Truck related films

gazsa401:
There’s an old b&w film called the Hijackers it stars a young Tony Booth (Cherie Blairs dad)driving an Albion 6 wheeler there’s quite old British lorries featured

I saw that for the first time two weeks ago would you believe. It was on BBC2. Really good film.

robroy:

Casper68:

robroy:
Not a film, but does anybody remember the tv series ‘Movin On’ in the 80s, Will and Sonny Pruitt in the Kenworth conventional.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhYnOBB8Vk

Used to love that show :blush: :blush: :laughing:
It was maybe even the 70s was it?

Movin’ On is an American drama series that ran for two seasons (and a total of forty-six episodes), between 1974 and 1976. It originally appeared on the NBC television network. The pilot episode for the series was known as In Tandem.
Care of Wikipedia

White Line Fever, more 70’s tosh, right load of cobblers but loads of Americano motors in it.

Under the skin starring Scarlett Johannson is on Film Four Friday 2nd October at 22.45, it is an amazing film, there is a Scottish log lorry driver in one scene.
She drives a van around the city picking up random men who are not actors and have no idea it is Scarlett.The music of a slow drum beat sends shivers down the spine as they end up in a derilict council house, if you like science fiction this film is for you, it is disturbing and portrays a different angle on aliens.You also get to see her naked.
The late Patrick Swayze also starred in Black Dog.

I like that 1 where they hijack a truck in south mimms …
Drive back to yard … .
Nail the fat ■■■■■■ manager to the 5th wheel …
Couple the trailer…
Burn his range rover…
Then do a night out and claim a wicked £25 in expenses .

Laffs from start to finish

Thats my fav .

1FLEETRENEGADE:
Beauford t justice absolute class !!! :grimacing: :grimacing:
youtu.be/PnNSy6CqTcU

allways thought it was buford,oh well i cant allways be right

eagerbeaver:
Trucks and Trailers. Awesome fly on the wall series.

Tin hat on.

the heroes of stobarts,dont think so,never realised until I looked it up

roger red hat:
funny, i was thinking tis the other day

anyone ever seen maximum over driver?

Stephen king film.

not actually about truck drivers, but plenty trucks in it.

Strangely enough, the short story it’s based on is called “Trucks”. Bloody good read.

Ice cold in Alex. Great British war movie.

This is my favourite, truck related, film m.youtube.com/watch?v=fflEzr_RkqM

youtube.com/watch?v=hsSLyrDNY0E

The the gear shifting skills were as laughable as the attitude to the law. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Carryfast:
Always my favourite one and back on youtube. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbUQ3N0-nFw

A nice retro film, but not too hot on continuity it seems. The truck they’re driving changes in every scene :unamused:

From Ice cold in Alex

Getting the lorry up the sand dune.

allways thought it was buford,oh well i cant allways be right

In all fairness I use autocorrect far to much lol :blush:

over the top Sylvester Stallone as an arm wresting trucker with makeshift in cab gym so he can train.

war1974:
over the top Sylvester Stallone as an arm wresting trucker with makeshift in cab gym so he can train.

forgot that one even though I have it ,good film

citycat:

Carryfast:
Always my favourite one and back on youtube. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbUQ3N0-nFw

A nice retro film, but not too hot on continuity it seems. The truck they’re driving changes in every scene :unamused:

To be fair it was only a low budget short film advertising exercise for BP and maybe Leyland.On that note it’s probably easy to understand the problems of vehicle availability for filming assuming the use of a working haulage fleet. :bulb:

While also ironically showing the difference in the free movement of labour between the colonies when the Ozzies rightly welcomed Brits as their own for the purposes of job opportunities.

Héraultais:
From Ice cold in Alex

Getting the lorry up the sand dune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k81rRaszRlg

Sylvia Syms. :smiley:

I’ve never understood the idea of someone winding a starting handle supposedly providing more torque at the crankshaft than the engine can. :open_mouth: :laughing: Although it’s always been a good example to show the flaws in the short stroke engine idea. :wink: