Favourite Truck related film and why

Mines road Games from 1981 (which gave me the trucking bug) Great film and the Merc reminds me of my first class 1 back in 89.

I could name others but this for me was the one.

as with most things these days I cannot remember the name but it was about an old guy in hospital who steals his truck back from the repo men and gets involved with a young lad and a ■■■■■ house, which he moves out of town, like me just an old guy trying to get along as best he can,

Hell Drivers, of course, but don’t forget Cannonball on ITV, too!

Steve

There’s only one

If only Stobart made a film :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Best truck film is Duel, it was Steven Spielbergs directional debut, physiological suspense thriller .
Another good one was Breakdown with Kurt Russel, his car is sabotaged to breakdown and his wife is kidnapped in a truck .
Patrick Swayze in Black Dog is not bad .
Can’t think of the name, but two teen lads chat up a mad trucker on the CB, call handle Kandy Kane .

tango boy:

They did Orange boy it was called “Steady Eddie” it was more believable than the channel 5 crap!

Nobby_Clarke:
There’s only one

Ditto. Nothing like watching a high speed pursuit of the bandit. God dam son ■■■■■. I’m gonna smack yo momma in the mouth when I get home :laughing:

hotel magnum:
as with most things these days I cannot remember the name but it was about an old guy in hospital who steals his truck back from the repo men and gets involved with a young lad and a ■■■■■ house, which he moves out of town, like me just an old guy trying to get along as best he can,

the great smokey roadblock wae hank fonda

The beast (il bestione) an Italian comedy/trucking film frae wae back. minds me when I was the new young lad ,never met any women like he did worst luck …but driving team wae an auld hand been there done it . The meals in the truckstop scene …aye :laughing: :laughing: never mind the auld drunky driver … youtu.be/5I7Qld3qSk8 … .for the meal scene

pete smith:

tango boy:

They did Orange boy it was called “Steady Eddie” it was more believable than the channel 5 crap!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hell drivers. Starring Herbert Kim, Stanley Baker, Syd James, Patrick McGoohan.

It should serve as a training video for modern day tippers.

This topic comes up regularly and I always say Road Games, but I always thought it must be a pretty obscure movie, as I think it’s the first time somebody else has mentioned it.

lost the video years ago, going to have to look for it on iTunes or something.

Butcher:
Hell drivers. Starring Herbert Kim, Stanley Baker, Syd James, Patrick McGoohan.

It should serve as a training video for modern day tippers.

Herbert Kim? Herbert Lom more like!

tango boy:

pete smith:

tango boy:

It’s a kids DVD honestly, had to endure it with the youngest 7 years ago, google it, I dare you!

pete smith:

tango boy:

pete smith:

tango boy:

It’s a kids DVD honestly, had to endure it with the youngest 7 years ago, google it, I dare you!

I’ll pass thanks :angry: :laughing:

JIMBO47:
The beast (il bestione) an Italian comedy/trucking film frae wae back. minds me when I was the new young lad ,never met any women like he did worst luck …but driving team wae an auld hand been there done it . The meals in the truckstop scene …aye :laughing: :laughing: never mind the auld drunky driver …youtu.be/5I7Qld3qSk8…for the meal scene

Brilliant opening sequence with the sun in the background and theme Una Vita Meta by Giancarlo Giannini in that film.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UWFfKGaohxc This because although it’s not a film as such it’s real .

JIMBO47:
The beast (il bestione) an Italian comedy/trucking film frae wae back. minds me when I was the new young lad ,never met any women like he did worst luck …but driving team wae an auld hand been there done it . The meals in the truckstop scene …aye :laughing: :laughing: never mind the auld drunky driver … youtu.be/5I7Qld3qSk8 … .for the meal scene

I’ve got it on video somewhere, crackin film, fiat 682 to poland

Convoy 10/4