PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:

dave docwra:
“DEANB”

Yes i agree “Kempston” Paul Gee is always telling me that such and such has bought someone out.He keeps up with the
modern goings on where as i dont. Thanks for the info,that incinerator is at Marchwood i think and thanks for the pic. :wink:

The son of Bullies is operating waste recycling companies in the same colours down in Fareham & Farnborough,

tauruswaste.com

Thanks for that info Dave. :wink: I wondered why Paul had sent me this pic. :laughing:

Kempston:
“DEANB”

Anyone know where the Grant’s DAF is from ■■

Freightroute have a depot in Irthlingborough just off the A45 near where Rushden and Diamonds football ground was. They also have a depot I believe in Poole? Grants bought out Aileys transport from the northants area, so given its pulling a FreightRoute trailer I would guess it’s from somewhere around the northants area, I also think I can remember them doing a lot of work for Weetabix at Burton Latimer near the A14.

Thanks for the info Kempston. :smiley: I dont know if they have a depot in Poole although i have not seen one. :unamused: :wink:

oiltreader:
This photo from the John Wakely Collection who was himself a driver(not with A&J Bull) back then.
Oily

Great pic Oily. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Anyone know where the Grant’s DAF is from ■■

Hi Dean, You have been a busy lad again…From memory, I think that the Grants ERF is from the Northampton area, I could be wrong. :wink:

Cheers, Ray.

You know how it is Ray. :unamused: :laughing:

windrush:
I remember when I worked for a BMC dealership replacing some pistons on a HA van belonging to Hond and Langar, the local glaziers. It involved removing the front axle to gain access to the sump and I was laying underneath torquing the big ends up when the wrench slipped and my hand travelled along the crankshaft, removing two fingernails in the process. :unamused: It hurt!

Pete.

Thats sound’s bloody painful Pete,nasty chap i bet the old fingers were throbbing a bit ! :unamused: :wink:

gazsa401:
Good morning Dean
Regarding J Swingler there’s some photos of their Volvos on Flickr
Cheers Gary [emoji106]

Thanks Gary. :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

They certainly liked there Foden’s.

Hello Dean you have done a very great job on this thead brilliant pictrues and articles from the old Commercial motor Magazine of A.J. Bull tippers lowloaders and a few of there old classic trucks as well love it Daz Many Thanks again :smiley: :slight_smile:

I miss seeing there motor’s about Daz used to see them around Poole now and then. :wink:

Like wise Dean yes there motor’s did get about in there days :wink:

tribsa:
Hi Dean
Still doing a great job.
The Scania is McMurrarys from Accrington
Aldo Grants now branded Freightroute took over H Young in Eastleigh who have a yard next to the old one as the Young family have let theirs to Biffa

Cheers
Rich

Thanks for the info on those companies,good stuff chap. :smiley: :wink: