Relocated looking for new work:)

Hello all.

Well I have just moved close to Newport, Wales feels good to be back home. Anyway any recommendations on who to start sending my cv out to? I am still with Turners on the fuel side tramping but to be honest the commute to stay in a low profie CF especially with it being quiet is actually becoming painful. Looking for tramping work, reasonable distance clearing 550 minimum. Already been in contact with SK had a good chat and unfortunately did not seem suitable. You guys are in the know. So here I am asking:)

Doesn’t need to be fuel ill pull anything

TD Williams Bridgend.
Gerry Jones.
Wrings Bristol.
David Hathaway Yate.
Saville Ltd Bristol.
Richard Tovey Bristol.
IJ Mgill Ltd Keynsham have an advert on Hicks Gate roundabout and need Lgv 1 and 2 drivers in an advert in the paper.
Bristol is not far from Newport.

Thanks for the list.

I am willing to go further than Bristol. Main thing is wage. 550 take home I don’t think is too much to ask for tramping. I will hit these up. Thanks again

Massey Wilcox in Chilcompton are after Lgv 1 drivers.It is South of Bristol.
So are Djb Willmotts at Cranmore.
They do UK and Malta or drop a trailer in Italy and fly back or vice versa.
Framptons transport at Shepton Mallet need Lgv 1 drivers.
Call 01749 333 400 for an application form.

Hicks in Newport are advertising, away all week, £10 ph, time & half for overtime, not sure how many hours before overtime kicks in.

Already sent CV yesterday. I’ll chase up hicks next week. Seems alright.

Stobart looking for trampers at Newport.

Saw them advertising. I considered applying. But got persuaded otherwise. Each to their own. I wouldn’t have a problem working for them. Pay is a bit meh

Jamiemufu:
Hello all.

Well I have just moved close to Newport, Wales feels good to be back home. Anyway any recommendations on who to start sending my cv out to? I am still with Turners on the fuel side tramping but to be honest the commute to stay in a low profie CF especially with it being quiet is actually becoming painful. Looking for tramping work, reasonable distance clearing 550 minimum. Already been in contact with SK had a good chat and unfortunately did not seem suitable. You guys are in the know. So here I am asking:)

Doesn’t need to be fuel ill pull anything

I live in Newport you would be hard pushed to find a worse place to be a driver, the work that pays proper money is over the bridge in Avonmouth you wont earn your target wage if you do it will be no life and max hours.

We struggle to get drivers at my place for £12, other firms like Next and the Co-Op pay up to £14, most of the drivers who work in the area (Avonmouth) are from S.E Wales, the demise of manufacturing in the area the W.A.G and the tolls have put an end to decent driving jobs.

The agency’s operating around Avonmouth seem to have work on offer. Try gumtree.bristol.co.uk, a few of the agencies advertise there. Try Mainline, Driver Hire, there’s a few more but can’t think of their names if you’re thinking of trying agency work. Hope it helps, good luck.

MikeDBristol:
The agency’s operating around Avonmouth seem to have work on offer. Try gumtree.bristol.co.uk, a few of the agencies advertise there. Try Mainline, Driver Hire, there’s a few more but can’t think of their names if you’re thinking of trying agency work. Hope it helps, good luck.

Also try ADR they seem to struggle to supply us with decent drivers, we had one the other day and he couldn’t speak any English whatsoever.

Thanks for input folks. Not looking for agency work. Don’t care if the hourly rate is higher. Need full time. Mouths to feed and all:) I’m still working full time with Turners. But it’s time to move on I think:)

Maybe you could transfer to Turners nr Cardiff on powder tankers ?

Pretty sure Turners has a depot near Bristol, could be Avonmouth, doing BWOC work.
You could transfer easily and wouldn’t have pay them back the 3K you signed you would pay when leaving early or is that not compulsory after all?

I am doing bwoc work. They won’t let me change depots because I am running the urban. And they can’t find anyone else to tramp in the low profile CF lol.

Samworths are looking at bristol.

Jamiemufu:
I am still with Turners on the fuel side tramping but to be honest the commute to stay in a low profie CF especially with it being quiet is actually becoming painful.

Why is it quiet, thought things were on the up?

Fuel prices are down.either everyone bought up loads or are waiting… economics. Plus it’s not cold yet so heating oils have not reallc been needed

fuzzimuzzi:
Samworths are looking at bristol.

Culina are looking too but it won’t be tramping but you could get a couple of nights out a week if you wanted it.

Most of it is carp money down there. There’s fuel tankers run out of Cardiff, T & the like. There’s a Bibby depot in Cardiff Dock that might be slightly above average. Can’t help with anyone in Newport.