Analogue tacho driving time?

Can anyone tell me how do I see how much driving time I’ve done on this tacho? I know on the digital ones you just press the down button.
Thanks in advance for any help.

You can’t do it via the tacho unit - that’s why we all used pen/paper, stop watch or tachtrak-type thingy’s back in the day :wink:

As has been said an analogue tachograph does not tell you how much driving time you’ve done.

Either use a timer or smart phone app or keep a written record of your driving time.

Ok thanks at least I know now.

Assuming you’ve got a smart phone there’s an app called, I think, trucker timer. It uses your gps and logs whenever you’re moving as driving time and whenever you’re stopped as other work, same as a digital tacho.

Seems to be really accurate, used it myself in our old truck until we got rid of it and know a few other drivers who still use it in analogue trucks and buses.

Failing that just set an alarm in your phone for something like 4 hours 15 minutes, gives you 15 mins to find somewhere to stop.

Will also do all your rest periods as well if you fully utilise it. Worth every penny especially if you’re going to be using that truck for a while.

Here’s a link if you’re an iPhone user.

TruckerTimer by App Holdings
appsto.re/gb/EiViH.i

When using an analogue tachograph I’ve used the trip counter time in the dashboard menu. In most cases this counts the time the engine is running, but some also tell the idling time so you can deduct that to get the time moving.

Worth buying one of these if on analog a lot. I always used one tachodisc.co.uk/Tachograph-P … Checker-(1.aspx

Last resort…

Open the ■■■■ thing up and count what you’ve done. Put an explainer on the back.

yourhavingalarf:
Last resort…

Open the ■■■■ thing up and count what you’ve done. Put an explainer on the back.

Always did that in the past and on more than 1 ocassion through the day, I know you wasn’t supposed to, but the ministry didn’t seem to be that bothered about it.
I highly recommend what Luke posted up.