Favourite Truck related film and why

I recall a tv series called ‘Truckers’ back in the 80’s when I first got into driving wagons. Was a good watch. I believe they are doing a remake.

muckles:
This topic comes up regularly and I always say Road Games, but I always thought it must be a pretty obscure movie, as I think it’s the first time somebody else has mentioned it.

lost the video years ago, going to have to look for it on iTunes or something.

DVD
ebay.co.uk/itm/ROADGAMES-ROA … Sw8w1X3alZ

Blue ray
ebay.co.uk/itm/Road-Games-19 … SwmfhX4fMD

:wink:

Punchy Dan:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UWFfKGaohxc This because although it’s not a film as such it’s real .

Just watched all 5 parts again Dan! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

My favorite is Duel, classic.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

tango boy:

Punchy Dan:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UWFfKGaohxc This because although it’s not a film as such it’s real .

Just watched all 5 parts again Dan! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Lol me too :sunglasses:

tonyj105:

JIMBO47:
The beast (il bestione) an Italian comedy/trucking film frae wae back. minds me when I was the new young lad ,never met any women like he did worst luck …but driving team wae an auld hand been there done it . The meals in the truckstop scene …aye :laughing: :laughing: never mind the auld drunky driver … youtu.be/5I7Qld3qSk8 … .for the meal scene

I’ve got it on video somewhere, crackin film, fiat 682 to poland

aye …was told never tae play for money at pool…bloody Dutchmen cheating hehe,never did the 70s driving but I really know the feeling he had in Poland when your mate buggers afe and you are left tae wander about on your own. :frowning:

Got to agree with it being dual brilliant old film

Saw a film in the 70s ‘Alfie Darling’ it had Alan Price (ex Animals) running Euro in a Scania.
Think it was a kind of re.make of Michael Caine’s Alfie.
Only ever saw it the once I was about 16, anybody else seen it…or was it all a dream. :smiley:

Think ‘Convoy’ was the best, often used to pretend I was R.D. in my TK Bedford at 21, … talking into my flask top. :laughing:

robroy:
Think ‘Convoy’ was the best

Ah convoy. A film I watched every saturday when I was a kid. Loved it
Duel was cracking and one of my top 10 all time favourite’s but there can only be one winner -

Must be me then i bloody hated Convoy, Duel though is proper, White Line Fever was ok in a 70’s sort of way, Smokey would have been superb without Reynolds but worth suffering him to leer at Sally Field.

Christ thats triggered a memory, does anyone recall that lorry driver who got a bit famous for a while back then smashing the flourescent lights on the foyer of a British cinema with the cab roof of a showpiece F88 when he climbed the kerb outside, wasn’t that some promotion at the time for one of these truckin films? Bob summat or other?

The snowman was always going to vote one way :laughing:
They’re all good films. It depends what you want. Mine is Smokey and the Bandit cos Jackie Gleason stole the show. His one-liners became classics. Everyone knows one

Casper68:
Mines road Games from 1981 (which gave me the trucking bug) Great film and the Merc reminds me of my first class 1 back in 89.

I could name others but this for me was the one.

+1 on that…Thought it was a good movie…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This 1 for me hands down

Was there a film where Charles Bronsons wife got burned alive inside a Volvo F10?

pete smith:

Butcher:
Hell drivers. Starring Herbert Kim, Stanley Baker, Syd James, Patrick McGoohan.

It should serve as a training video for modern day tippers.

Herbert Kim? Herbert Lom more like!

Cheers Pete! I should have checked spelling first. Not like me!!

Punchy Dan:

■■■■ that took me down memory lane :smiley: :smiley:

Any of the 3 Joy Ride films (think they were called Road Kill in the uk) are worth a watch.

Not necessarily horror but a bit gory in places so be warned.

My favourite was the third one, trailer for it here. youtu.be/e25BD1SNyy4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All 3 Joy Rides viewable here free putlocker.is/search/search.php?q=joy%20ride, as is near enough every film or series you could want.
Suggest you use adblock plus though.

Juddian:
All 3 Joy Rides viewable here free putlocker.is/search/search.php?q=joy%20ride, as is near enough every film or series you could want.

Only if you’re with certain internet providers though. I’m with BT and putlocker has been blocked by them now.

Hammy747:

Juddian:

Only if you’re with certain internet providers though. I’m with BT and putlocker has been blocked by them now.

Try downloading TOR (proxy), then have a go, it’ll be slower downloading being bounced around the world but with a bit of luck it might slip past BT’s blocking.

More worryingly, censorship of the internet is coming, it will join free speech and at some point in the future free thought in the annals of history.