Huntingdon/a14/a1

anyone else being screwed over by this fiasco, its days like today, you just wanna hang your keys up, and walk away from it for good :unamused:

On Monday you will have forgotten all about it and be happy again. If there weren’t any problems life would be boring.

chilistrucker:
its days like today, you just wanna hang your keys up, and walk away from it for good :unamused:

I think you should do that. If one incident like this is winding you up and stressing you out to this extent then you are doing your health no good at all. You’ll end up having a stroke or being involved in some kind of rage incident and the job isn’t worth that.

Have I missed something?

dukeofdirt:
Have I missed something?

Probably this is the reason.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca … e-12252446

Coffeeholic:

dukeofdirt:
Have I missed something?

Probably this is the reason.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca … e-12252446

Cheers CH.

I hope it will be back open for the early hours of tomorrow or I will just go down the A1

Its a bad one for roll overs that round about isnt it?

2 professional drivers collided - wonder who was in a rush :unamused: :unamused:

That roundabout is probably one of the worst designed junctions in the whole of the British Isles, it could easily catch out the unwary, the way you have to swing from one direction to the other, especially coming north from the bit that used to be the A604 and head west, everything is exagerated and the cambers are all wrong :unamused:

However, bad as it is, you should still be able to stay upright, having not witnessed the incident it’s hard to say what caused it, but having driven around it many times I would wager that there was a grand prix race to the first corner and one of them lost :open_mouth:

i was stuck in it, came down from abington on m74 this morning for delivery colchester, decided to do a change over at cambridge services for a redditch instead, just got to alconbury turn off and the police closed it off, damm, divert to st neots, (like everybody else), got to the services, changed over and had to come back same way, finally got to redditch on 10 hours 1 minute driving (curses) :slight_smile:

newmercman:
That roundabout is probably one of the worst designed junctions in the whole of the British Isles, it could easily catch out the unwary, the way you have to swing from one direction to the other, especially coming north from the bit that used to be the A604 and head west, everything is exagerated and the cambers are all wrong :unamused:

However, bad as it is, you should still be able to stay upright, having not witnessed the incident it’s hard to say what caused it, but having driven around it many times I would wager that there was a grand prix race to the first corner and one of them lost :open_mouth:

that roundabout is a race track from all directions, i have family in huntingdon, and whenever we are down there in the car, we always turn off at alconbury and go down the back road to avoid it :slight_smile:

On Look East,it looked like a unit and block trailer ran into the rear of the tanker,resulting in block driver being trapped.Rescue was long, due to not being able to use cutting equipment because of risk of sparks.Without knowing the facts,although it looks like block driver’s fault,the tanker could have cut him up, so hard to say.

everyday that roundabout is on the traffic report, i think sally traffic is on a bonus scheme for everytime she mentions it :laughing:

From Cambs Fire and Rescue… cambsfire.gov.uk/incidents/6578.php

Coffeeholic:

chilistrucker:
its days like today, you just wanna hang your keys up, and walk away from it for good :unamused:

I think you should do that. If one incident like this is winding you up and stressing you out to this extent then you are doing your health no good at all. You’ll end up having a stroke or being involved in some kind of rage incident and the job isn’t worth that.

luckily, i have decided to take your learned advice.
and this march/april, am off to pastures new, where the day to day red tape, congestion, idiots on the uk roads, and ■■■■ poor lack of facilities in the uk for drivers, will, on the whole, become a thing of the past, and yet luckily, i still get to keep driving wagons, which is pretty much all i ever wanted to do as a career. thanks very much for your helpful guidance.

Well our 'ouse was in the 200m ‘exclusion zone’ - didn’t stop me smoking in the back garden though :laughing:

jj72:
Well our 'ouse was in the 200m ‘exclusion zone’ - didn’t stop me smoking in the back garden though :laughing:

ha,ha, don’t let the authorities see this, they said, “STAY INDOORS, AND KEEP ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS SHUT.”
the thing that wound me up, about the whole scenario, was, you could haipply drive east to west on this stretch of the a14, but not west to east :confused:
now i know there are certain safety elements they put in place, but it just seemed daft, as their exclusion zone, apeared to be the central reservation of the a14, from the a1 across to, where the old godmanchester truck stop used to be, going west to east, so in their eyes you were ok travelling in the other direction■■?
forgive me if i’m being petty, but surely, the crash barrier in the middle of this stretch of a14, would not protect those heading east to west, from some sort of chemical poisoning■■?

chilistrucker:

Coffeeholic:

chilistrucker:

luckily, i have decided to take your learned advice.
and this march/april, am off to pastures new, where the day to day red tape, congestion, idiots on the uk roads, and ■■■■ poor lack of facilities in the uk for drivers, will, on the whole, become a thing of the past, and yet luckily, i still get to keep driving wagons, which is pretty much all i ever wanted to do as a career. thanks very much for your helpful guidance.

Good to hear, can only be good for you and I wish you good luck in your new job.

BTW, my first post wasn’t meant as some kind of ■■■■ take, it was simply that the job seemed to be getting to you and it aint worth it.

no,no its fine, the job, as in"uk general" is getting to me, a combination of hours, facilities or lack of etc, made me realise, that i need to go back to what i love the most, so march/april, thats what i’m gonna do.
im the 1st to say, if a job is that bad, then change it, so i have, all being well, it should be for the better, i hope :grimacing:

Rick B:
2 professional drivers collided - wonder who was in a rush :unamused: :unamused:

The bloke was probably teaching his boss a lesson for giving him a erf! :wink: