Police using unmarked HGVs (Operation Tramline)

Jeeze, I guess I consider myself spoiled over here then,
I sometimes drive with my coffee in hand resting on the window to “air cool” my coffee :wink:
RCMP never bat an eyelid as people drink coffee or a bottle of water etc all the time like everywhere else in the world!!!
I believe over here it is down to the discretion of the officer to determine if a person is not in control of their vehicle and I would imagine it’s the same in England so god only knows why they push so hard to bother HGV drivers with something as trivial as drinking a coffee!
Obviously is someone is watching a movie or sitting on their bunk or something clearly stupid then absolutely stop them and shaft them but I’m sure the police know more than anyone how hard lorry drivers work through the week and how much distance we cover etc so having a sip from a coffee cup should really not be such a big deal. Do they expect us to pull over every few miles to sip coffee or something!
You can get your ■■■ that the police do exactly what they penalize drivers for too.
What’s next, are they gonna ban the sale of coffee to HGV drivers or something :unamused: