Analogue tacho help!

I’m driving a 2006 Daf with an analogue tacho at the moment (newer style one above your head). This week has been my first experience of analogue tachos and I’ve bern using the Trucker Timer app on my phone to keep myself in check. However, there have been some occassions when it’s stop/start in traffic or whatever that I forget to change the mode on the app so its record may not be 100% accurate. I’ve been erring on the side of caution when it comes to taking breaks and knocking off rather than trying to max my hours out based on what the app says, but I’m concerned that I’m gonna rack up a load of infringements or miscalculate my hours completely.

How do I know, definitively, how many hours I’ve driven and worked for the week? Is there an easy way of doing it? Any advice from long-term analogue users on how you do things?

Cheers

Use the gps function on timer app and it will switch for you, will eat the battery though.

Can leave it plugged in I suppose. Just wondered how I can go about reading the charts, if at all?

How about this.
http://www.tachodisc.co.uk/tachograph-products/driver-s-disc-checker

I use one of those chart checkers , from time to time I don’t usually do anything like max hours , but if in doubt It’s easy to check the days chart. . I think I paid about £ 10 for mine tho .
Cheers mike