Truck related films

Just killing some time so I thought I’d post something so forgive me if it’s not your cup of tea.
I know and love the well known truck films such as ‘Convoy’ and ‘Duel’ but by far my favourite has to be the 1981 film ‘Road Games’ staring Stacy Keach, a young Jamie Lee Curtis and a sweet Merc truck. I was 13 years old when this came out and I think it was this film that gave me the bug to drive trucks.
It’s not the best film in the world but there was something about it that captivated me and it’s been up there in my top ten ever since.
He’s the film if you’ve never seen it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ILrqv4dbe0

Hell Drivers

Is Smokie and the Bandit allowed?

nice thread

mrginge:

^ love this one

Priest:
nice thread

mrginge:

^ love this one

especially when buford t justice says very calmly to a number of youths,ARREST YOURSELVES and they do it without argument,then kicks one up the backside and says that’s known as an attention getter,classic

there is another one I think its called roadkill,all about a psychotic truck driver who has a joke played on him by two youths over the CB,next thing they know he is trying to kill them

The original Wages of Fear is superb, also They Drive by Night with George Raft, Ann Sheridan, Ida Lupino and Humphrey Bogart in starring roles about two brothers running a truck and working themselves into trouble (sounds familiar) is worth a look. The Long Haul is another fifties British film.

Pete.

funny, i was thinking tis the other day

anyone ever seen maximum over driver?

Stephen king film.

not actually about truck drivers, but plenty trucks in it.

Not actually a film more a documentary. Destination Doha I think it’s called. It follows drivers heading to the Gulf with oil related loads. Interesting stuff.

jcc100165:
Not actually a film more a documentary. Destination Doha I think it’s called. It follows drivers heading to the Gulf with oil related loads. Interesting stuff.

Got the DVD and hardback book of that. Cracking DVD, I like the bit where they get weekended at the bottom of the ski slopes so decide to have a go :smiley: Also a mechanic goes all the way over with one of the drivers to recover a truck which won’t start that has been left at the side of the road, gets it fixed and goes to Qatar I think for a load back to Blighty. Imagine telling the missus " I’m off to go recover a truck that’s broken down love, only trouble is its in the Middle East" :laughing:

Trucks and Trailers. Awesome fly on the wall series.

Tin hat on.

Beauford t justice absolute class !!! :grimacing: :grimacing:
youtu.be/PnNSy6CqTcU

Always my favourite one and back on youtube. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbUQ3N0-nFw

Hell Drivers

gave that to a mate who was on tippers at the time told him it was a training video
good movie though with a great cast

I love Duel. You should also check out an Argentinian film called Las Acacias - mind you, don’t watch it if you’re looking for action. It’s a very gentle film about a bond that slowly develops on a long road trip. The trailer is here…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7v2pQ-uWLc

Meatloaf stared in called Black Dog

Not a film, but does anybody remember the tv series ‘Movin On’ in the 80s, Will and Sonny Pruitt in the Kenworth conventional.

Then there was 'BJ and The Bear, total cack but some nice trucks.
Contraflow off here was the passenger I think, or it could have been his Dad :smiley:

robroy:
Not a film, but does anybody remember the tv series ‘Movin On’ in the 80s, Will and Sonny Pruitt in the Kenworth conventional.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhYnOBB8Vk

Ah yes ‘Hell Drivers’ classic

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9Vs9tOEaI

Casper68:

robroy:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhYnOBB8Vk

Used to love that show :blush: :blush: :laughing:
It was maybe even the 70s was it?

There’s an old b&w film called the Hijackers it stars a young Tony Booth (Cherie Blairs dad)driving an Albion 6 wheeler there’s quite old British lorries featured