A14 Diversion Farce

Anyone else get caught out with the diversion on Friday morning Appro 0030 on the a14, west bound closed diversion eastbound ended up near Snailwell to go North, and if you followed the signage it takes you back onto the a14 westbound , a normal 3:45 run turned into 5 hrs :unamused:

I was coming up the M11 heading for Kettering and there were no signs at all on the M25 or M11. I just went East to J32, round the island and back West. Followed on to the A428 until I got to the A1 and picked the A14 back up there.

Didn’t need signs so wasn’t really looking for them. Where exactly did they send you ?

Ha you think that’s good :open_mouth:
Wednesday early am 2am ish this was on the A38 northbound at Holden Hill by Exeter Racecourse they have a Diversion it should have been like the previous night off follow sliproad at end turn right under A38 then follow to the A380 pick up NB back to A38…

Yeah simples till some $%&King Git placed the cones quite convincingly across the right turn sending everything down the lanes getting tighter so it was near mayhem when you had to go to the bottom of the hill (almost single track ) to spin around … there must have been about 15 of us worst bit was NO phone signal … so was right on the clock for 1st break :open_mouth: …

Terry T:
I was coming up the M11 heading for Kettering and there were no signs at all on the M25 or M11. I just went East to J32, round the island and back West. Followed on to the A428 until I got to the A1 and picked the A14 back up there.

Didn’t need signs so wasn’t really looking for them. Where exactly did they send you ?

The diversion signs went to Snailwell turn of then signs all over the place so ended up going to Ely then kings Lynn as I was going to Barton then found out Hubbert’s bridge closed slight diversion to Boston then a16 east closed , And the topping on the cake was a18 closed to 7.5t due to bridge works next time i’ll come of a428 cut across to A1

Well that sounds bizarre. Why take you off at J37 if it’s closed from J31-26. The obvious route for long distance westbound traffic is via the A428 and A1.

When I went down that route earlier in the evening the matrix read delays j10-8 M11 ,A1 closed at Blackcat roundabout . If I’d known I would of probably gone up The M1 back across the a46 to get back on track, would of been a dam site faster

Agree the diversion signage was pretty poor.

I was heading North and followed a diversion sign for A1198 Huntingdon. Might be wrong but could have sworn there were two diversion options at the roundabout with the A428, :confused: - Tom tom chose the Huntingdon route and in the end lost me about 10 mins if that.

I’d got my TomTom on and it too wanted me to take the A1198 but I wasn’t sure which junction it would take me to and the time I’d save by taking that instead of the A1 would’ve been lost by me having to stop to check the route on my map so I just went for the A1. Turns out it takes you to J24 which was the other side of the closure but you live and learn.

truckster5:
Agree the diversion signage was pretty poor.

I was heading North and followed a diversion sign for A1198 Huntingdon. Might be wrong but could have sworn there were two diversion options at the roundabout with the A428, :confused: - Tom tom chose the Huntingdon route and in the end lost me about 10 mins if that.

Just checked my dash cam and on this island here there’s a diversion sign telling you to turn left towards Little Barford when the A1 is straight over about a mile down the road :unamused: