Analogue tacho and recording time

When you guys are using an analogue tacho as opposed to a digi (where driving time is autmoatically kept for you to easily see) what kind of device do you use to keep a record? A kitchen cooking timer or what? I need to buy something for this purpose. Any suggestions?

If you’ve got a smart phone there’s an app called Trucker Timer which I know is quite popular.

I looked at the sp**ty d*g app some people get on great with it , it doesn’t cost much either. I didn’t install it and use the timer clock on my phone instead , for me it’s easier.

yeah any type of timer will do even one on your mobile will do, use with a pen and paper and hay presto :wink:

stopwatch on velcro and a window mounted notepad, usually note chart in time, drive time , breaks etc, comes in handy at end of day when filling in WTD book/diary or timesheets.

few quid for them on fleabay

I’ve always kept a diary.And still do.

What I use when I’m on analogue is my sat nav, I have a Garmin and you can reset the timers on it so if you keep it on it tells you your moving time and this works it out via the GPS. Just remember to reset it after your 45.

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I may try out the app and see how I get one with it.