Truck films

anyone like the films in my signature? Particular favourites, comments, any I’ve missed?

I put Hush in there as an outsider, but there is a truck in the film lol.

I posted this topic as a sidestep from the usual natter :slight_smile:
This is Trucknet after all, so I thought why not.

And I’m all for Clarkson returning btw, the top gear lorry episode is one of my faves, :grimacing:

Duel and Convoy top the bill. Smokey and the Bandit?

The late Patrick Swayze in Black Dog with Meatloaf.
Duel is another one.
And the one where two lads pretend to be women on the CB in their car, call sign Candy Cane to the psychotic trucker.
Not sure what the film was called.

Smokey and the Bandit?
[/quote]
Of course :slight_smile:

Over the top■■?

Convoy is awesome too.

Road Games with Stacy Keach and Jamie lee Curtis. Big trouble little China, the truck ain’t in it long but great film. Mad max 2. Queen of road, not great but entertaining.

Convoy! I must have seen that movie about 100 times! Black dog was good but I wouldnt watch it again
Smokey and the bandit was awesome as well. Never seen hell drivers. Is that the black and whit one with the tippers?

Convoy :smiley: used to watch that in my nappies lol
Dirty lyle was a ■■■■■■■ lol
I’m
Not seen the top gear truck episode…going to goggle it i think…

Maximum Overdrive.

toby1234abc:
The late Patrick Swayze in Black Dog with Meatloaf.
Duel is another one.
And the one where two lads pretend to be women on the CB in their car, call sign Candy Cane to the psychotic trucker.
Not sure what the film was called.

That’s roadkill. My old forum name used to be rusty_nail :wink:

convoy still my favourite lol.
I picked up smokey and the bandit 1,2,3 box set a couple of weeks ago,
didn’t even know there was 3!!!
watched 1 and 2 ok but turned 3 off after about 15mins,words cannot describe
how bad it was

Saw hell drivers when I was about 15 I remember it being about gravel tippers and the drivers doing loads of runs to keep their jobs.

Hell drivers…number1 for me.

Some great comments on here lads!

Yeah hell drivers was the b/w film, remember watching that with grandad on more than one occasion lol.

Des-c, I haven’t seen road games myself but don’t matter. Good call on mad max 2, great film.

And maximum overdrive, vaguely remember watching that once. Killer trucks lol!

I do like burt Young in convoy aka Pig Pen or as he calls himself, the love machine :slight_smile:

If anyone hasn’t seen Hush, look it up on YouTube. It’s another one of those that you watch once or twice, but that’s still twice more than smokey + bandit 3 eh Angof lol!

And dont forget the old British tranport films there short but good. :smiley:

Dan Bear 87:
Some great comments on here lads!

Yeah hell drivers was the b/w film, remember watching that with grandad on more than one occasion lol.

Des-c, I haven’t seen road games myself but don’t matter. Good call on mad max 2, great film.

And maximum overdrive, vaguely remember watching that once. Killer trucks lol!

I do like burt Young in convoy aka Pig Pen or as he calls himself, the love machine :slight_smile:

If anyone hasn’t seen Hush, look it up on YouTube. It’s another one of those that you watch once or twice, but that’s still twice more than smokey + bandit 3 eh Angof lol!

Road games is about a truck driver crossing the outback who picks up a girl, but she get kidnapped and he chases the guy across Australia. Good film well worth a watch, I think it’s on YouTube.

Meant to say in my earlier post Convoy and smokey and the Bandit great too. Must be 25 years since I seen Hell drivers but good film though.

Destination Doha, panorama documentary from the 70s

Breakdown with Kurt Russell and the trucker played by JT Walsh
In the film their car is sabotaged when stopping for fuel, by a gang that kidnap tourists in the New Mexico desert .
A very well made film.
I know it is not a truck film but Unlawful Entry with Ray Liolota and Russel was a great film.

Mrmack65:
Destination Doha, panorama documentary from the 70s

Yeah and Astran are still around i believe :smiley:

anyone remember a film called white line fever from back in the 70s?
it starred jan michael vincent,i remember as a kid seeing the film trailer where a truck smashed through a big glass structure,never saw it myself and ive not seen it around on video or dvd