Information on the gassing of drivers

Hi guys after more than 15 years I got a new job with nights out again i’m a bit worried about begin gassed Have i been wound up or is this common practice now ,if so any tips on how to avoid this would help the good I’m transporting are mostly foodstuffs in curtainsiders.

This cant be right can it. Thanks .

A couple of years ago when I was still in the UK I remember a couple of incidents around suffolk where container boys had parked on the a14 and were dismayed when they awoke in the morning to find that they had been broken-in through their backdoors (ooh matron! :open_mouth: )

The guys had trouble getting up and complained of headaches and couldn’t remember anything suspicious, and I remember there was speculation that ether (probably bradex easy start or similar) had been squirted through the door seals to incapacitate them. I’m not sure if it was ever proven that was what happened, I really don’t think it was very common even then and I have never heard any of the guys on here who are still in the UK mention it so I don’t know if it’s ever happened since.

I really don’t think you should worry about it and also if you are carrying foodstuff it’s not really a hugely desirable load for thieves. I should worry more about curtain slashing from what I hear nowadays.

Inconvenient and expensive but at least it doesn’t risk your health.

It depends a bit on what they use. If you fit a Carbon Monoxide monitor in the cab then it should detect some of the gasses commonly used, but I will warn you that it is loud!

I never heard much of it in the UK. Plenty elsewhere in Europe though. Best of luck with the new job.

use designated parking areas
park well away from anywhere said to be dodgy
dont park in laybys
work days

using dedicated areas dont seem that safe either you hear all the time people getting curtains slashed, part load nicked, they dont seem to give a ■■■■ about the cctv cameras

superdix:
Hi guys after more than 15 years I got a new job with nights out again i’m a bit worried about begin gassed Have i been wound up or is this common practice now ,if so any tips on how to avoid this would help the good I’m transporting are mostly foodstuffs in curtainsiders.

It does seem a bit extreme, but I suppose some Transport Managers still like the old fashioned methods of disciplining unruly drivers :wink:

Information on the gassing of drivers

This is the very reason the mrs stopped doing nights out with me, I even stopped eating tesco baked beans (9.5 on the richter scale) but she still couldn’t put up with it :open_mouth:

Tiger.

The only time my trailer has been touched was in a MSA. Always done self catering and found my own parking place, if possible I would leave a little time on the card so I could move on if needed. :wink:

I must do a topic on scare mongering :bulb: :question:

Thanks Guys

NOT much to worry about then thanks some great post’s ill just get on a watch my blue films now. any swaps anyone ?

superdix:
Thanks Guys ill just get on a watch my blue films now

You must mean watch blu-ray films :question: :exclamation: with some and a

:laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: :exclamation:

superdix:

Here is some nice bedtime reading, make your own mind up.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34370