger of using it may be less of a worry to a bunch of thieving ****!

Maybe their availability is localised?
An awful lot of drivers of my acquaintance seem to have been gassed and mugged near certain Night Clubs. Nah, coincidence.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well as ive already stated in previous posts theres always some good comes out of everything.
i stopped in a baghouse the night before i was to head for an easy run in to make the old herald.
i woke up in the cab mid afternon far too late to catch it before it flipped.
my head was busting,and my goolies were bright pink.it couldnt have been the drink as i only had 14 pints of stella so i must have been gassed.
i thought they had robbed me of 300 quid as i woke up skint,but when i went back to the baghouse they told me i had spent it on the girls ad the drink which cheered me up no end as if id have lost it id have been more cheesed off than if id have made the boat . :slight_smile:

Every night heater Ive worked on has had the intake and exhaust outside of the cab both lead to the internal combustion chamber the whole lot is sealed apart for the air intake and exhaust, so if you pump in gas you get gas out of the other pipe and driver gets none, now if you go to one of the external cab vents normally situtated on the back face of the cab itself you may have more luck.

I sleep with window open about 4’’ and sunroof up.
I woke up (luckily) about 1 am cab full of fumes like burning plastic, thought my trailer was on fire, and it did cross my mind I was being gassed…I wasn’t :smiley:
Just thought that some ■■■■ was burning snide dodgy waste after hours nearby, shut the window and sunroof went back kip.
Got up 4 hours or so later to see 4 Fire engines, the factory up the road had been on fire.
Asked the firemen if there had been any poisonous fumes, evacuations or anything to worry about healthwise, he reckoned not, but I had a dodgy throat all day.

Anaesthetic gas needs to be a mix of two substances, one being oxygen to act as the carrier and to knock out a driver would obviously need enough of it to fill the entire cab area with a sufficiently potent mix as for medical use its delivered by vapourisor in concentration.
Potential thieves would seriously have to do their homework to get this to work…