Anyone use tacho apps on their phone?

Morning folks
Does anyone use a phone app to keep track of drivers hours? (I’ve recently returned to the industry after several years doing something completely different)
Cheers in advance, Neil.

I use the tachometer in the truck, tells me, hours driven, rest, and fortnight and weekly, don’t need app.

It’s an app, I have no use for, so on that I’m out.

biggriffin:
I use the tachometer in the truck, tells me, hours driven, rest, and fortnight and weekly, don’t need app.

Cheers mate, I should have said…I sometimes drive up to 3 different wagons per day and some of them have analogue tacho’s (It’s not the greatest driving job but I’m home every night and the work is a doddle).
I used to have a thing called a “Tachtrack” which was a great thing, that said, digital tacho’s didn’t exist when I packed in driving.

When I started the firm I was with at the time had a few older trucks still fitted with analogue discs, I used to use trucker timer to keep track of my driving / work / rest but I found the apps were only as good as the person using them [emoji849] that being said it did help because at least you had some idea of what you were doing without having to constantly read the discs. Hth, Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just keep a diary?

Truckertimer

Costs a couple of quid I think. Tracks everything. And gives you reminders for WTD breaks… Also doesn’t reset itself after 45 mins POA. Uses GPS on your phone - so switched modes automatically. You just need to tell it when you are on break/POA (also will ask how long break is for and will set an alarm).

Also very useful if you do DHL/supermarket type work and they want to know exactly when you finished your last shift. Or exactly how long your weekly rest was and between what times it was.

Really rate it.

bobbya:

keep up with the times

Pretty sure TruckerTimer by app holdings was free when I got it but that was a good couple of years back and I might have forgotten that I did indeed purchase it.

The other one I tried which I definitely did pay for was the TachoGuard app by zool software but I couldn’t get on with the interface/graphics, which ■■■■■■ me off as like I said I’d paid out for it.

These are on android btw not iposer.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

robthedog:

bobbya:

keep up with the times

Sometimes I think these apps are used just for the sake of it. What’s the difference between looking at the frisbee, seeing how many hours you’ve worked/driven and typing it into an app as opposed to a diary? At least a diary wont crash and forget all your information.

sammym:
Truckertimer

Costs a couple of quid I think. Tracks everything. And gives you reminders for WTD breaks… Also doesn’t reset itself after 45 mins POA. Uses GPS on your phone - so switched modes automatically. You just need to tell it when you are on break/POA (also will ask how long break is for and will set an alarm).

Also very useful if you do DHL/supermarket type work and they want to know exactly when you finished your last shift. Or exactly how long your weekly rest was and between what times it was.

Really rate it.

+1
£6 now I think but well worth it - take a few minutes to set it up but once you do its a great piece of tech .

Nite Owl:

robthedog:

bobbya:

keep up with the times

Sometimes I think these apps are used just for the sake of it. What’s the difference between looking at the frisbee, seeing how many hours you’ve worked/driven and typing it into an app as opposed to a diary? At least a diary wont crash and forget all your information.

To be fair you cannot just look at a chart and see how much driving you’ve done, even with the help a chart reader aid it’s time consuming.

I just look at the display and take a printout for my records at the end of the day.

Does it need to be any less straight forward than that?

Picklehoffer:
I should have said…I sometimes drive up to 3 different wagons per day and some of them have analogue tacho’s

toonsy:
I just look at the display and take a printout for my records at the end of the day.

Does it need to be any less straight forward than that?